Status: Complete

Tangles of My Heart

Chapter Sixteen

Waverly Braxton

“What is it?” I asked urgently. Seth rubbed his temples, and sighed. Jacob growled, wordlessly telling him to get on with it.

“Darien, he's been recruiting, and according to the Denali Clan, he's successful.” He said, running a hand through his hair.

Emmett had told me about the Denali Clan and how close they were, “Did the Denali's join him?”

“No, but other Clan's have and he's gaining more support.” Seth explained, he had obviously just come back from talking with Edward.

“How is he getting well known Vampire Coven's to join his hunt, I'm just one human. Surely the other clans aren't that interested.” I said, wondering why I was such a tempting target.

“He's using the Cullen's as amo, of course many vampires aren't exactly happy with the Cullen's and how they choose to live their lives.” He said, when I raised my eyebrows, he continued, “Edward Shacking up with Bella? Telling a human what really exists out there.”

I nodded, it made sense, vampires were anry with the Cullen's because the Cullen's thought that they could break the rules, that they were better than everyone else.

“Carlisle thinks he knows what happened between you and Michelle, know he's after both of you, including Beatrice.” He said, “I've told Embry and he's gone over to your house to keep watch.”

“Michelle and I need to go see Carlisle.” I stated, I looked around awkwardly leaning over to Jake. I kissed him on the cheek, not really knowing what to do, I walked over to Seth and gave him a sideways hug.

“MICHELLE?” I yelled throughout the house, it was a big house and my voice echoed in it. I heard footsteps running down the stairs, and I ran towards the sound. When I saw her I rushed out hurriedly, “We need to go and see Carlisle.”

“Why?” She asked, “And why is Embry insisting on stay guard outside the house?”

“Darien has gathered some followers, powerful ones.” Her face betrayed her shock, “He's after us, and Bee.”

“Son of a bitc-”

“We need to go see Carlisle, now.” I said, grabbing her hand, she yanked it out, looking frantic.

“Where's Beatrice?”

“Mama?” A voice questioned, Beatrice had entered the kitchen, in her green footie pajama's clutching her stuffed hippo.

Without any words spoken, Michelle grabbed Beatrice and rushed us out the door, we got in her car and drove to the Cullen's.

Embry was a mile from Michelle's estate, he had no idea that they left, but he did have a nagging feeling in his stomach that something was missing.

“Alice?” Asked Michelle.

“Hello! I hope you have fun.” She said cheerily. We never had any idea of what Alice was saying so for the most part we just smiled and nodded.

“Can you watch Bee for a while?”

“Sure!”

She handed her off just as Carlisle appeared at the top of the stairs. We used our super speed and were seated in Dr. Cullen's office.

“I assume you know the situation.” He said, getting up and looking through his bookshelf.

“Yeah! What the hell are we supposed to do about it?” Asked Michelle, her anger getting the best of her.

“You need to leave.” He said simply, pulling a book out of the shelf and sitting back down.

“What do you mean leave?” I asked, did this mean he didn't want to mentor us anymore.

“You both, and Beatrice need to go into hiding. That is, until we can convince the rest of the Vampire Coven's that we don't hold ourselves higher than anyone else and then hopefully, Darien will find himself short a few followers.” He said, flipping nonchalantly through an encyclopedia.

“How many followers does he have currently?” I asked, that thought crossing my mind.

“A couple thousand.” He said.

“Where are we supposed to hide?” Asked Michelle, still shocked that she would have to leave her life, and then it hit her, and she screeched, “A COUPLE THOUSAND?”

“Give or take.” He said, putting the book back. I was seriously considering punching him, although it wouldn't hurt him at all, it would make me feel better. “Waverly, you were going to be attending a school program in Europe, correct?”

“Yes.” I ignored, Michelle and her wide eyes. She was mad that I didn't tell her about my plans.

“Well now both of you will be going, you will live there until we can clear up this rather, sticky situation.”

“This is crazy!” Yelled Michelle, standing up, “I must be dreaming, I can't just pick up and move, I have a kid, and school!”

“Everything has been worked out, and you leave in ten minutes for the airport, we have credit cards for you, so you can buy the essentials, we have your pass ports, plane tickets and have sent your school transcripts.” He said, handing everything over. “It is quite important that you tell no one about your location, Jacob nor Embry shall know.”

I think we were both to shocked to protest, because next thing we knew we were being shoved into a car, with Beatrice and a couple hundred in cash.

“To the airport.” I said the cab driver, Michelle was gone, braiding Beatrice's hair as she slept.

I cast out my sensory net, it stretched a couple miles out but I could sense distinctly that Embry and Jake were on their way to the Cullen's.
♠ ♠ ♠
What's in Europe????????????????????? I think you know.