‹ Prequel: Super Avenged

Super Avenged: Only Human

Home Again

The instant the elevator doors closed, I sagged against the side of the elevator. I should be relaxing in bed right now, letting my sore muscles get a little break, but instead I was lugging around my suitcase and duffel bag full of beauty supplies and shit like that. My pain did not go without reward, however: Jimmy and I were moving back into our apartment. I would’ve climbed several flights of stairs with a broken leg if it meant moving back home. So this was nothing, nothing at all.

At least, that’s what I tried to tell myself.

“Are you sure you can handle it?” Jimmy asked, obviously concerned about my ability to even walk without pain sparking everywhere across my body like a heavily pierced person being struck by lightning.

“Yeah, yeah, I’m good,” I answered through gritted teeth. I tried not to let my pain show for Jimmy’s sake, but I’d always been such a horrible actress. Used to, I was still able to hide my emotions from the world, but now that I married Jimmy, I’ve turned into quite the open book. Maybe it was because he made me realize I no longer had anything to hide. But, that’s another story.

“Miya, I think you are far from ‘good’,” Jimmy told me, his eyebrows furrowing low over his eyes. But around that time, the elevator doors slid open. I instantly straightened up and hurried out of the elevator before Jimmy could object. I heard him sigh behind me as I dropped my stuff and began to dig in my pockets for my keys.

“Where the hell are they?” I muttered to myself, searching everywhere. I knew I had them somewhere.

“Looking for these?” Jimmy asked. I looked around at him to find him holding my keys out, shaking them slightly. I grinned and snatched them out of his hand. I found my apartment key and slipped it into the keyhole on the doorknob. I twisted and pushed open the apartment door, it’s familiar smell of lemons and peppermints washing over me.

“Alright. C’mon, Miya,” Jimmy said suddenly. He swept me right off my feet and walked into our bedroom. He dumped me onto the bed and gave me a stern look. “You need rest. I’ll unpack, and you just lie there and be a lazy bum.”

“Jimmy, I—” I began as Jimmy started to walk away. He whirled back around and pushed me back down onto the bed.

“I mean it, Miya,” he remarked, raising his eyebrows in a serious expression.

“Okay,” I grumbled, crossing my arms. Jimmy smiled and pressed a kiss to my forehead before disappearing into the living room to haul our stuff in.

((*****))

“Miya, what are you doing?” Jimmy asked, sounding dismayed. I didn’t look around at him as I answered.

“Cleaning,” I answered simply. “The whole apartment is covered in a layer of dust. I took it upon myself to clean it up.”

“But I told you to stay in bed today,” Jimmy replied, stepping up behind me. I could sense him standing only inches away from me as I stood cleaning the dust off of the television.

“But it’s boring in there,” I retorted, turning around with my Pledge in one hand and a cloth in the other. Jimmy was indeed standing only inches away from me, and our chests were nearly touching. He folded his arms over his chest, raising his dark eyebrows at me. It was another stern fatherly look that made you think you were doing something wrong.

I shrunk at the look Jimmy gave me. I felt like a teenager caught after curfew. I quickly side-stepped around Jimmy and headed over to the coffee table, spraying it down with the Pledge before swiping the cloth across it. I wouldn’t let myself be persuaded by Jimmy’s stern fatherly approach to the situation.

“Don’t you want a nice, clean apartment?” I continued, not looking up from the coffee table. I continued to wipe it, even though the dust was already long gone from its surface. Jimmy walked over and stood in front of the coffee table. I could see his legs in my peripheral vision, and I quickly stood up again and began to clean the end table next to the couch.

“Miya.”

I ignored Jimmy. I still felt like a teenager caught doing something wrong. But I knew that Jimmy was only concerned about me, so I wasn’t mad at him. He was just being a responsible, caring husband.

“Miya.”

I turned, still refusing to look at Jimmy, and headed towards the kitchen. I needed to mop the linoleum in the kitchen anyway. At least, I might be able to if Jimmy didn’t interfere.

“Miya, baby.”

God damn that man! He switched over to the soft, persuasive voice once he realized the stern fatherly approach wasn’t doing any good. I froze practically mid-step, clenching my eyes shut and hating how this man could persuade me so easily. But, you know, I also kind of liked it. If he made his voice a little husky or lust-filled, that soft persuasive voice could be actually very seductive.

“Baby, you should just relax today. You had a rough day yesterday and I think you need your rest.”

Jimmy walked up behind me and gently took the Pledge and cloth out of my fingers. I kept my eyes shut and didn’t begin to walk back towards the bedroom.

“My thinking was that I needed to stretch my muscles. They’re just stiff and tight, that’s all. Some moving around would loosen them up and make them feel better,” I said defensively. Jimmy didn’t respond to that right away. But after a minute or so, he leaned over until his lips were brushing against my ear.

“You want to move around a bit? I can think of one way that’ll loosen those muscles of yours,” Jimmy breathed. And there we go, ladies and gentlemen: Jimmy has turned that soft, persuasive voice into a seduction that I find myself unable to resist.

I snapped my eyes open and smirked around at Jimmy. He smirked back before turning around and putting the Pledge and cloth down on the end table.

“My tongue is about to rape your tongue in five seconds,” Jimmy warned me, walking back towards me. I had barely enough time to giggle before he meshed his lips against mine, slipping his tongue past the seam of my lips. We made our way towards the bedroom, hardly breaking our kiss and already throwing clothes off.

Well, at least we found a way for us both to be satisfied: Jimmy found a way to keep me in bed; and it definitely wasn’t boring for either of us.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah...

They had to celebrate returning home some way, right?

Comment!