‹ Prequel: Worth Waiting For

Somewhere Over the Rainbow

This story picks up with the family we left off with about four years in the future; the year 2015. Joseph and Melissa Jonas, ages 26 and 27 respectively, are the proud parents of 4 (almost 5) year old Alexandra Lauren Jonas. Known as Lexi to her family and friends (Ally-Baby to her father and her father only) she is a very bubbly and vivacious little girl. She has inherited her mother’s looks. However, she has the same warm eyes and lively smile as her father. Melissa continues to work as a photographer without traveling at Herrmann Publishing. Joe is an up and coming film director in L.A. his current project being a film with one of his favorite actors, Johnny Depp.

In 2013, Kevin and Lauren Jonas moved out of the shared household into one of their very own a few blocks away. In early 2015 they had their very first child, Brody James Jonas. Now a lively seven month old, Brody is starting to recognize his family and smiles wide. At age 28, Kevin is now a music producer at the very same Hollywood Records he and his brothers used to record for together. His biggest client? Nicholas Jonas. Lauren, age 27, still works for her uncle Christopher Herrmann at Herrmann Publishing.

In May 2014, Nick Jonas and Lana Mitchell became husband and wife. Now, both at the age of 23, they are hard working and loving newlyweds. Nick is a solo artist once again at Hollywood Records with big brother Kevin as his producer. Lana, after graduating college, received a permanent job at Herrmann Publishing as a new photographer. Nick absolutely adores his niece and he and Lana have decided they want children of their own. The two have been trying for about six months to get pregnant… with negative results. Fertility treatments are their next resort if they cannot do it on their own.

Frankie Jonas, now 15 years old, is a sophomore in high school. He loves his niece and nephew and can’t wait until he’s old enough to have his own children. He still lives at home with his parents Kevin Sr. and Denise. Known as Gran and Gramp to Lexi, they enjoy being grandparents as much as they enjoy being parents.

Clark and Marie Douglas, Grandma and Grandpa to Lexi, spend as much time with their grand-daughter, son-in-law, and daughter as they can in hopes of making up for those terrible years with Melissa. They strive to be the best grandparents ever since they made bad decisions as parents which they regret and wish they could do it over.

The Jonas men still keep in touch with their old band. A few of the members have gone on and married as well but have yet to start families. To Lexi, these four men and their wives are known as Uncle Greggy, Auntie Kristy, Uncle Johnny, Aunt Jodi, Uncle Jack, Auntie Beth, and Uncle Ryan. Of course, we can’t forget about Uncle Robbie, the big, loveable teddy-bear. Logan Danes left working with Melissa and Joe in 2013. He married Miss Annabelle Harrison, former maid of Clark and Marie. They still live in the area and occasionally visit the Jonas’.

Lauren’s Aunt April and Uncle Chris are still very involved in her life. They act as Brody’s other set of grandparents even if they are just the great-aunt and uncle. They spoil him almost as much as Kevin Sr. and Denise do.

The future’s out of focus, when you’re blinded by the light.

The eyes of a five year old are very precious. They hold many thoughts as well as many secrets. Now… let’s see what Lexi has in store.
  1. Wishes Really Do Come True
    Lexi's fifth birthday party comes with a special announcement
  2. I Want a White Christmas
    It's Christmas time in the Jonas household
  3. I'm Gong to Have a Baby...
    Lexi goes with Mel to the OB and finds out the sex of the baby
  4. Baby-sitting Brody
    To help Lexi prepare to have a baby in the house, Joe, Mel, and Lexi baby-sit Brody for a night.
  5. Hey, We're Gonna Be Alright
    There's a bit of panic in the Jonas household.
  6. Two Parties
    The Jonas' head to the hospital to celebrate Melissa's birthday and Mother's Day
  7. It's Not Supposed to Go Like That
    Melissa goes into labor.
  8. Media Coverage
    News on Melissa's passing has spread
  9. I Will Remember You
    Melissa's funeral
  10. Welcome Back
    Lexi and Joe return to their everday things
  11. Congratulations, You've Graduated
    Lexi graduates kindergarten
  12. The Last Time
    Joe has finished his movie and he takes Lexi to the premiere
  13. Finding Neverland
    Lexi asks a big question
  14. How Strong... Are You Now
    Joe, Lexi, Jake, and Lucky hit the road.
  15. The Jonas' in Stars Hollow
    Lexi starts at her new school; Joe promotes his business
  16. Meeting Luke
    Joe takes Lexi to meet Luke at the diner.
  17. These Days
    It's Lexi's sixth birthday
  18. Let's Talk Turkey
    Thanksgiving brings about a funny memory
  19. All I Want For Christmas
    Lexi makes a very special Christmas wish
  20. The Thirteenth Year
    The year 2024
  21. An Eventful Day
    Lexi graduates middle school
  22. Butterfly Fly Away
    Lexi turns 16
  23. Not Crying
    Lexi graduates high school
  24. The Collegiate Life
    Lexi prepares to go to college
  25. Nice Meeting You
    Lexi waits for Izzy in the cafe.
  26. Unto the Breach
    Lexi and Bryan's college graduation
  27. Letting Go
    Lexi and Bryan get married.
  28. The End of the Rainbow
    Epilogue