Being a Father Is Not the Same as Being a Rockstar

Life can be tough

Today was a Saturday, and I had to wake up at 6:30 in the morning to go to the studio; to finish recording our new album, now coming out in 2007. Right now Joey is graduating from middle school, and Jakob is graduating from elementary school. Man, am I caught in the middle! And both of them are in the same week! I am so bushed and Addie is gettin' lazier everyday! She doesn't feel like doing anything, and we always argue about this situation everyday. The reason she's like this, is cause when she sees there's too much stuff going on, she gets stressed and doesn't wanna do anything. Me being the helpful and generous of a husband that I am, I try to handle it all, but believe me, I ain't no superman! I can't do everything at once, but at least I try! Addie in the other hand, stays in the Adeline Records 'till late, and doesn't bother to do anything in the house, cause she's 'tired' and all. I always tell her to get off her ass and do something, and she says, "Just give me five and I'm up." I always sigh and start doing my chores. Once I'm done, I take Joey and Jake to their soccer practice (thank god they're in the same sport!) then head home to rest and finish writing a song.

I always go to sleep at 12:20, trying to put away some equipment for tour and try to get some songs in the record. I am such a busy person, that I don't even have time to have a fucking panick attack! Even my friends notice and say that I need to slow down a little bit more, and (at least) try to take a long ass vacation away from work, but I just shrugg it off and continue with what I'm doing. Anyways, back to the begining: I drifted my eyes open to the annoying sound of my alarm clock, sighed, and got up from bed slowly, trying not to wake up 80. Then, I headed to the bathroom and took a nice, warm shower, and pictured that I was in a really nice spa and that 80 was giving me a back massage in a sexy, pink, bathing suit (can you say gorgeous in pink!). I stopped day-dreaming and got off the shower, dried up, and brushed my teeth. I slipped on a black t-shirt, some jeans I found on the floor, my regular black converse, and a John Deer hat to cover up my messy hair. I just realized I'm doing my old ways of gettin' ready, well anyways, at least I remembered to shave, so I won't look like some drunk guy trying to get in an empty studio...wait...that sounds familiar.

I headed to the kitchen, grabbed a redbull from the fridge, got my keys from the counter, and drove off to the studio. As I arrived there, Mike and Tre were waiting there, drinking some coffee from Starbucks, and chatting with the rest of the crew. I went in and said, "Guys, I'm here! Let's get to work!"

Mike said, "Damn Bill! Slow down and have a coffee."

I replied, all piped up on the redbull I just had, "Sorry Mikey, I just had a Redbull, but thanks anyways your Mikeness."

He replied, worringly, "I can see that, I guess I gotta drink this baby up."

I replied, "Help yourself, that's funny I just said help yourself, let's get to work peoples!"

Everybody sighed, getting up from their comfy spots, and Tre told Mike, "We gotta stop buying Bill all that redbull."

Mike replied, "Good idea."