‹ Prequel: Worth Waiting For

Somewhere Over the Rainbow

Wishes Really Do Come True

November 4, 2015

Hi! My name is Alexandra Lauren Jonas and I am 5 years old today! It’s my birthday! Mommy told me to play in my room while she and Daddy get everything ready for my party. Everybody here calls me Lexi, except Daddy. He calls me Ally-Baby and Mommy rolls her eyes but still smiles.

I have lots of friends coming today! They're my school friends. Daddy says I go to little kid school and someday I'll go to big kid school like Uncle Frankie. He's coming to my party today with Gran and Gramp. Grandma and Grandpa are coming too. They live in a really big house and they have a lady who cooks and cleans and everything! It's like living in a castle. Grandpa even calls me his little princess.

I can't forget Uncle Nick and Auntie Lana! They got married last year and I was the flower girl. I got to wear a pretty dress and dance with Uncle Nick. Uncle Kevin and Aunt Lauren are coming too and they're bringing Brody. He's almost a year old now. Maybe Mommy will let me hold him now that I'm five.

“Hi sweetheart,” Mommy said, walking into my room with a bag. I smiled at her. “Are you ready to get dressed for your party?”

“Yes! Yes! Yes!” I shouted, jumping up and down on my bed.

“Hey. No monkeys jumping on beds!” Daddy said as he walked by and Mommy started helping me get dressed

"What are you doing Daddy?" I asked as Mommy now worked on my hair.

“I’m putting Brody’s things in the guest room.”

“They’re here? Mommy, they’re here!” I squealed.

"Yes honey, so are Gran, Gramp, and Uncle Frankie. Your friends will be here soon so hold still so I can finish you up." she said. I kept very still as she made sure I was ready. Daddy stood at my door and I waved at him and he smiled.

“There’s my beautiful baby girl.”

“Daddy, I’m not a baby anymore. I’m a big girl.”

"Alright big girl, tomorrow we'll get you a job so you can help Mommy and Daddy pay for stuff." he said, smiling goofily at me.

"Joe, stop teasing her." Mommy said, walking by him. She almost tripped but put one hand on the door and the other on her tummy.

"Mommy?" I asked.

"Lyss... you okay?" Daddy asked, touching her head.

"I'm fine. I just feel a little dizzy… and nauseous. It's okay... it's just..."

"Oh." Daddy said, giving her a kiss. "Are we gonna...?"

"If you want to." she said and he smiled.

"Excuse me," I said, walking over and tugging on their sleeves. "Birthday girl wants to know what you're talking about."

"Grown-up things," Daddy said, poking my tummy. "Come on, let's go downstairs. Other people will be here soon." Then... the doorbell rang.

"I'll get it!" I shouted, running down the stairs. I pulled open the big front door. "Uncle Greggy!"

"Hey Sweet Pea." he said, picking me up and squeezing me tight. "Look who I brought."

"Auntie Kristy!" I cried, jumping into her arms.

"Garbo!" Mommy and Daddy said.

"Hi Kristine," Mommy said, hugging Auntie Kristy. "Thanks for coming."

"Well we just had to come see the birthday girl." she said smiling at me. "Are the others here?"

"Yeah… Jack, Ryan, and John are all here."

Uncle Greggy looked at me and smiled. He took me back from Auntie Kristy and walked into the kitchen. We both looked around and smiled.

"John Taylor!" we shouted and I giggled as Uncle Johnny tickled me.

"Excuse me but can I have my daughter back?" Daddy asked walking into the kitchen.

"Joe man, stop letting her grow up." Uncle Robbie said.

"Sorry boys. Mother Nature won't stop anything for anyone. Not even a Jonas Brother." he said. "Come on Ally-Baby. Your friends are here."

"Yay!" I shouted, jumping off of Uncle Jack's lap and running into the front room. "Hi guys!"

Andrew and Rachel were there and so were Sean, Amanda, Maggie, Jenny, Josh, and Bobby.

"Happy Birthday Lexi!" they said and I laughed.

"Kids! Look over here!" Mommy said, holding up her camera. We all smiled and she took a picture.

