Baby, I Think I Love You

Everything Starts With "E", So Does Edwin!

“Babe, they’re done,” Jasper told me quietly, closing the door behind him. I threw on a smile for his sake. I knew how guys hated having to deal with crying chicks.

“Okay. Well, Edwin said he’d take care of the guest list.” I helped myself stand up.

“How does he know every single runt that Avery has over? He is a trooper,” he joked, pulling me into his arms and kissing me quickly. “So I suppose you’re really going through with this?”

“Hey, a boy only turns seven once,” I reminded him. “Plus, he still doesn’t seem over Edwin and I splitting up. I know he was just a baby and all, but I swear that he remembers it so clearly.”

“You’re just being paranoid,” he mumbled, suddenly releasing me from his embrace. I sighed inwardly.

“What’s wrong now?” I asked, watching as he walked out of the kitchen.

“Nothing,” he muttered under his breath, ignoring me as I chased after him.

“Honestly, you’re acting like I did when I found out that Barney was just a man in a dinosaur suit! What’s up your ass?”

He glanced tiredly at me, looking like he was about to just fall over and never get up again. I couldn’t tell if he looked annoyed or just a little on the sad side. He opened his mouth, but closed it just as quickly as he shook his head.

“Baby, please tell me what’s wrong with my big, strong man?” I begged with the dreaded pouting lip. He smiled slightly, but brushed me off again. I sighed. “Is this about Edwin?”

“When is it not about Edwin?” he hissed suddenly, turning to me with this crazy look in his eyes. “It’s always about him!”

I shut my mouth, glaring up at him as he towered over me. I put my hands on my hips, tired of this insane jealousy thing he had going on.

“Nothing is about Edwin! It’s all about you, okay? I’m trying to find out why you’re acting like I disgust you so much that you can’t stand to be around me.” His eyes softened as he pulled me to him quickly.

“Babe, you know that I love being around you. But do you know how many times I hear that name in one day? You may not notice it, but I do. And it drives me insane!” He took in a deep breath before kissing my forehead. “I love you so much. You know that, right?”

“Of course I do. And I love you, too. But you’re going to hear about the father of my kids a lot. He’s still very much a part of my life, and I can’t change that. But you’re the main man in my life. Please, you have to understand.”

He sighed and started to let go of me again, but obviously thought better of it.

“And I guess that I should stop being such a child, huh?” he mumbled against my neck, kissing it softly before burying his face in my shoulder. I smiled, rubbing his back softly.

“Yes, you should. It’s been six years, after all. But...Do I really talk about him that much?”

“Yeah,” he muttered, kissing me quickly, obviously wanting out of that conversation. “So maybe—since I just spent a lot of money on a silly pool—you might be willing to do what I want to do?”

“What do you want to do?”

“Well, not play bloody Monopoly! What do you think I want to do?”

“Oh, yeah. That’s right: you’re a guy, aren’t you?” I mumbled, grinning at him like a madman as he made the strangest face I’d ever seen.

“Last time I checked, yes!”

I giggled, grabbing his hand and leading him to the bedroom.

...So do I really talk about Edwin that much?
♠ ♠ ♠
Tomorrow I think I'll update twice. Yeah, I just can't wait for chapter eighteen to be out, but why do I say that? Find out tomorrow!