Sequel: Blood, Sex and Booze

Give Me Novacaine

Chump.

"You two..." Tre said, marching towards the married couple. They were sitting on the loveseat in the living room, enjoying their coffee, turning their heads to look at Tre. They thought he was going to lecture them on how loud they were the night before. Ayla bit her lip, knowing she didn't attempt to hide anything. "You two need to fucking tell me how you work your magic because that sounded way too good last night."

"You actually listened?!" Ayla exclaimed. "You're sick!"

"No, no, no! I didn't listen purposely you were just... loud." Tre shrugged. "And I want to know what the hell to do when Martena and I finally get there."

"Shouldn't you be staying at your place?" Billie asked.

"Yeah, well-"

"I'll fill you in on some stuff but maybe try it out at your house so that you don't have to listen to us anymore."

Martena and Kate walked in with two mugs of coffee, each, and sat on the couch. Tre looked at Billie wide-eyed.

"I totally heard you," Martena said, smiling over her coffee cup. Kate snorted and Ayla looked at the girls, hiding her laugh.

Tre looked down and bit his lip, walking out of the room.

--------------- [A few weeks later] ---------------

Today was Billie's birthday and he was finally turning 25. Ayla went out to buy last minute gifts, taking the girls with her so she could cover more ground.

Once the girls got back to the house, everybody celebrated with a cake with drawn on guitars and music notes with 'Happy Birthday, Billie' written on it. Ayla cut into the cake, serving everyone a piece. It was chocolate cake with a raspberry filling, his favorite.

"I love you," Ayla whispered and kissed her husbands face.

"I love you, too." He kissed her on the lips. "You're the best."

"Hey, love birds. Get over here so Billie can open his presents!" Martena yelled from the living room. "The rest of you as well!"

Ayla, Billie, Kate, and Mike walked over and sat on the couch. They all watched as Billie opened a present from everyone. Martena had three pieces of cake and sat back down next to Tre and his arm went around her shoulders.

--------------- [Another month later] ---------------

Green Day scheduled a two month long tour around California, Nevada, and some shows in New York and the guys were all packed and ready to go. Kate, Martena, and Ayla stood in front of security while the guys were getting patted down.

"Are you okay?" Martena asked, looking at Ayla. She was playing with her wedding ring, staring ahead.

"Yeah, this is just the first time he's leaving for tour while we've been together. I've never spent more than a week from him in a couple years." She sighed. "What about you?"

"Tre and I have only been dating for a few months, I'll be okay."

Billie, Mike, and Tre all waved back at the girls and they finally left the airport. Martena took the keys from Ayla, letting her take everything in.

--------------- [Two weeks later] ---------------

"Hey, Lyss. Could you uhh... come here for a second?" Martena asked.

Kate had gone home to visit her parents for the time being while the guys were away. She had gotten news of a family emergency and didn't know when she'd be back in Oakland.

"What's up?"

"I don't know how to say this but..."

"It's fine. Go on..."

"What would you do if I told you I was pregnant?"

"I would be so happy!" Ayla hugged her best friend. "This is amazing!"

"Really?! I didn't know how you'd react!"

"Yes, really! I think this is great!"

The girls sat at the dining room table, talking babies and going over different ways on how to tell Tre.

"Man, this is a horrible time for Tre to be on tour..." Martena sighed.

"By the way, how far long are you?"

"I'm thinking I'm about 8-9 weeks in. I want to tell him as soon as possible but I also want to tell him in person..."

"Well, by the time he gets home you will be about four months in. You'll be showing and he will immediately notice. I think you should call him."

Martena sighed.

--------------- [TRE'S POV] ---------------

"We had a great show tonight, guys!" Billie said and threw himself on the couch. He already opened a beer and took a big swig, letting out a loud burp afterwards.

My phone began to ring and I saw that it was Martena calling. I smiled and told the guys to keep it down. Mike began making fake sex noises and Tre threw his shoes at him. Billie laughed and went down the short hallway to lay in his bunk.

"Hey, love!" I said, answering the phone. "How are you?"