"Typical Melissa," Aunt Lauren said, standing next to Mommy holding Brody.

"Aunt Lauren!" I cried, running over and hugging her knees. Uncle Kevin picked me up and held me so I could kiss Aunt Lauren and Brody then I gave him a kiss.

"Hi baby girl." Aunt Lauren said.

"Happy Birthday!" Uncle Kevin said.

"Thank you." I said smiling.

"I can't believe you're five already."

"Tell me about it." Mommy said.

"Mel... are you okay?" Aunt Lauren asked. "You don't look well."

"I'm fine. Honest. I’m just feeling a little nauseous today."

"Okay..."

"Where's my little niece at?"

"Uncle Nick!"

"Lexi girl." he said, taking me from Uncle Kevin and kissing my cheek.

"Hey sweetie. Having fun?" Auntie Lana asked.

"Yeah! Did you see all my friends?"

"Yes. I think it's time we should let you play with them too." she said laughing.

"Okay." I said as Uncle Nick put me down. "Bye!"

****

"Duck..." Andrew. "Duck..." Jenny. "Duck..." Rachel. "Goose!" I said, tapping Sean on the head and running around the circle. I sat down before he could tap me and laughed.

"Who wants cake?" Mommy asked, walking into the front room.

"Me!" we all cried, jumping up and down.

"Okay, everybody into the dining room. No running!"

I walked into the kitchen as my friends walked through to the dining room. There were a lot of people. Uncle Kevin moved a little and I saw people who weren't here before.

"Grandma! Grandpa!" I cried, running around Daddy's legs to get to them.

"There's my little princess." Grandpa said, scooping me up. I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed his cheek then did the same to Grandma.

"When did you get here?"

"Awhile ago but you were playing with your friends. We didn't want to ruin the fun." Grandma said.

"Oh okay. I'm happy you're here."

"Excuse me Mom. I have to steal the birthday girl." Mommy said, picking me up. "It's time to sing."

"Well, let's go." Grandpa said. We went to the dining room and Mommy put me in the end seat. Uncle Kevin and Uncle Nick were holding guitars. They started to play and Mommy turned off the lights. Daddy and Gran walked in with my cake and everyone started to sing.

Happy Birthday to you. Happy Birthday to you. Happy Birthday Dear Lexi. Happy Birthday to you!

"Make a wish!" Mommy said.

I wish I had a baby brother or sister I thought as I blew out my candles. Everybody clapped and I smiled.

****

After cake and presents all my friends left. So did my Uncles: Robbie, Johnny, Jack, Ryan, and Greggy and my Aunts: Jodi, Beth, and Kristy. Aunt Jodi is married to Uncle Johnny and Auntie Beth is married to Uncle Jack.

So that left me, Mommy, Daddy, Brody, Aunt Lauren, Uncle Kevin, Auntie Lana, Uncle Nick, Uncle Frankie, Gran, Gramp, Grandma, and Grandpa. They were all sitting at the dining room table while I sat on the floor playing with the mini piano Uncle Nick and Auntie Lana gave me.

"Lexi, can I show you a song?" Uncle Nick asked.

"Yes." I said nodding. He knelt down next to me.

"This is called Chopsticks." he said, hitting the keys. "Want me to play it again?"

"No. I can do it." I said. He moved a little and I hit what he hit except a little faster. I looked at him and his mouth was open. "Was that right?" He didn't answer. "Uncle Nick?"

"Ally-Baby what's wrong?" Daddy asked, looking over at me.

"Uncle Nick showed me how to play Chopsticks then I tried and asked if I did it right but he's not talking. He's just looking at me funny." I said, pointing at him.

"Nick?" Daddy asked.

"Honey?" Auntie Lana asked, putting her hand on his shoulder. "Nick... talk..."

"She played it perfectly." he said, still looking at me. "I only showed her once and she played every note perfectly. Her fingers didn't slip once. That was amazing."

"Well, she's definitely a Jonas." Uncle Kevin said as Uncle Nick reached out for a hug. I hugged him and smiled.

"Lexi, do you want to take piano lessons?" Mommy asked.

