Stake It to the Limit

You know what to do

Jason stood in the line, tapping his foot impatiently. ( how hard was it to make a smoothie) he thought. He glanced at his watch, Great almost dark. He hated walking home at night. Things happened in this town, that he analyzed way to much. People went missing, or showed up dead, and it all got a little better after this town called Sunnydale, got wiped off the map, but now in his small little world he called L.A.. Things started picking back up again, and at a very fast rate.

He rounded the corner of Market Street to the back alley of his apartment. The darkened path, making no attempt to calm his nerves. His pace quickened, as he heard the footsteps behind him. He saw his apartment now, he grabbed his keys, and his pace once again picked up speed. He was almost there

Then he heard the snarl.

~~~~~

He hit the ground hard, but not alone. He felt this, this thing on him, prying at his neck. What, what was it? He looked up and saw a man and woman approaching him.

“Do it Sal” the woman said. “But make sure you save me a bit.” and with that her face deformed, contorted. Her eyes changing to a smoldering yellow, and her teeth grew sharp…almost vampiric

Wait…that’s what these where…Vampires.

He drew a fist with his right arm and extended it up, catching the one at his neck in the face, the vampire snarled and hissed, as the woman rushed to his side. Her speed was unbelievable. He knew he couldn’t fight them all off, but he was sure gonna try.

She ran toward him growling. He got within reach and Jason, struck her, with a side kick. The woman went backwards while the other vampire just stood their watching. The previous male vampire regained his stance, and Jason threw a spinning back punch, sending the vampire spiraling towards a dumpster. He didn’t know what was going on. He had never been in a fight before in his life, but somehow he knew how to hit, where to hit. And he had strength, strength that seemed to flow through him like blood, like it was in his blood, in his soul. And he loved it.

He glanced back to the male vampire whom was still standing, right as the female did a spin kick of the ground and cocked him in the jaw. He flew back and braced himself for the fall on his back, then he straightened up, throwing his torso backwards and performing a back flip landing on his feet, his fist drawn.

“What the hell! This kid can’t be a slayer…he’s not a chick.” the female hissed.

“Actually…He is.” said a voice coming from behind Jason. “ A slayer anyway.” Jason turned toward the man, only to see a dark silhouette of a middle-aged man, holding something.. “ Here, you will know what to do” he threw what he was holding “ And he isn’t a chick, by the way.”

Jason grabbed it… “Is this a…Stake?” the woman snarled, running at him, again with the same unbelievable speed. He did know what to do, he just didn’t know how he knew. The woman threw several feral punches, just barely giving Jason time to dodge, but he did. He kicked, aiming for her ribs, she hunched over, as she stood hunched, Jason glanced at the man still observing, then back at the other male vampire he too stood watching. The woman still hunched looked up at Jason.

“ I am going to drain you dry” she hissed

And with that Jason punched, sending her soaring through the sky with a uppercut. He bolted after her as she did a back flip to maintain her stance. He jumped onto the dumpster using it as a spring board, and jumped to the female, bringing the stake to her heart as he landed. He jammed it deeper into her watching her eyes grow in size. She hissed before imploding into a cloud of dust. The other two vampires glanced at each other, and turned to run. Jason focused on the one that had grabbed him, focusing his energy into the stake. He threw it, watching as it soared through the air to its mark…the heart, again nothing more then dust.