Halelujah

December 31st, 2008

I’m only eighteen years old and this is my first New Years without the supervision of adults who actually give a fuck. My band mates and I were getting ready for a party here in Franklin, Tennessee that was starting in twenty minutes. Thinking it was ridiculous how I was worried about my appearance, they were waiting impatiently outside the van,

“Rems, hurry up, it’s just a party.” Matt yelled my way after I threw my fourth outfit choice on the van floor. This had been going on for the past hour since Henry first heard about the party at Haley Williams’ house; now since I had pretty much gone through my limited wardrobe all I had left was gray skinny jeans and a dress.

How the fuck was I supposed to pull this off?, my mind screamed as my eyes scanned the dress. It had gray specks across the breast that would probably go with the jeans, but a dress over jeans was a tad yuck. I’m not a fashionista or anything, but even I know what goes and what doesn’t. I pulled my shirt over my head, threw the dress over it instead and pulled on the skinny jeans; looking down at myself was the only way I’d be able to tell if I looked good and from what I could see, I was hot.

Jumping out of the van, I said, “Don’t you know that you’re always supposed to be fashionably late?” The guys muttered several “finally”s and walked away. “Aw, thanks douche bags. I know I look fantastic.”

Following them in the dark, Jeremiah asked, “Who’s all gonna be there, Henry?” Rolling my eyes, I knew that Jeremiah only wanted to know what chicks would be there so he could score. Funny, his girlfriend at home wouldn’t appreciate that very much.

“People from Clay House, All That Remains, LeftBehind, Say Anything. It is Williams’ house so probably Paramore too, dude.” Henry answered, flipping his cell open to check the text from earlier. “Maybe The Maine too. Josh wanted us to know that there will be other people besides some bands that we only know. Also he said behave Rems.” Adding this at the end, I stopped in my tracks. Me, not behave? Never!

“I always behave, Henry. Tell Josh Ima kick his ass when I see him.” I muttered, and began running to catch up with the boys. They were laughing as my short legs brought me up to them.

“Okay, Remy. Whatever you say.” Matt, my usually silent band mate, said as he slung an arm around my shoulder . I relaxed as we headed deeper into the dark night.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay this is short. Sorry! I'm trying to break up what I have so far so I can make more chapters. But hopefully tonight I'll put up more. *crosses fingers*

I hope you all are having a fantastic Fourth of July.

ATM, I'm listening to A Rocket To The Moon's "Not A Second To Waste". AMAZING!

Did anyone go to Warped Tour here in Phoenix on the 30th??

DmK