"I guess. I like piano." I said smiling.

"I wonder if Brody has the Jonas musical talent." Uncle Kevin said as he fed Brody his bottle.

"Or maybe he'll have his mother's writing ability." Aunt Lauren said.

"If not, we can always see with the next Jonas baby." Uncle Nick said, standing up to sit at the table with me on his lap.

"Well, we'll see in about seven months." Mommy said.

"What?" Gran and Grandma asked.

"Oh my God!" Aunt Lauren said, jumping up and hugging Mommy. "You're pregnant!"

"I'm pregnant." Mommy said, smiling.

"Oh Melissa!" Grandma said.

"Congratulations!" Everybody was saying.

"What does pregnant mean?" I asked. Nobody heard me they were all hugging Mommy and Daddy. I climbed out of Uncle Nick's lap and stood on the table. "Excuse me!" I shouted. Everyone looked up at me. "What does pregnant mean?"

"Well Ally-Baby," Daddy said, taking me off the table and holding me. "Pregnant means that Mommy is going to have a baby. Remember when Aunt Lauren had Brody in her tummy?"

"Yeah. It was really big." I said and everybody laughed.

"Well, right now, Mommy has your baby brother or sister in her tummy. As the baby grows her tummy will get big just like Aunt Lauren's did and then we'll have a baby to take care of just like Brody."

"My wish came true!"

"What do you mean honey?" Mommy asked.

"When I blew out my candles I wished for a baby brother or sister. My wish came true." I said.

"Aw," everyone said smiling.

****

After everyone else left and after I wished Uncle Kevin a Happy early Birthday, Mommy brought me upstairs and helped me change into my pajamas while Daddy cleaned up. I climbed into my bed and Mommy pulled the blankets up and smiled at me.

"Did you like your birthday sweetie?"

"Yes! It was so fun! I got everything I wanted."

"Good. If you have any questions about the baby, just ask me okay?"

"When will we know if it's a boy or a girl?" I asked.

"Well, Daddy wants it to be a surprise. Do you?"

"No. I want to know if I'm going to have a brother or a sister."

"Will you be able to keep it a secret from Daddy?" she asked, touching my nose.

"Yes, I'm very good at keeping secrets." I said smiling.

"Okay well the doctor will be able to find out in about two months. Would you like to come with me on that day?"

"Yes please!"

“Alright. Now, it’s time for bed. Ready?” she asked and I nodded. "Somewhere over the rainbow, way up high, there's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby. Somewhere over the rainbow, skies are blue, and the dreams that you dare to dream really do come true. Someday I'll wish upon a star and wake up where the clouds are far behind me. Where troubles melt like lemon drops away above the chimney tops that's where you'll find me. Somewhere over the rainbow bluebirds fly. Birds fly over the rainbow. Why then, oh why can't I? If happy little bluebirds fly beyond the rainbow... Why, oh why, can't I?"

"That was really pretty Mommy." I said, wrapping my arms around her neck.

"Yes, very pretty Mommy." Daddy said, smiling from my door.

"Are you making fun of my singing?" she asked him.

"Of course not!" he said, coming in to kiss me. "However, you should stick with what you know best."

"Alright, alright, just kiss your daughter goodnight, we're all tired." she said giving me one last kiss. She stood at my door and waited for Daddy."

"Night Daddy." I said, giving him a kiss.

"Night Ally-Baby. See you in the morning." He went and stood next to Mommy.

"Sleep tight my angel." Mommy whispered. She shut off my light and closed my door almost all the way. I fell asleep real fast and dreamt my baby brother or sister was here already.
♠ ♠ ♠
OMG FIRST CHAPTER!!!!!!!

Who's excited?!?!?! *raises both hands and jumps up and down*

So okay::::

What do you think of this being in Lexi's POV?

Where do you think I'm going with this?

Another baby! What do you think:

Boy?

OR

Girl?

By the way: here we go again.... Auntie Kristy... is you! I hope you're able to read this... I know you're busy. For all of you who aren't Kristine... you should read her stories. =]

Thanks to my 11 subscribers just for the summary! You guys rock!

C/R/S

~Steph <3