Being a Father Is Not the Same as Being a Rockstar

Turning things around

It was morining and I realized that the side of our bed was empty. I sighed and looked at the clock on the side table, it read 11:30, Adie must've gotten up early. I slowly got up from bed, very glad I actually had nothing to do today, and headed downstairs.

Once I reached the kitchen, Adie was there, sitting on a stool on the island, drinking a cup of coffee. I, all of a sudden, said scaring her shitless, "That coffee looks good, darling," she whipped around quickly, and sighed in realief to see only her husband there. Then, she frowned and went back to her coffee, she must've remembered our big ass arguement last night. I frowned as well, remembering all the things I said to her, and took a sit next to her.

I finally managed to say, "80, do you wanna talk about this?" knowing what I said before, about not wanting to.

She replied, "No, I thought you said,'There's nothing to talk about'."

I replied getting annoyed already, "Look Addie, I told you before that I'm sorry for yelling at you that way that other day and I reaaally mean it."

She replied, "Well, Billie, I'm still really hurt and I don't think that what you said was true, because I'm a good mother to this kids and I've always been there. You're always acting like I don't care about them (when I really do) and I've never done anything that bad to disapoint you. It's not like I walked out on all of you, or that I get drunk everyday."

I replied getting to the point, "Adie, you're right, but most of the things that I said that other day were officially true, and you're not officially aware of that. You keep acting like you do nothing wrong, when you usually do, and you don't see it, but everyone else sees it, even the kids."

She replied starting to argue, "Billie! I don't believe you!"

I snapped back, "Adie! Who else is there to believe?! Our own kids are noticing that you don't do ANYTHING to feed them! That is sooo sad Adie! Sooo sad!" "Well, Billie, I'm sorry, ok! I'm so soooorry!" "You don't even mean that Adie! You don't even know what's going on around here! You're like a freaking 4 year old that is scared to try new things! You know, the truth is that you're sooo scared to admit your mistakes!"

With that sentence well said, she stood there, without saying another word. After the long silence, she left upstairs, leaving me by myself filled with doubt. I sat down on the living room couch, with my head on my hands, starting to get worried about Addie. I don't know what to do anymore, after all this time, I finally figured out 80's big emotionial problem. She like keeps having so many personal problems, that she's afraid to admit them to everybody, when they keep pouring out and everyone notices. Then, she keeps acting like she has it bad, but trust me, I HAD it bad! Her dad didn't die, she wasn't stuck in her garage or on Christie Road doing dtugs, she didn't sell joints at her high school for $2! Trust me, she hasn't gone through all the bad times I'VE gone through in my childhood and teenage years!

The one and only good thing that has ever happened to me was music, but mostly my own family. I've always wanted to tell her that, but she just keeps avoiding everyone and hereself, that we don't even talk the way we used to, she already knows, and we're not the same person anymore. It's like every since she started acting that way, the whole world changed for everybody. I just want to talk to her sooo bad, that you can't even imagine. I just want her to pour out her feelings to me, that she can feel comfortable with me again.

Believe me, I don't want to give up on her and I just wish that the real Addie would come back to me again. I headed upstairs to our room, and found her there, just laying flatly on our bed, starring at the ceiling. Once I came inside and closed the door, she rolled over on her side, once again, avoiding me. I started to tell her, "Adie, baby, why can't you just talk to me?"

She replied not looking back, "Because, I have nothing to say to you."

I sat down on the other side of the bed and said jockingly, "I know you want to say something Adie, I know what you're thinking."

She laughed a little bit and rolled around, now facing me. She started to say, "Look Billie, I'm sorry haven't been myself these days, and you were absolute ly right about everything. I mean, I've always had a problem like this and this is the kind of time I have it. I'm sorry for admiting my problems, instead of talking them out with you. Trust me, the old Addie is back."

I replied, "I'm sorry for yellig at you that way, when I could just talk to you, and I don't wanna get a divorce, I don't want to give up on you."

"That's really sweet baby, really?"

"Really, really." She laughed a little bit and I told her once again, "I missed you. I actually missed every single day we had without arguing about everything, and when we were the same person."

She nodded and said, "Me too. All I've been doing was avoiding you and the kids, when I could've spent time with ya'll, and your chores are cut short."

"Really! Oh my god are you serious!"

"Yes, white girl."

I laughed rolling my eyes and said, "If I'm a white girl, then you're considered a redneck."

Her jaw dropped slightly and slapped me on the back of my head. I acted like it hurted alot and did the scene of 'Just Married', "Son of a beatch! My skull is on fire!" Addie laughed hystericlly and I got up from the floor, after I finished the scene.

I hoped back on the bed and we continued joking about our insecurities. She told me,"Babe, why can't you ever fix those overbites, you're giving the kids bad smiles."

My jaw dropped like her's and said, "Maybe because you already gave them the fat lady genes."

Her jaw dropped once again and said, "Maybe because you already gave them the crackhead behavior AND genes."

My jaw dropped and started to spank her, saying, "You've been a bad girl, bad, bad, bad, girl."

She started laughing and screaming everytime I spanked her booty and managed to make me stop, by holding my hand in mid-air.

I said sadly, "Why did you make me stop? I was just having fun."

She smiled eveily and said, "Maybe because it hurted and your little fun is over."
I pulled out the sad eyes to her and she jockingly told me, "Bill, stop that already, you're looking like the Precious Moments doggies."

I replied, "What if I do? Whatcha gonna do about it lady?"

She said evilly, "Maybe SPANK you harder, cuz trust me I can spank better than you."

I replied, "I know! That hurts my booty! I had to get a restraining order!"

"I know, that's why I warned you."

"Oh, I see, you're playing little Miss Smarty Pants with me."

"I know, you're so dumb Billie! Go back to school!"

From then on, we kept bugging each other, talking out things, no more arguements, and we are all a big happy family. I'm glad this all worked out! My advice to you all lovebirds out there, if you have a problem with your soulmate, talk it out, because it always helps, try not avoid eachother, and stay together for the kids....AND for your own sakes! Bye guys and good morning, good afternoon, and good night!