"I'm great!" She replied. I could tell she was smiling. "Tre, I hate to cut to the chase so quickly but I do have something to tell you." I sat up in my seat.

"Please tell."

"Um... Do you promise to not run?"

"I promise, I promise. There's no running in this relationship." Billie and Mike came out into the living area, giving me serious looks. "So, please, just tell me what's going on."

"I'm pregnant."

--------------- [MARTENA'S POV] ---------------

Silence fell between Tre and I. I heard bottles clinking in the background and I waved Ayla to come over to me. She gave me a look of concern and sat next to me on the couch; she put her hand on my knee.

"Babe?" I asked.

"You're pregnant?"

"Yes..."

"How far along?" He asked.

"I think I'm about 8 or 9 weeks." He didn't say anything. "Did you run already?" Tre let out a soft laugh.

"I'm not running," he replied. "Never running, babe. I'm just a little shocked by this."

"So am I," I laughed. "Tre, thank you."

"For what?"

"For being so cool about this situation."

"Martena?"

"Yeah?"

"I love you."

---------------- [THIRD PERSON POV] -------------------

Another month passed and Martena was starting to have morning sickness but she was staying with Tre at his place. The two have been talking about finally moving in together so Ayla started packing up some of her stuff while she dealt with the sickness.

Green Day's tour ended two weeks later than it was supposed to so the guys had only been home for three days. Ayla had been feeling off for about a week and decided to take a pregnancy test out of curiosity. She called Martena.

"Is it even worth taking a test?" Ayla asked her best friend.

"I think you should. What's the worst that could happen? The two lines pop up?"

"Yes!"

"Look, no one is more ready to have a baby than you and Billie Joe are."

"We don't even have our own place..."

"But you've looked and talked about it." Ayla sighed. "Just take the test and call me when you find out."

--------------- [AYLA'S POV] ---------------

I walked through the aisles of Walgreens, trying to find the 'family planning' section. I come across the right section and choose two different pregnancy tests to buy. I quickly leave the aisle and go into the section where they had pop and snacks only to look up from my phone and see Billie staring into his phone. I backed up into the shelves and accidentally knock cans of Pringles onto the floor.

Billie turns around and spots me standing about ten feet behind him. He walks towards me and smiles.

"Hey, pretty lady, come here often?" He laughed and looked into my basket, his smile fading from his face. He looked back up at me, eyes wide. I'm pretty sure his heart stopped in that moment.

"About two times a week, actually," I laughed, nervously.

"You're pregnant?!" He whispered and grabbed my shoulders. "And didn't tell me?!"

"I might be! I don't know!" I looked down at my feet. "I just had a funny feeling and since Martena is pregnant, I wanted to take a test just to rule it out."

"Martena is pregnant?!"

"Oops..." I smiled, trying to lighten the mood between us. Billie shook his head, walking away from me and trying to process all of this news at once. "What were you doing here, anyway?"

"I don't even know anymore, Ayla." He sighed. "How did this even happen?!" I snorted. "Not that kind of how."

"Can I blindside you with something else?"

"Sure, go ahead."

"I think we need to look for our own place."

"We'll go tomorrow," Billie replied. "Come on, I'll buy those. Let's go home." My husband put his arm around my shoulders and lead her to the register.

-------------------------------

Billie and I sat on the edge of the tub, our hands in our laps. He tapped his foot against the floor, nervously, and kept checking the time while we waiting for the tests to be done. I looked over at my husband and tried imagining what our child would look like. He had such soft skin, beautiful hazel green eyes, and a nose that I always thought was so cute. Billie caught me looking at him and smiled, kissing my forehead. We stared at each other and went to kiss when the alarm on his watch went off. Him and I looked over at the pregnancy test on the sink and took a deep breath.

-------------------------------

"Guys, Billie and I have some news," I said as I stood in front of my friends. Kate wasn't here to witness the news being told and I still needed to call her later. Tre, Martena - who already knew, Mike, and Billie sat at the dining room table.

"You're gay?" Tre asked.

"No."

"Billie's gay?"

"Don't get too excited," Billie laughed.

