Status: Complete

Tangles of My Heart

Chapter Twelve

{size=150]Waverly Braxton

“Why, hello.” Said Mr. Omano, sounding surprised, but both Michelle and I could sense that he was faking it. He knew we were here, and he planned meeting us. “Aren't you girls just positively glowing.”

Jessica giggled loudly and Angela smiled politely, “Thanks Mr. Omano, we just got finished shopping for our Prom dresses.”

“Ah, I see.” He smiled, directing it at me, “Do any of you lovely ladies have dates?”

“Yes.” Said Jessica, jumping on the chance to talk to Adrian, “I'm going with Mike, Angela's going with Ben, but Michelle and Waverly don't have dates.”

“We're going with each other!” Smiled Michelle, linking arms with me.

“Ah, well I hope you all have fun. Now, if you ladies wouldn't mind, I will be borrowing Waverly for a moment.” Said, Adrian He looked at me with smiling eyes.

“I'll be right back you guys. Go in and order without me.” I said, already walking away. Michelle gave me a look before we departed.

I'll be fine. Don't worry I thought, then I told her to wait for me in the restaurant.

Adrian lead me in the side alley of the restaurant, when he thought that we were a safe distance away from everyone, he started to talk.

“I'm terribly sorry if I didn't anything to make Mr. Black upset with me.” He said, his eyes never wavering from my face.

“Ehh,” I said shrugging my shoulders, “He's pretty anal when it comes to me. All werewo-boys are when it comes to girls.”

I mentally slapped my forehead, I just made a big slip, he obviously picked up on it. I know he's a vampire but he didn't know who were Wolves.

“Jacob is a werewolf?”

Yep, I thought, of course, he had to pick up on that . . .

“Yeah, and he's imprinted on me.” I said nonchalantly, not thinking anything of saying that. But I knew I had made a mistake when Adrian let out a menacing growl escape from his throat.

“He imprinted on you?” He said through a clenched jaw. I nodded my head meekly.

“I thought, I mean, you-” He sighed, in defeat.

“You thought what?” I asked, tilting my head to the side in anticipation for the answer.

“That you and I.” He said, quietly, “I thought you, uh,”

I was stunned, not all because he thought I loved him, but because I had never seen a vampire struggle for words, or even stumble on words.

“I'm sorry, I need him. If I lead you on I'm sorry.” I said, stepping back, he caught my arm, his grip tightening. My instinct was to push and run.

“You did lead me on,” He growled, pushing me closer to his body.

“Mr. Omano-” I started, but he interrupted me by yelling,

“Adrian! Called me Adrian!” I stiffened, this was not good, I was about to open th connection between Michelle and I and tell her we were going to have to kick some ass, but then he was shoved off of me and I was pushed behind Jacob's strong build.

“I wouldn't touch her ever again, if I were you.” He growled, I could feel his muscles convulsing as he tried to push down the urge to shift.

“Very well, then.” Said Mr. Omano, he bowed and walked out of the alley disappearing within the crowds of people.

“That was weird.” I said, creasing my eyebrows, something told me that was not the last of Adrian Omano

Jacob said nothing, he was still shaking. I was still behind his back so as a comforting gesture I softly put my hands on his back and felt the shivers die down. He turned around almost lethally and kissed me softly, yet passionately.

“Sorry I was late.” He smiled, I leaned my head into his chest.

“Don't worry about it. You know, I am a hybrid, I can take care of myself.” I said, raising my eyebrows. Taking my head away from his chest and looking at him.

“I know, but it's my job to protect you, seeing as I am your boyfriend.” He said, a sly smirk creeping onto his face.

“Are you, now?” I said, a mock edge to my voice, lowering my lips to his neck, he cocked his head to the side giving me better access as he gasped out,

“Yes you are,” He said matter of factly, “and there is no way in hell I'm taking 'no' for an answer.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay everyone please check out my new story that I am absolutley in love with.
Lost in Tranquility
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!
Whit