Stake It to the Limit

Confessions of a Teenage Vampire Slayer

The empty graveyard chirped and chimed, as the crickets took it upon themselves to add music to the night. Alex looking woozy from the bite, and Drake staring at him like it was his next meal. Rach saw the looks and taunted.

“Drake, don't make me dust you also.” She said it calmly. It brought Jason out of his daze.

“Yeah! Exactly how did you do that, Rach?” Jason and Alex asked in unison.

She inhaled before speaking. “I was also taking magic training while out with the coven of witches in Athens Ohio. The energy is great there, because they are stationed on a Nexus of spiritual energy. I took a great coming on to with magic and picked up a few things.” She said, shrugging it off.
“Now what about you?!” asked Rachael and Alex asked in unison aimed towards Jason.
“I am a vampire slayer. I am the only boy in all the world now destined to fight the forces of evil. I am trained to kill vampires, demons, and evil beings from any hell dimension.” Alex huffed. Aiming at his glance at Drake. Jason knew what it meant.
“He helped me find you. He has a soul. He is a tame vampire mostly.” giving Drake a questionable glance.
“I am not a damn dog. I am a vampire with a soul. I just happened to help you.” Drake barked, his face still vamped up and ready to go.
“Um, Drake is it? You wouldn't mind taking off your game face because with my current condition I am not keen on having a vamp standing ten feet away from me.” Alex asked holding his neck tight, the blood swirling around his fingers. Drake huffed, and in an instant Drake's face was normal, human.
“Wait, I read about the slayer when I was with the coven. Isn't it supposed to be a girl?” Rachael asked. Her hands still ready to blast Drake with light at any inch of a movement.
“Yes they are. Buffy Summers was the 'true slayer' she and her witch friend Willow Rosenberg used a spell to extract the energy out of this....scythe that only slayers can use, so that any girl in the world that could be a slayer, will be a slayer. So there still are female slayers. But the natural line is flipped leaving it to me to be the 'true slayer' along with Buffy and Faith. Two girls, one boy.”
“So you now have to fight these demons, vampires, and...”
“Zombies.” Drake added. Alex choked out a laugh.
“I like him, he is blunt.”
The stillness of the night did nothing but sooth them, even though they had just fought vampires, the gang felt at ease in the night.
“Yes, Rachael. I do. And I don't want you our Alex having any part of it.”
“So what, you expect us to just sit around on a Saturday night and go. Humph, wonder what Jason is fighting now. Oh, what do you think it is Rachael. I don't know Alex. Forget it Jazz. We will stay by you all the way. Through demons and vampires, till the zombies kill us do we part.”
“I agree with Alex. I am a pretty good witch. You might could use me. Oh, if your a slayer than you have to have a watcher. Who is it.”
“His name is Giles.” Jason spoke. Rachael's eyes popped open.
“Rupert Giles?” She asked.
“Yeah. How did you?”
“I learned about him in the coven. He is a really powerful sorcerer. He went. . . Oh, I know who your talking about now. Willow Rosenberg was at the coven. She went all dark magic and Giles brought her down a peg or too. She is nice...and gay.”
“Yep, from what I know that sounds like her. Anyway. We will talk about this more tomorrow. Until then can you guys not go to a graveyard alone?”
“Scouts honor.” Alex and Rachael said in unison. Jason looked at Drake.
“You too.”
“But I am dead.”
“I might need you again.” Drake smiled.
“And I might need you.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry, I have been working on other stories. I shall try to give this slightly more attention. Comments= updates.