"I'm pregnant!" I announced, holding my stomach.

Martena cheered and the two guys spit out their coffee.

----------------- [THIRD PERSON POV - 3 MONTHS LATER] --------------------

Billie and Ayla had found a house and had finally moved in. There were still boxes everywhere but they had all of their furniture moved in as well as kitchen supplies but everything was moving pretty slowly due to Ayla's pregnancy.

Morning rose, Billie woke up with Ayla in his arms. She was still sleeping. He looked down at his pregnant wife and knew that she'd be waking up anytime now. The baby has been giving her a hard time between mood swings, morning sickness, and even more mood swings.

He tried to get up as carefully as he could without waking her up and he succeeded. Billie put on Oakland Raiders pajama pants and a black t-shirt before going downstairs to make breakfast. He was pouring himself some orange juice when he felt someone from behind.

"Hey, sweetie. Sleep good?" Ayla asked, putting her arms around him.

"No, I couldn't get back to sleep."

"I'm sorry to hear," she whispered. He continued with his breakfast. "Do you need any help getting back to sleep now?"

"Hmm..." Billie turned around. "If you're offering."

"You're lucky that pregnancy makes women ten times more horny, Armstrong."

Ayla turned off the toaster, grabbed Billie's hand, and lead him back upstairs.

------------------------------------

"Tre, you're making coffee," Martena said, yawning. "I can't drink that..."

"Shit, I'm sorry." He poured the coffee from the second cup back into the pot and sat the cup in the sink. "I'm so used to making you a cup."

"It's the thought that counts, love," she smiled.

--------------- [1 MONTH LATER - MARTENA AND AYLA'S BABY SHOWER] ---------------

"I'm glad we decided to do a joined shower!" Martena expressed excitedly. Ayla agreed.

More friends and family members showed up at Tre and Martena's home since Billie and Ayla's was still in the works. The girls were starting to show now and they were worried that they'd have to buy a whole new wardrobe of clothes. Billie and Tre just rolled their eyes, sitting in the corner of the room to try and stay out of the way of all the women walking around the house.

"I never thought I'd see so many women this excited over babies," Tre whispered.

"You're telling me..." Billie sighed. "I didn't think I'd have to do this for another few years."

Tre nodded his head in agreement, taking a drink of the blue kool-aid that he had spiked with vodka. Billie took a drink of his pink kool-aid, also having spiked it.

"Billie!" Ayla yelled from the kitchen. He sighed again and Tre laughed at him.

He went into the kitchen and saw that Ayla needed help getting all of the plates and silverware together for the cake. They had ordered a larger cake since it was technically two baby showers in one. Billie stood next to her and they laughed about how they couldn't wait until the night was over. Ayla looked at him and sniffed.

"Is that your breath I smell?" She asked, raising one eyebrow. He stared at her and took another sip while maintaining eye contact. "At your wife's baby shower? Really?"

"Tre did it first!"

She rolled her eyes. "Just help me, Beej, please."

He quickly drank what was left in the cup and helped his wife take everything out into the living room. Martena had stepped aside to go get sick in the bathroom.

A few hours later of talking, eating, laughing, and playing baby shower games- everyone eventually went home and the two couples cuddled on the couch with a huge mess of paper plates and trash all around them.

Martena and Ayla had both gotten gifts for each other but mainly got the same thing from everyone else. A shit load of diapers, onesies, bottles, pacifiers, etc.

"This was a great day," Martena whispered. "Don't you think?" She looked up at Tre who was only tipsy. Martena had caught him with the spiked kool-aid and practically ripped him a new one for drinking at his girlfriend's baby shower. Billie, on the other hand, was a little more tipsy than Tre.

Ayla stood up and started to clean the mess all around them, putting wrapping paper and cardboard in a trash bag.

"Don't worry about cleaning up, A," Martena yawned. "I'm not cleaning until tomorrow. I'm exhausted."

"Are you sure? I mean, this was my party too..."

"I'm positive. I need to get to bed anyway."

Billie and Ayla went home quickly, getting into bed and falling fast asleep.

