Vinyl Records:

Small business

"Yeah, well, after that came our camp. We went to a smaller country, but better developed than ours. Which is kind of ironic, if you ask me. I distinctively remember that you didn't go to that one. We were supposed to be 'friends' then, but to tell you the truth, none of us could handle you staying with us. So, it was better for us. Stella and Nina came along too, and we all made arrangements to stay in the same room, all three of us. And we kinda had fun, until one night."

"What happened?" I heard Abigail's quiet voice ask. She didn't like talking about these years, so I shortened it as much as I could.

"We started ignoring Stella. And for no apparent reason. Nina and I just thought we clicked better together. So we started doing things- just the two of us. I could tell Stella was heartbroken over it. Back then, she wasn't trying so hard to cover up her feelings. I could still see right through. But I chose to ignore it. Much as I chose to ignore everything else. All that mattered was that my dad wasn't keeping such a critic eye on me and I could have fun. At least that time's definition of 'fun'. So, we did everything we could. But we had personalities. The bad side of me started coming out more and more each day. And it scared me still. So I pushed her back in; I didn't know that that was the worst thing I could have done. It became apparent that Stella just had to be a part of our group. Together we stand, divided we fall. It was quite easy. So we just took her in again. And she didn't complain once about our previous behavior. None of us stated her true feelings and we were perfectly comfortable that way." I paused and let Abigail catch up to what I was saying. I still thought we needed a recorder or something. Surely, none of us had that. Actually, we did. But they were broken. So, not what we needed. Back to writing.

"And what happened?" Abigail said pushing me further into my imaginary world. I felt like a kid again, like I was just a ghost watching the events play out. Without a say in them whatsoever.

"We spent a lot of time like that. In which we tried everything that could keep us together. And it worked longer than anyone expected a year and a half. Hell, even longer than that. But during that year, each of us started developing her own personality. We would completely change when we were together. We fought with everyone, we thought we owned everything. We took things for granted. But when one of us missed school, or was sick, the group started falling. So, we hung out with other kids and with them we were shy, introverted and sometimes plain mean. Not a lot of fun, but we had to be two people at one time. We didn't have a boss. Each of us made her own decisions. Until Nina started to act bossy. We couldn't say anything to her, we were afraid she'd destroy us. But dad told me everyday how she's not our real friend and how he couldn't stand her. And bit by bit, I started seeing the girl dad saw too. After me, Stella did too,and we planned our revenge. Then, I went to a camp and planned everything."

Flashback

"Stella, I can't stand her. She's always yelling at us, always giving us orders. She even said we're her little 'ducks' and that we follow her everywhere. I don't wanna be friends with her anymore." I said, confidently. I was scared out of my mind, but I had to play it tough if I wanted us to be free.

You stood next to me, nodding your head. You looked elsewhere. Didn't want to be involved with us anymore. You talked to Stella on the phone and apologized to her and told her what she should do: listen to me.

"Okay, I guess. Who calls her?" Stella asked nervously. I silently prayed she wouldn't call Nina and ruin our plans.

"Me. I'll call her now. Call you right back." I said and hung up the phone. I called Nina and things went, well, horribly. How things are supposed to go in situations like these. After that, me and Stella were best friends. We did everything together. And we were better people.


Abigail smirked at that memory. I did know why. She once told me. It was revenge. And she took it on the people that broke her. She took it on Stella, Nina but she didn't take it on me.

Not now anyway.
♠ ♠ ♠
"I grab my pen and I write up a list, of all the people that won't be missed ... You made my shitlist"
-L7