Baby, I Think I Love You

A Plague A Both Your Houses!

I could remember the first time I had seen them as Mrs. Jasper Vincent. It had been well over six years ago. Monique and Avery had enjoyed it just as much as I had.

“So these are our grandchildren?” his mother asked, watching as I bounced little Avery on my leg, Monique sleeping beside me on the couch (she was fasting so I’d buy her some nice shoes, which was utterly ridiculous!). Jasper slung his arm around my shoulder.

“Technically, no. They’re Jade’s kids from a previous relationship. But I love them just the same.” He kissed my forehead quickly, yet sweetly.

“Ah. So the father was a...?” His father trailed off.

“Vampire, yeah. He was the one who changed her in the first place. But I suppose I never would have seen her again if he hadn’t damned her.” I smiled, snuggling closer to him.

“Well, do you two plan on having a baby together?” I glowered at her. Surely she was just stupid.

“Are you mad? I already have trouble raising these two! Do you want me to die of exhaustion?” Sarcasm had bitten my tongue, and she didn’t seem to like it one bit.

“There is no need to be a poor little bitch about this! Just hire a nanny. I mean, you are already mooching off of my son’s success and money.”

“Excuse me?” I coughed, gaping. “How dare you come into my home and insult me, you—you fucking whore!”

I found myself grinning as the shock washed over her rich little face—as well as her husband’s. Jasper turned to me, gawking. Yeah, I went there, boy!

“This is why you don’t marry a woman who is supposed to be the help! Jasper, you’ve married trailer trash! She shouldn’t even be allowed to breed!”

“Mother, please!” Jasper gasped, rising to his feet and helping me stand. I rested Avery on my hip as I continued to glare death at his parents. Monique shot up, looking quite confused.

“No! This bloody bint should be scrubbing floors!”

“From the look of your clothes, I bet you know just what that’s like, huh?” I asked, smirking.

All of a sudden the bitch decked me right across the face! I lost my hold on Avery and screamed as I smacked into the wall. Blood trickled from my forehead, but all I could think about was my baby. He was crying on the floor, but Jasper picked him up. And he got quiet.

“Avery!” I screamed, snatching him from my husband, bawling. “Baby, please!” He started crying, but way too much. I turned to my in-laws, death in my eyes I’m sure. They both looked blank. “Get the fuck out of my house!


Avery had his first concussion that day, and Edwin sure had flipped when he found out.

Oh, what a fun day that had been. And they never visited again, but I’m not complaining.

Not. At. All.