‹ Prequel: Super Avenged

Super Avenged: Only Human

Filling The Guys In

“Love ya, baby,” Miya concluded, blowing a kiss at the camera before the screen blacked out again. With a sigh, I shoved myself to my feet and walked over to the DVD player. I grabbed the DVD carefully from it, pushed it back into its container, and slid the container back into the envelope. Then I dropped it onto the coffee table and began to pace to relieve some of the anger and anxiety I always felt after watching those Hell videos.

It was a few days after I’d received the first video, and I had received another one. This one had been worse than the first one. Miya was standing this time, but still had the blindfold on and her hands bound behind her back. Jerk 1 shoved one of those tazers that any citizen can buy into her side and turned it on. Miya’s body jerked before collapsing, and they all seemed to get some sick joy from that. I officially decided that I would rip their limbs off first before ripping their heads off.

I’d taken the first one to Detective Kinsey. They dusted everything for prints, but it was all completely clean except for my fingerprints. Detective Kinsey told me there weren’t any clues as to where she could be or who these men were in the videos, even though they recognized one as David Carson, the first man that attacked Miya. Detective Kinsey didn’t need to tell me that didn’t help any. He told me to give him anymore videos that were sent to me as well, saying it was much needed evidence. I agreed to give it to him, knowing it could help with the investigation.

I turned and slammed my fist into the wall, leaving a deep dent in the drywall. Miya wouldn’t be happy about that when she got back home, but right then I didn’t really care. Why did this have to happen to me? All I wanted was to be happy with my wife, but no, every fucking asshole on the planet wanted to prevent that from happening.

My cell phone vibrated in my back pocket. I pulled it out and put it to my ear.

“Yeah?”

“Jimmy, I haven’t heard from you in days. I was getting a little worried.” It was Matt.

“I’ve been preoccupied,” I answered truthfully.

“Well, that’s a given. Did Detective Kinsey get any leads? Has anything new come up?” Matt asked.

“There haven’t been any leads, no. But...there’s something else,” I said, deciding that it would be best just to tell Matt.

“Okay. Come out to the house. I’m sure the rest of the guys will want to hear this too,” Matt replied.

“Yeah. I’ll be there in thirty minutes. I have to stop by the police department first.”

“Right. We’ll be waiting.” Matt hung up. I closed my cell phone and grabbed the envelope from the coffee table before heading out the door.

((*****))

“So, there’s been a new development in the case,” Matt began, leaning his elbows on the table. He looked around at the others. “I thought the rest of you might want to hear about it, too.”

“What kind of development?” Zacky asked, even though he probably already knew. He tends to read people’s minds rather than just wait like a normal person. Sometimes, it was annoying, but other times, it really helped.

“A not good one,” I answered. I looked around at everyone. We sat at the dining table in the Super Avenged house. We never dined in it; mainly, we used it as a meeting place.

“Talk away,” Brian said, leaning back in his chair and crossing his arms over his chest.

“A few days ago, I got a brown envelope in the mail. It only had my address on it, but no return address. Inside, there was a DVD with a note telling me to watch the DVD. So, I watched it and it had the mastermind behind Miya’s kidnapping on there.” I proceeded to go into deeper detail about what happened on the DVD. I told them I received another video that day, but I didn’t tell them what happened on that one.

“The only reason I watched it was to see Miya at the end,” I said. “Detective Kinsey told me he didn’t find any prints on the envelope or DVD container or anything. Nothing in the video gave them any clues, either. I went and gave him the other DVD before I came here.”

“So, the only reason he’s doing this is to show the world that you’re human?” Brian asked once I finished.

“I guess so.”

“Well, that’s a dumb reason. Just look at Johnny. No way could that guy be immortal,” Brian said. Johnny glared around at Brian before looking back at me.

“It sounds like we must’ve done something to him in the past to make him think this way,” Johnny said thoughtfully. “Or, he’s just jealous.”

“It doesn’t matter why he’s doing it. All that matters is that he is actually doing it,” Zacky said.

“Zacky, can’t you track where Miya is by searching for her thoughts, and then find her kidnapper and see if he thinks about where she’s hidden?” Brian asked, looking at Zacky. Zacky shook his head.

“I need at least a general idea of where she could be, otherwise my tracking would jump around sporadically and we wouldn’t have any clue as to who or where my tracking had jumped. It would be essentially useless,” he explained.

“Damn it,” Matt grumbled. “I’m sorry, Jimmy, but it appears as though we still can’t help you.”

“It’s fine,” I answered, rising to my feet. “No one else can either. I’ll call you guys if anything else happens.” I turned and walked out of the dining room.
♠ ♠ ♠
I posted two chapters since I didn't post one yesterday. =}

And, also, I would like to warn you that there may be some tear-jerker chapters coming up sometime. How can there not be?

Comments?