Baby, I Think I Love You

The Man!

My plane didn’t take off for a few hours, so I decided to waste some time.

I decided to fuck cops and illegal things, so... Hell yeah, I drove! And it felt incredibly nice to be behind the wheel of my baby again! Oh, we’d been apart for too long.

But I sacrificed her for a stop by the local coffee joint. After all, a lot had happened in Starbucks, and I’d never be going there again.

I sat down at a table, trying not to cry. I could be happy in my car, but my car couldn’t love me like Edwin had. Well, it certainly couldn’t love me like Edwin had, if you catch my drift.

...I mean it can’t have intercourse with me, you dunces!

All joking aside, I was absolutely miserable. But what kept me going was the thought of Edwin meeting some young vampire and falling in love with her. She’d never leave him, and he’d never have to suffer again. Sure, I would be suffering for quite some time, but Edwin would be alright.

Wow, so this is what Edwin went through when I was with Jasper? I truly am a bitch!

“Haven’t seen you around here in a while. I thought you’d died.”

I glanced up to see Gage staring at me, smiling softly. He had a look of sympathy on his face as he pulled out his chair and sat on it backwards.

“Oh, ha. No, I’m still breathing at least.”

“Yeah, even if you don’t need to. You won’t suck me dry, will you?” he teased, smiling. “You haven’t aged a bit, Jade. You’re a beautiful as ever. But I, on the other hand, am a twenty-seven-year-old man that is now working for the man. The establishment brought me down! But I suppose it did the same to you, too, huh?”

I smiled, kind of. Gage wasn’t as stupid as he had me believing eight years ago.

“So how’s your life going ever since I was kidnapped?” I teased. He smirked.

“Well, I got hitched. Yeah, I got a baby on the way, too. I’m a nervous wreck, really.”

“Hmm, well watch out for stretch marks!” I sang, smiling. “I’m kidding. Oh, I got married, too! Well, now I’m waiting on divorce papers. High school sweethearts aren’t so fun when they’re sleeping around and knocking chicks up, let me tell you!”

“Wait, you didn’t marry Edwin?”

I shook my head.

“Jasper swooped me off my feet with false promises of knickers and blaggards!” I shrieked, laughing when people glanced at me. “Eddie took it pretty hard.”

“So why aren’t you with him now?”

“Why aren’t you with your wife?”

“I told you: I have a job! I’m on my break, so I stopped by for coffee. Now answer my question, if you would be so kind.”

I sighed, dropping my head on the table. Yeah, it hurt my face a little, but I wanted to be dramatic.

“I’m a skunk-sack!” I grumbled, sitting up right. “He deserves better. Oh, and I had a kid, too! He’s with Edwin and his sister. But Edwin’s gonna adopt them. I hope.” I shrugged.

“Jade, is this really what you want?”

“Hell to the no!” I screamed, glaring at all the gazes. “I love him so fucking much, but I’m afraid! What if I hurt him again? I can’t do that. And he’ll just keep taking me back, tormenting himself again and again. I can’t do that to him. I love him, so I’m saving him from getting hurt. I’m a monster, Gage. I’m a succubus!”

Gage didn’t laugh like I’d hoped. I, on the other hand, was in a fit of hysterical laughter. I felt like crawling into a well and dying, but all I could do was giggle! And I was giggling like a man, too. Of all giggles, why did it have to be a dreaded man-giggle?

Good Lord, am I a man trapped in a woman’s bodacious body? Maury won’t believe this one!

“So you’re leaving just like that? Did you even talk to him?”

“Why do you care?” I grumbled, managing to stop with the man laughing. Thank goodness, too!

“Honestly, I shouldn’t. But he stole you from me, so it seems like a waste if you’re not with either of us. And I’m taken, so... It’s has to be Edwin, the bastard. Oh, hey, I ran into Quinn the other day. So she’s a leech, too... Did you tell Quinn?”

I bit my lip. Leaving home was going to be harder than I thought!