Waiting On A Second-Hand Pick Me Up

1/1

Waiting On A Second-Hand Pick Me Up

Sipping his piping hot coffee Alex mused about how much success he -and his band - had had over the past 2 years ; They started out in high school and had released an ep when Alex was 16! But he never imagined they would be on the cover of AP magazine. He was waiting to
wake up and find out that it was all a dream . He breathed out , it was a mix between a yawn and a sigh of content -he preferred the latter- . That was the one thing Alex didn’t like about ’fame’ : you barely get a full night’s sleep.

*flashback*

“Aleeeeex” Jack whined in a patheticbut amazingly cute voice ,
“What Jack?” Alex turned round in his desk to face his smiling companion
“I Love you !” He whisper-shouted , Alex blushed.
“I love you to baby” The older boy whispered back tenderly before stroking his cheek lightly with his index finger and turning back round.


*end of flashback*

“Huh ?” Alex queried as he snapped out of his reminiscing , the faint traces of a goofy smile on his face
“ I was just gonna ask why you were sighing , Allie” Jack said as he pulled up a stool next to Alex and took a sip of his Coffee.
“Jaaaack” Alex whined , jutting out his bottom lip “that was my Coffee J , you’re just lucky I love and adore you so much” Alex stated nonchalantly. Jack smiled and hugged Alex tightly. Alex could sense the unease in the hug.

“What’s wrong ?” Alex asked -concern flashed through his rich , deep brown eyes- leaning sub-consciously toward Jack
“you know how we said we were going to be completely open with one another ?” Jack asked hesitantly , Alex nodded waiting to see where Jack was taking it “Good , um … well … jeez …. I …. um…. Wel-” Jack stumbled over his words
“Spit it out Jacky !” Alex laughed nervously , fear was evident in his voice .
“well , I want to say but, well…. Your’e gonna hate me !” Jack hung his head in shame . Or guilt ?
“your leaving me aren’t you ?!” Alex whimpered , the glassy tears that had previously been brimming his eyes spilled over and rolled down his cheeks and onto to the table

“No , baby. No I would never do that , I would never leave you. Ssh baby , I would never leave you” Jack whispered reassurances into Alex’s hair as he held him to his chest. Jack continued to do this for a whils , after 10 or so minutes Alex pulled out of Jack’s embrace ; eyes puffy and embarrassed by his sudden and uncalled for outburst.
“sorry” Alex whispered lightly , his voice hoarse from sobbing. Jack rubbed his hand up and down Alex’s back in a comforting manner
“it’s ok” Jack smiled at him “But remember I would never , ever , ever leave you , I love you Alex. Stop thinking I don‘t” He finished
“I’m sorry Jacky” Alex whispered again. Jack just shook his head and hugged Alex again . Alex still noticed the unease radiating off of Jack.

“Anyway” Alex started , clearly trying to draw attention away from him -but still trying to find out the problem-
“what did you want to tell me , Jack?” Alex said -concern once again evident in his eyes-
“well , I-I-I think it’d just be better to show you , and get it over with” Jack sighed. Alex pursed his lips and his eyebrows knit together trying think what Jack could mean.
Jack breathed deeply before rolling up the left sleeve on his indigo jacket. Alex gasped seeing the scars and healing cuts defacing Jacks once defect free arm.

“Alex , I know you feel angry and betrayed and probably very hurt ; But please don’t hate me !” Jack pleaded , fear painted on his face.
Alex stopped just short of Jack. Alex pulled Jack into an -initially too tight - embrace. Jack was crying , the sobs wracking through his body , tears streaming out of his eyes. Alex was crying with him , he promised to protect Jack. What did he do wrong ?
“It’s ok Jack” Alex said his head resting on top of Jacks “we can go and see someone , and you’ll be ok. We can fix this , you just need to tell someone. Okay baby. We can fix this” Alex said in hushed tones. Jack just nodded into Alex’s chest.
“I love you , for everything I don’t‘ know how you can live with me after this“ Jack mumbled into Alex‘s -now tear stained- chest.
“I would never leave you ,I love Jack. Stop thinking I don‘t” Alex said , quoting Jacks earlier words.


The End
826 words.
♠ ♠ ♠
tada
I realise i am horrible at punctuation ...