Status: not really getting anywhere

Sing Me To Sleep

Chapter 2

“Jack, stop!” I yelled, as he continuously pelted me with blueberries out of the fridge.

Everyone else was laughing at me, watching as Jack threw one after the other. The boys had now been home for a week, and we were having a blast. Currently, we were hanging out at Rian’s and playing video games, relaxing. The whole reason our miniature food fight started was because Jack refused to share his blueberries with me. So, of course, I threw a spoon at him. I know, I’m so mature, but hey, I wanted those blueberries. I laughed as Jack tossed them at me, and so did the boys as they filed into the kitchen to see what all of the noise was about.

“Hey Cate!” Jack yelled, coming closer, “Have some blueberries!” He laughed, pouring the remaining contents onto my head.

“Asshole.” I mumbled, scrambling to pick the delicious fruit up off the floor.

After that, things went somewhat back to normal. As normal as me and the guys could get anyways.

“Let’s go out to dinner.” Jack said, grabbing my hand suddenly and dragging me out the door.

“Ok, woah!” I screamed, as he hoisted me up over his shoulder and ran out the door. I screamed a goodbye to the guys and then Jack closed the door.

As he led me to the car and set me in, he gave me a quick kiss and ran to the driver’s side.

“We’re going to P.F. Chang’s, by the way.”

“Sweet!” I said, turning up the volume on the radio.

Eventually, we got there. I was still wondering why Jack decided to leave so suddenly, but I didn’t mind.

“So, I’ve decided on where I want the wedding to be held.”

“What! Where? We need to set aside a few days and get all of this figured out if you really want to get married at Christmas.”

“How about the beach. Somewhere warm. Somewhere tropical. St.Thomas.”

“Jack that’s perfect! You know how much I love the beach!”

“Exactly, and then we can just have our honeymoon there. I found a nice resort and everything.”

“Really? When?”

“I looked last night. I was up after you fell asleep.”

“That’s perfect. We have to go talk to our parents later today, then. We need to tell them our idea and see if they can help us figure out if everyone can get a ticket there.”

“Who’s your maid of honor going to be?” Jack asked, then turning to order our food.

“Megan, of course. Let me guess, Alex is your best man.”

“Of course. Who else are your bridesmaids going to be?”

“I talked to Kara and she’s flying in, you remember her. She went to high school with us. Then I’m having my cousin Kelsey, and one of mine and Megan’s friends, Carson.”
“Perfect, so we have a small group, because the guys are going to be my groomsmen and that’s it. Are you, uh, using your dress or are you getting a new one.”

“No, I already have everything I need, we just need to find a minister pretty much and book reservations.”

“Perfect.” Jack replied, thanking the waiter as he brought us our food.

We ate and payed, and then Jack decided that we should go shopping at the mall that was near us.

“Let’s go in!” Jack said, pointing at the Group USA that had all of the dresses in the window.

“Why?” I asked, laughing as he pulled me by the arm.

“You have to find a dress for the reception. Duh.” He joked, dragging me to the racks of dresses for weddings and bridesmaids.

“I like this one” I said, holding up the black and white dress, “This should be fine for the rehearsal dinner, or the reception, either one.”

“Ok, let’s get it.” Jack said, laughing at how excited he was.

Next, Jack went to go buy one of the stupid tux-like tee shirts, and bought me one that said BRIDEZILLA on it. I laughed at his enthusiasm of finally getting married and we continued on. We were stopped once by a group of girls coming out of Hot Topic that were fans, and wanted pictures, and then we returned to the apartment. Jack called his parents, and then mine, and invited them over for dinner that night to discuss wedding plans. He set up his laptop and pulled up the resort that he wanted to stay at in St.Thomas.

“What made you even choose St. Thomas?” I asked, looking at the house that Jack wanted to rent for a week. I had to admit, I was in awe. It was gorgeous.

“I remember you saying that that was the best vacation that you, Alex and your parents ever went to. And you always said you wanted to go back, so I figured that I would make it there.”

“Thanks, baby.” I said, smiling and leaning down to kiss him.

I swear, sometimes it’s so easy to forget that I’m not living in a fairytale.
♠ ♠ ♠
so, I'm not liking this chapter to much.