Baby, I Think I Love You

Beer Pong Champion, Fools!

“Don’t hit Timothy with that watermelon! William, stop that right now! Oh, lord, Susan... You don’t put that there!” I shrieked, seizing the kazoo from the small girl and hurrying across the yard.

“You don’t want to know where I found this,” Edwin muttered, holding out a deflated balloon. He dropped it, shivering. “Wow, maybe this was too many people.”

“Well, Avery is certainly having fun,” I offered, throwing the kazoo down. “You did great, okay?” I kissed his cheek quickly before scurrying into the kitchen. “Nathaniel, where are you?”

I heard a faint, “Help me, Jesus!” coming from the den, so I dashed in there to see his leg sticking out from under a pile of young children. I laughed, helping him out.

“You’re such a big, tough man,” I mocked. “Where’s Quinn?”

“She’s probably protecting little Natasha from these—these beasts!” he exclaimed, making a face.

“Oh, you’re silly. Hey, there’s some alcohol in the fridge if you want some. I know I need some!”

I dashed back into the kitchen and poured myself some wine. I glanced out the window and saw Edwin whispering something in his son’s ear. Avery grinned, nodding like mad. And I couldn’t help but smile. Is that so strange? They were just too cute together.

Avery darted away from his father, leaving Edwin all alone. He glanced back at me through the window and I smiled, pouring him a glass. He smirked, returning his gaze to the fifty-some children. I gathered up the two glances and stepped back outside, smiling softly and handing him the other glass.

“Thanks so much for helping with this,” I whispered, hugging him with my free arm. He kissed my forehead.

“I’m sure you’ll be taking that thanks back soon enough.”

“Why?” I asked, pouting as he took the glass from me.

“Well, because I did something bad.” A mischievous grin formed on his sweet lips.

I opened my mouth to ask him what sin he had committed, but all of a sudden the world was spinning. I cried out as I tumbled to the floor, Avery sprawled out on top of me. Edwin stepped closer, crouching down beside me.

“That, dear Jade, is why,” he murmured, laughing as Avery lunged at him, taking him down a few pegs.

I smirked and joined in on the dog-pile. Edwin told me to get off, but I insisted that I was much too comfortable and proved my point by wiggling around a little. Avery left us and I helped him up.

“You little demon,” he mumbled teasingly, handing me my glass. He downed his in a second, and I smirked.

“Is that a challenge?”

He grinned, making a mad dash for the kitchen. Quinn shook her head playfully, going into I was so going to win!...

“I can’t believe I lost!” I mumbled, my words slurred together. He smirked, nearly falling onto his face.

“Yes, milady, you have lost! I won my fair share of beer pong back in the day!” he hiccupped, laughing at me and pointing his finger in my face. I smacked it away.

“I was too busy getting laid to even have time for silly games!” I shrieked, falling backwards. Edwin caught me, holding me tightly to him.

“I wish I’d gone to that college,” he purred in my ear, kissing my neck.

“Eddy, that was in high school. And I’ve gotten so much better over the years,” I whispered seductively, twirling a lock of his hair around my finger.

“Want to prove that, babe?” he murmured roughly, suddenly grabbing my hips and jerking me to him. My brain scrambled as he nipped at my neck.

He grabbed my hand and pulled me back to the bedroom. I stumbled into the room, watching as he eased the door shut slowly. Edwin turned to me, smiling softly. He stopped going in slow motion and suddenly pounced on me, pinning me to the bed as he kissed me roughly.

“I love you so fucking much,” he mumbled between kisses, his hands trailing down to my thighs. I grabbed his hair, pulling him closer.

“Shut up and lose the slacks,” I panted, struggling for breaths. His eyes went wide, but he didn’t question me as he obeyed my every word.

He wasn’t drunk. He knew he wasn’t, and I knew he wasn’t.

Then again, I wasn’t entirely drunk either...