Sequel: Blood, Sex and Booze

Give Me Novacaine

Walking Contradiction.

The next couple of days, baby Abby had gotten really sick. Alyssa was holding her in her arms on the couch, trying to feed Abby her bottle, but she kept refusing to drink from it.

"Beej, I really think we need to take her to somebody." Alyssa said worried.

Billie sighed and got up, he didn't want this to be happening, "alright. Lets go."

They all dressed up for the cold snow that was falling outside, Marty would be really happy to see that. They went to the Emergency Room, checked in 'Abigail Armstrong' and put a name tag around her wrist. They did the same with Billie and Alyssa with their daughters name on it. By the time that the nurse had called them back, a half an hour had went by.

"Mr. and Mrs. Armstrong. We're going to have to keep Abigail over night. She's... not really doing so well. We want to keep a good eye on her. There's some bad fatal chances..." the nurse said trailing off. She hated telling people bad news about their family members, "I can insure you that we will take extra good care of her."

Alyssa was crying on Billie's shoulder by now, and he was rubbing her back and also trying to stay calm.

"What all can we do, doctor?" he asked getting choked up.

The nurse shook her head, "nothing but wait. I'm sorry." She got up and gave Alyssa and Billie both hugs and walked out of the room.

[ALYSSA'S POV]

I felt totally numb throughout my whole body, like I was going to faint any time now. I sat up and got a tissue from the table beside me. Billie grabbed one also for himself as well.

"I need to go call Marty. I'll be right back." I told Billie as I got up. He squeezed my hand and I turned around to look at him. He gave me a small kiss of insurance that 'everything will turn out to be okay'. I tried to smile at him. I could tell it didn't turn out so well because he gave me a sympathedic look and turned away for me to go call my best friend.

"Mrs. Armstrong?" I heard somebody say from behind me. Sounded like a little kid. I turned around to see a small girl.

"Wow. It really is you." she said as she let out a huge breath, "can I have your autograph?"

I was stunned, usually it's Billie, Tre and Mike who get asked these questions. I really wasn't in the mood for this, but, I didn't want to be rude.

"Sure." I said smiling at her. She handed me a pen and a napkin and I signed my name for her.

"So, what are you here for little one?" I asked her as I was signing my name.

"Oh. My brother. He got hurt really bad when he was at Soccer practice. A ball got him in the face, knocked a few of his teeth out." the little girl said, "he loves your husband's band and he thinks that you're really pretty, I wanted to give him your autograph to hopefully make him feel better."

"I'm sorry to hear that. I hope everything works out good. Tell him I said hi and that I hope he gets better." I told her as she started to walk away.

She smiled real big, told me bye and walked off. I went ahead with what I was originally doing and called Marty. I was still crying a lot. Talking to her would make me feel a lot better.

"Hello, love." she said when she answered.

"Hey. Uhm, do you think you could come down to the Hospital right now? I... really want you to." I told her.

She got silent for a moment, "why?"

I sighed, "I'll tell you when you get here. Just, come. Please, bring Tre and Mike for Billie."

Marty, Tre and Mike all arrived in the waiting area. Marty was looking frantically for me, when she spotted me, she ran up and gave me a huge hug. I began to cry even more. We sat down and I explained everything to her.

"Hold on." she told me. She went into the bathroom and came out with something.

"Is that toilet paper?" I asked laughing a little.

She laughed also, "yeah. Well, it works." She rolled up a bunch of it and wiped away the tears from my face.

"It's all going to be fine." she said giving me another hug. I leaned my head on her shoulder and sat there for what seemed like forever. Tre, Mike and Billie were all having guy talk.

"Hey Marty, where's Alice?" I asked her.

"I took her to Ollie's house. I told her that it was urgent, she understood, and I told her we'd be back home sometime tonight or tomorrow. I didn't want to leave you here alone. Even if Billie is here." she said smiling at me.

[MARTY'S POV]

I hated seeing Alyssa like this. Thats why I wanted to stick around here for her as much as I possibly could. Tre, Mike and Billie had all sat with us by now and we were all waiting for the nurse to come out with news or something.

"Lyss? You awake?" I asked her. There was no responce. It was now 2 in the morning, and no news yet.

"Hey, Billie. I'm going to get a coffee, will you take her?" I asked pointing to Alyssa.

He nodded at me, grabbed his wife and let her lay on him. I stood up and noticed that my arm was numb from where her head was. I started to laugh to myself. If Alyssa was awake, I'm pretty sure she'd be laughing too. Oh well. She's my sister, I need to be doing everything for her at the moment.

[TRE'S POV]

I saw Marty get up and almost falling over from trying to push herself off the seat with her arm, then she started laughing. I don't want to know. I smiled to myself. But, Damn. Thats all I really have to say. I don't want anything horrible to happen to Abby. We're all family, and shes part of the famliy now. Just like Alice was also. I loved this child like I love Alice as my own.

[MIKE'S POV]

In all the years that I've known Billie, I've never seen him this hurt. Other than when his dad died, that was a wreck, but that was when he was in fifth grade, he's 27 now. Just became a dad, and has only been married for a year and a half. This has to be one of the hardest things for him. I can't imagine whats going through Lyssa's head either. She's been crying on Marty since we got here.

[BILLIE'S POV]

We've been here for a long time now. It's four in the morning. I should really be getting some sleep. I can't though. I don't want any nightmares that could make me even worse. I wanted Alyssa to get more sleep than I would though.

"Hey Billie, you hanging in there?" Mike asked me. I could tell that he wanted to go home.

