Who Can Really Blame You?

Epilogue

Three months later

With only a few weeks until Carter goes off to college, and the rest of us are seniors, we decide that we will live in my apartment until the time comes for life to start again. Of course, Carter will be living with me still, as campus is only fifteen minutes away from here. He's actually going to the same school that Mitchell went to. Diedra lives here too for now, until she saves up enough money working as my aunt's secretary to get her own place.

So, we're all living in here, and it's the happiest we remember being, really. Well, the happiest I remember being.

Somehow, we're all on the couch, leaning into each other. Friend piles are the most comfortable of all the piles. We're watching a marathon of some TV show from the 90's while we cook pizzas in the oven. Once they're done, we agreed to play board games for as long as possible and try to break a world record.

"Dan's here!" Tayler yells to his sister, who's in the bathroom, when a knock sounds on the door.

She rushes out, cheeks red, and gets to the door in record time. The door flies open and the two of them hug tightly, before Dan gives her a kiss. When they pull away, they're beaming.

Me and Carter look at each other and pretend to gag. Hadley snorts and covers her face when Talia glares at us.

"Jeez, he just got back from vacation! Sorry I missed my man," she scolds, and joins us again on the couch, pulling Dan into our pile.

The buzzer goes off, and our resident chef goes to get it.

"It's done," Diedra sings, putting in another. She knows us too well after these few weeks.

"Help me up, babe," I say to Carter, who takes a hold of my wrists and pulls me up and against him briefly before we move to follow our friends.
♠ ♠ ♠
(:
The official ending.
I couldn't wait an entire week <3

Thank you to all of you who have commented, subscribed, obsessed (you know who you are!) and encouraged me.
Watch for my next story!