‹ Prequel: Super Avenged

Super Avenged: Only Human

Honeymoon

I realized how much I had underestimated the phrase “jelly legs” when I attempted to walk the morning after...ahem...Honeymoon Night. I won’t go into details about what happened on Honeymoon Night, but I can tell you that it was fabulous. And that’s all I’m going to say, because none of you really want to hear the details, because I get very detailed when describing things. I’m an artist; it’s sort of my job to accentuate every little detail. I’ll just leave it at that.

I wobbled over to my suitcase and began digging around for a pair of shorts and a tank top. I felt so revealed wearing just my bra and underwear, but Jimmy was still asleep so I wasn’t too worried. I finally found a pair of tan shorts and a butter yellow tank top and straightened up from my suitcase. I looked around at Jimmy. He was still lying on the bed, asleep. I really didn’t want him to wake up until I was fully dressed because if I didn’t have many clothes on, it wouldn’t be much trouble to take them off which generally leads to one thing...

...But I’ve said too much already. I walked into the bathroom adjoining the bedroom and closed the door behind me. I stripped what little clothes I did have on off and stepped beneath the lukewarm water pouring from the showerhead. I closed my eyes and let the water streak over my skin.

Jimmy and mine’s wedding was remarkable, it really was. I had four choice bridesmaids, including Monica the up-and-coming fashion designer. Jimmy’s groomsmen were the other members of Super Avenged—Matt, Johnny, Zacky, and Brian. I almost didn’t let Brian be in the wedding because he and I never really hit it off too well...But that’s another story. Anyway, I let Brian be in the wedding because I knew Jimmy really wanted him to be a groomsman.

Monica made my wedding dress. It was absolutely gorgeous. It was this poofy, silky getup with spaghetti straps and a corset built right in. The dress was made of pearly white silk with a little hoop attached beneath the skirt so that it radiated outward from my hips. The hoop was removable so that I could remove it for the reception. It was really simple but extremely gorgeous at the same time. Fake pearls lined the hem and bodice, and my veil was made of white lace. I’m pretty sure Jimmy loved it, even though he liked it better lying abandoned on the floor.

Wow, Honeymoon Night really made me perverted, didn’t it?

The reception was amazingly fun. Everyone got drunk and had a great time dancing and stuff. Jimmy shoved the cake into my face when I didn’t. I calmly fed him his piece of cake without doing anything mean, but he took the responsibility of smearing my piece all over my face. I could hear Monica complaining loudly about the hours she spent on my makeup wasted in a few seconds.

I sighed and opened my eyes. Jimmy and I were married. We were bonded together in ways that I’d never really imagined. It was scary, but at the same time enthralling and thrilling.

You see, I used to have this humongous grudge against all men in general. I thought they were all penises with brains because of this one ex-boyfriend I had named Brendan. He was a real jerk, and I ended up hating his guts and all other men’s guts as well. That is, until I met Jimmy when a robot attacked me. The robot was sent by my father to kidnap me so he could create a robot that used a human brain to control its movements and thought process. He didn’t succeed, however, so everything is fine and dandy.

But back to Jimmy and I. Well, him and Super Avenged—a quintet of superheroes—saved me from the giant robot. Jimmy insisted on walking me home, and I really didn’t want him to, but he did anyway. I hated him like I hated all other men. Skip forward a bit, and you find me taking him back to my apartment when I find him drunk outside of a bar. The following morning, I told him about the Brendan thing, and then our relationship went uphill from there. It hit a few bumps, but that’s not what’s important.

I clambered out of the shower and wrapped a towel around myself. I combed out my dark chestnut hair and dressed in my clothes. I snuck back into the bedroom to put my clothes into the suitcase, trying not to wake Jimmy up. But as I crouched down to put my clothes into the suitcase, an arm wrapped around my waist, pulled me up into the air, and dragged me back onto the bed.

“You sneaky fox, you,” Jimmy mumbled groggily. He had one eye halfway opened and suffered from the most adorable case of bed head. His arm pulled me closer to his body and he pressed his face against my warm neck. Jimmy has the power to stretch his body, much like Mr. Fantastic from the Fantastic Four, but Jimmy’s much cooler and less geeky than that guy. And he’s really strong, too, which is how he can easily lift me off of the ground. But, also, I’m five feet four inches, and he’s six feet four inches, so that could be the reason too. But he’s pretty strong anyway.

He’s not as strong as Johnny Christ, though. Johnny Christ is the super strong guy in Super Avenged. Honestly, every superhero group has to have one of those. M. Shadows has a sonic scream that creates a sonic boom. His scream is actually rather melodic, and if he wasn’t a superhero, I bet he could be the lead singer of a band. Synyster Gates is really, super fast. Every superhero group has to have one of those, too. Synyster Gates is the Brian that I don’t get along with much. He used to always smack my ass, and it pissed me off so much. That is, until I went off on him. He hasn’t done it since. And Zacky Vengeance, along with being the tech guy of the group, has the power of telekinesis and telepathy, which means he can control things with his mind and also read other people’s minds.

“Isn’t it just wonderful?” I asked Jimmy.

“What is? That we’re finally married and on our honeymoon, or the whole de-virgin-izing session last night?” Jimmy replied. His lips brushed against my neck as he spoke. I giggled.

“Oh, well, everything, really,” I answered.

“I just knew it,” Jimmy replied. I smiled and tried to sit up, but Jimmy’s arm tightened around my waist and tugged me back down beside him. I sighed and snuggled up against him, resting my head on his chest.

“You know,” Jimmy said a few moments later. “If you weren’t fully clothed and all showered up, we’d probably be well into round two right now.”

I laughed and nodded. See what I’ll have to put up with for the rest of my life? And the worst thing: I’ll love every second of it.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know what you're all thinking.

You're all thinking, "Oh, God, here comes another sequel that I'll get interested in, and then that stupid sequel-writing hater Audrey will come along and bomb this sequel and delete it and I'll be left with an empty space on my Subscriptions List. How will I fill that space again, hm?" And I perfectly understand your predicament. But I have a great feeling about this sequel, I really do.

Please, have confidence in me. If you don't, then I won't either. =}