"Yeah... Mike, you don't have to be here if you don't want to." I told him.

"No, no. It's fine. I want to be here." he told me.

I guess I drifted off to sleep, because thats all I remember him saying. Then I woke up and realized that Alyssa and Marty were back with food and it was daylight. The clock read 10am. Tre and Mike were sitting together talking over by the vending machines. Probably fighting over who gets what.

I saw the same nurse come in the room from last night. She started walking towards me. Alyssa saw her too, said something to Marty, then came running over here. The three of us stood in a circle and the nurse began talking.

She smiled warmly and said, "Abigail is perfectly fine now. We took very good care of her last night and she's due to come home in about 2 hours. You can go see her if you'd like."

Alyssa jumped up and hugged both of us.

"I can go see her now?!" she asked very pipey.

"Of course." the nurse said with a smile. We followed her back behind the swinging doors, and she led us through a busy hallway with beds everywhere and people walking around in light green outfits. The smell of these places bother me, its like being around death all the time. It's awkward. We finally reached the room where she was being held in.

"Hey honey! It's mommy and daddy." I told her as we both sat down next to her. The nursed walked out and closed the door behind her.

Abby looked over at us. It's a shame that she couldn't talk yet. I would of loved to hear, "hi mama" and "hi dada."

[ALYSSA'S POV]

I felt so relieved and happy that Abby was alive and well. I could finally take her back home where she belonged. I rubbed her face with my thumb real softly and patted her head. Billie and I sat there for what seemed like forever, just cooing at our daughter. The same nurse came in and told us that visiting hours for the day was over and that she needed to back to the waiting room.

"I love you, honey." I told her as we walked out. Billie took my hand and we walked back out to where the rest of our friends were and told them the great news.

"Yay!" Marty squealed and hugged me tightly.

"I can't breathe!" I said with a gasp. She quickly let go and started laughing. We were all so cheery and happy again, I could tell that a giant blanket of stress was lifted off of all of us. It was great to have that feeling again. Billie's just been acting strange lately, oh well, its just my mind playing tricks on me.

Marty took a step outside and about had a heartattack.

"There's snow in the ground, Alyssa!" she ended up yelling. Tre grabbed her arm and dragged her with him to the car.

"Tre. You don't want to do that." I told him as we all got in the car. I looked back at Marty, she was pouting. I laughed.

"Oh... well, I'll let her have her fun next time." he said laughing.

We brought home Abby with us that night and took our friends home. It was going to be a normal night, havn't had that in a while. I had Abby in my arms and she had fallen asleep as we pulled up to our house. Billie got out of the car, came to my side and opened the door for me, since I had Abby. We went inside and took her to her room. We put the baby monitors up on 'high' just incase anything else would happen. We walked back downstairs and cuddled on the couch with a giant blanket surrounding us both and watched Titanic, it was the only thing on at this time.

"This is my favorite movie, ever." I told him as he tightened his grip around me.

"Yeah, mine too." he said back to me.

[BILLIE'S POV]

There was a long silence between us, I didn't like it. Even though we were watching a movie, it still bothered me. The fact that I've betrayed her and she doesn't know it is killing me. I was drunk though... and on tour... but that doesn't give me any excuse whatsoever to do that to her. I needed and wanted to tell her, just, didn't know how. She was so happy now.

"Beej. Are you alright?" she asked me with the volume turned down to where I could only hear a little bit of what was going on in the movie.

I sighed, "no."

"Why?" Alyssa asked then leaned in to kiss me. Her lips were just a fraction of an inch from mine when I turned away. I just couldn't do it. I felt terrible afterwards, she looked hurt.

I opened my mouth to say something, but then closed it again.

"What is going on with you?" she asked with a more firm tone.

"I'm so sorry, Lyss. I'm so, so sorry." I told her burying my face in her hair.

She pulled my head up harshly and stared at me.

"On tour... me and Tre had gotten too much to drink and Mike was telling us to stop and we wouldn't listen to him and Tre ended passing out on the ground. Mike went to take care of him while I went off on my own."

I trailed off. I couldn't bear to say the rest. But I had to now. I had no choice.

"I saw that one girl, Adrienne, that we saw on TV that one day, and I told her how we saw her and how she'd married Tom and stuff, and she said that they'd gotten a divorce, and we were talking and one thing led to another and well... I'm so sorry."

I started crying a lot more. I looked up at her and I couldn't see anything coming from her. Just blank... nothing. She was extremely hurt, and I knew it. I had ruined everything. I hate myself for this.

"You cheated on me, thats what you're saying?" she said softly.

I nodded my head in shame.

"You had sex with your ex-girlfriend from more than 3 years ago?!" she said starting to raise her voice.

I once again, nodded my head.

"You've been keeping this from me for months and just been pretending that everything was fine?!" she starting yelling. Alyssa got up and ran upstairs. I heard her go into our room and start slamming the drawers. I could guess what she was doing, but I didn't want to... she was leaving me.

I sat on the couch looking at my wedding ring. 2 years all thrown away. How could I possibly do this.

[ALYSSA'S POV]

I was so filled with rage and hurt that I didn't even know what I was thinking anymore. I was probably just going to go with Tre and Marty down the street. I couldn't be around Billie right now. I felt so betrayed. I just grabbed most of my shit from our room and headed back downstairs with my daughter and my suitcase.

"Billie, I love you. I just can't deal with you right now. Goodbye." I told him as I stepped outside into the cold, snowy night.