‹ Prequel: Super Avenged

Super Avenged: Only Human

Any Time Is Sneaker-Throwing Time

I woke up before Jimmy, as per usual, the following morning. I rolled out from beneath the sheet and began to pull my clothes on from last night that I’d never gotten around to putting back on. I glanced over my shoulder at Jimmy, and he was still fast asleep with his back to me. I felt like throwing something at him, but I wasn’t sure what. I looked around the room for something reasonably hard, and my eyes fell upon one of my sneakers. Right beside them, there were a pair of high heels, but I didn’t want to critically injure my husband. I just wanted to hurt him a little bit.

Really, I should get this abusive anger thing of mine under control. But it’s too damn fun to give up right now.

The sneaker would have to do. I’d had a pretty good fastball back when I pitched on the softball team, so it would hurt pretty bad if I chucked a sneaker at his back that fast. I might take it down a few notches, but other than that, I would let my arm do the talking. I reached down and scooped the sneaker up in my hand. I tossed it up in the air, calculating how hard I would have to throw it to get the desired result. Finally coming to a solution, I turned, wound up the pitch, and let the sneaker fly.

The sole of the sneaker slammed right into the middle of Jimmy’s back. It fell onto the bed, and I caught a glimpse of a red shoe mark before Jimmy launched out of the bed, dragging the sheet with him. He held it around his waist as he whirled around, searching for an intruder. The half-awake, alarmed look on his face sent me into snorts of laughter. I was practically rolling around on the ground laughing; not literally, of course, but if I wanted to, I would’ve been. I looked at Jimmy, and he had begun to scowl upon realizing that I’d thrown the sneaker.

“Good morning,” I snorted, trying to regain my composure. Jimmy just scowled deeper before starting to search for his boxers. He finally found them and pulled them on before throwing the sheet back onto the bed.

“Bitch,” he muttered as he walked out of the bedroom.

“Skank!” I yelled back as I dragged my suitcase out of the closet. I began to throw my favorite clothes into it as I heard Jimmy start to make coffee.

It looked like we were both still pretty peeved from the previous night. And, surprisingly, that was just fine with me.

((*****))

It was a silent drive to the house of Super Avenged. The only time Jimmy and I spoke to each other that morning was for Jimmy to tell me that he’d called Matt. Matt said that he didn’t care if we stayed for a while, given the circumstances. I don’t think Jimmy told him about our little lover’s spat that we had. They would find out soon enough, however.

“The turn’s right here,” Jimmy grumbled as I came up to the trail leading back to the house.

“I know where the fucking turn is,” I snapped back, pushing on the brake and preparing to turn. “What do you think, that I have the memory of a goldfish?”

“Pretty much, yeah,” Jimmy answered scathingly.

“I hope the next villain really fucks you up,” I snarled, starting up the path towards the house. “And I’ll just let you suffer, too.”

“That’s fine with me,” Jimmy spat back. “Karma’s a bitch sometimes.”

“Asshole,” I muttered.

“Whore,” Jimmy retorted. I pulled around the circular driveway of the house and parked my Corvette. Jimmy and I both climbed out of the car, going back to silently ignoring the other spouse. I popped the trunk to grab my art supplies that I’d stored back there as Jimmy grabbed our suitcases. We slammed our respective doors at the exact same time, causing the car to rock.

“Don’t slam my fucking door!” I yelled at Jimmy.

“Look who’s talking!” Jimmy remarked. I glared at him and walked angrily towards the front door, my arms laden with art supplies. Matt opened the front door and I shoved rudely past him, honestly not caring whether his feelings got hurt or not. I began to search for something else to throw at Jimmy, except I would aim a little lower this time. But I might not hit him too hard there, because I wanted to have kids.

“First fight married, huh?” Zacky asked from the couch without looking around at me. He was fiddling with something technological in his lap. It looked like a belt buckle to me, but there were wires in it that were clearly visible. He was twisting them together and all sorts of tech-like stuff. Zacky didn’t need to ask what I was mad about; he could just read my mind and instantly know everything, even though he didn’t do it often. At least, that’s what he said. He’s probably hearing me think about this right now.

“Yeah,” I answered walking towards the hall leading towards the stairs.

“It’s a GPS system,” Zacky told me before I stepped out into the hallway. “I’m installing it into a belt buckle so that incase you do get kidnapped or anything, we’ll know where you are.”

“Oh, yay, now I’m going to be stalked. That’s just glorious,” I replied sarcastically. I stepped into the hall and walked towards the spiral staircase.

“I could carry those for you.”

I turned to see Johnny standing in a doorway leading off of the hallway. I nodded and handed him a few bags before leading the way up the spiral staircase.

“There’s a spare bedroom that you could use as an art studio,” Johnny announced as we stepped out of the spiral staircase. “It has a pretty view.” He walked down to the end of the hall and pushed a door open. It led into a bland-looking, completely empty room with humongous windows on the two walls facing outdoors. It was a beautiful view, just like Johnny said. This could work.

“I miss mine, though,” I sighed, setting my stuff down. I looked up at the bland ceiling and around at the empty walls. At least at home, it wasn’t so boring and lacking inspiration. But I could make it work anyway. The view made up for any blandness.

“I can understand that,” Johnny replied. “So, what exactly are you and Jimmy so pissed off about?”

“It’s both of our faults,” I began as I unfolded my easel and positioned it in front of the one of the windows. “Jimmy mentioned staying here for a while, but I didn’t like that idea much. I eventually made a snide comment at him, and he went all sarcastic on me. It just escalated from there, and this is where we are now. Johnny,” I turned to look around at Johnny, “if it looks like a villain is going to hurt him bad, just let it happen. I really wouldn’t mind seeing him suffer now. I threw a sneaker at him earlier. Next time, it might be a high heel.”

“You two will cool down,” Johnny told me. “He’ll start to appreciate you, and you’ll appreciate him again. It’ll work itself out.”

“I’ll still throw sneakers at him.”

“He probably deserves that much,” Johnny agreed with a smile. “He’s just too tall, I think.”

“Yes,” I replied. At least I had a fellow short person to understand my plight.

“Is that all you need?” Johnny asked, looking around at all my art supplies.

“Yeah,” I answered. “Jimmy brought our suitcases in.”

“Okay. I’ll leave you to get settled then,” Johnny replied.

“Thanks,” I told him. He nodded before walking out of the room.
♠ ♠ ♠
When Miya and Jimmy fight, they really mean it, don't they?

This'll sound mean, but it's so fun writing Jimmy's and Miya's interactions with each other when they're mad at each other. Mean, right?

Comments? Please?