--------------- [AYLA'S POV] ---------------

I woke up and saw that Billie still had his arm underneath me and his other arm was hanging off the bed. It was about 5:00AM and I felt a stabbing pain in my stomach. Wincing, I grabbed my stomach and rolled over to my left side. That usually helped with stomach pain. When I rolled over, I could tell that something wasn't right. Sitting up and turning the nightstand light on, I noticed that I was laying in a small pool of blood. My heart began to race and hands shaking, I tried to call for Billie but couldn't get anything out louder than a whisper.

"Billie..." I reached over and touched his chest. "Billie!"

"What?" He asked, rolling over to look at me. He rubbed his eyes and yawned. "What's going on?"

"I'm... I'm..." I couldn't stop shaking. He sat up and pulled the covers off of us, seeing what was going on. I looked at him with fear and my eyes began to water.

"I'm taking you to the hospital," he said and jumped out of the bed to put on his Raiders pajama pants and his shirt that he had been wearing the night before. Billie quickly lifted me out of bed and had me put on shorts since I was only in underwear.

We sped to the hospital and I was having to sit on about five towels, holding my stomach in pain.

"I don't know why this is happening!" I cried. My husband put his hand on my left thigh, giving it a slight squeeze.

--------------- [MIKE'S POV] ---------------

I woke up around 6:30AM to my phone ringing. I reached out onto the bedside table, searching for my phone. I looked at the number and saw that it was Billie calling. He was never up this late so I was immediately concerned. Answering the phone, I didn't even get to ask what was going on before I heard him frantically telling me that he was at the hospital with Ayla and that he didn't know how she was doing and that she woke up in a pool of blood.

"I'll be right there!" I said and hung up the phone.

--------------- [AYLA'S POV] ---------------

All I wanted to do was to be back home, in bed, with my husband where I felt no pain and could grieve over the loss of my baby. They weren't allowing him back into the rooms yet and I was starting to get super anxious. My nurse had come in several times to check my blood pressure, how I was doing, and taking my heart rate.

"Please... Can I please just see my husband now?"

"Of course, I'm so sorry," she replied and gave my hand a slight squeeze.

Not even five minutes later, I heard someone running down the hall and saw that Billie had passed my room only to turn around and come back. He was breathing heavy and he looked absolutely exhausted. I began crying as soon as I saw him and he wrapped me in his arms, not saying a word.

"They still don't know why..." I sobbed.

Billie rubbed my back with one hand and held the back of my head with another, leaning me back into the bed so that he could hold onto me better. I grabbed at his shirt and sobbed more into his shoulder.

--------------- [MIKE'S POV] ---------------

Tre and Martena had finally arrived just after Billie went sprinting down the hallway to get to his wife. Martena ran up to me and immediately started asking questions, none of which I knew the answers to.

About another hour when by and Billie finally emerged from the two doors and into the waiting room. He had red, puffy eyes and kept running his hands through his messy hair. My best friend sat next to me and sighed, leaning his head on my shoulder.

"I know I said I wasn't supposed to do this for another few years but I didn't want to lose the baby," he said, holding back tears. "I didn't want to see my wife go through this."

Martena and Tre came up to Billie, giving him their condolences and not knowing what to do other than be there for him.

--------------- [AYLA'S POV] ---------------

My husband and I didn't get home until around 8:00AM and Billie had already cancelled any and all friend or band related plans that he had. He didn't give anyone an explanation why who didn't need to know and immediately took the stained sheets off the bed when we entered our room, replacing them with some spares that we kept in the closet.

I laid on my side of the bed after changing my clothes, not wanting to be reminded anymore of the events from this morning. I could feel that my eyes were swollen from crying and my 'lady area' was hurting from the surgery. Billie was super gentle with everything he did for me, including getting into bed. I immediately took his arm and put it around me, scooting my backside into him. He pressed into me and I felt his lips on the back of my head.

"Please, tell me anything that you'd like me to do for you and I'll do it," he whispered. "I'm not leaving your side."

I nodded my head and held onto his hand tighter; I could feel myself falling asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
xoxo- Adie.