Status: Complete

Tangles of My Heart

Chapter Nineteen

Waverly Braxton

“So, why did you and that other girl transfer here?” Asked Caleb, writing down yet another answer on his page, “School is almost over and Prom is upon us.”

I shrugged.

I didn't understand why this boy ket talking to me, it was obvious that I wasn't going to say anything back. Yet he still found me interesting enough to keep talking at.

I had almost forgot about Prom, Michelle and I didn't even get a chance to get our dresses from the closet.

“So, I knew we just met and everything, but would you, maybe, want to go to Prom with me?” He asked, I was confused.

I nodded towards his girlfriend.

“Oh, I've been wanting to break that off as soon as it started. This is the perfect way to inform her of it.” He smiled, a big toothy grin that reminded me of Jake.

I shook my head, wide eyed. No way in hell, was I going to the Prom, now. I was even more shocked when he stood up, his chair squealing loudly on the linoleum floors. Attention was now on him.

“I would like to take this opportunity to ask a certain lady to the Prom!” He said, louder than necessary, I clunked my head on the desk, missing Taylor's reaction.

She was smiling, thinking that her boyfriend was finally going to ask her after countless times of dropping hints.

“Waverly Braxton, will you accompany me to the Prom?” He asked again, thinking that doing it in front of an audience would make me say yes.

Unfortunately, he was right.

I nodded, not looking around at any of the stupid shocked faces, and Taylor's face who looked like she was going to explode.

“You have a date?” Asked Michelle, smiling. She thought that this was a breaking point in my getting over Jacob. She imprinted on Embry, she knows that you can't just get over your imprint.

I nodded.

“Yay!” She shouted, “I have one too! We have to go get dresses, prom is in less than a week!”

It was if fate thought it appropriate to intervene in our lives at that moment. The doorbell rang, Michelle skipped merrily over to it, unlatching the lock.

“Hello.” She greeted the postman.

“Good afternoon. Are you Miss Sterling and Miss Braxton?” He asked, read off a clip board.

“Yes we are.” Said Michelle, he handed her two packages and left. She threw one over to me, I opened it and the card read:

Miss Waverly Braxton I think you'll be needing this.

She gasped as the ling flowing material spilled out of the paper envelope. It was the sequin dress she had bought.

She turned around and Michelle was twirling around in her tooth floss dress.

Beatrice came from her room, wondering what was going on when she saw us.

“Pretty princesses!” She shrieked with delight. She shrieked even louder when Michelle handed her the expensive purse she had bought her daughter. “I'm a pretty princess, too!”

“Lauren is so nice, she's got a good head on her shoulders.” Said Michelle, her eyes never wavering from the television set. “Audrina was is so stupid to think that she would hook up with Justin Bobby.”

I nodded absentmindedly, I was sitting in my pajama's. It was the weekend and we had nothing to do. Michelle was completely divulged in The Hills marathon. I jumped when my phone vibrated in my pocket.

I opened it, waiting for someone to say something.

“Uh, Hi?” Said a voice, “It's Caleb.”

I was silent.

“Hello?”

I was silent again.

“Oh shit!” He said, laughing at his own stupidity, “You don't talk! I'l text.”


I smiled as the line went dead. I snapped my phone shut and Michelle had tore herself away from the idiot box long enough to catch the 'conversation'.

“Glad to finally see you smile.” She said, a smirk present on her face, “Do you like him?”

How can you even ask that? I thought incredulously.

“It was just a thought.” She said, putting her hands up, “You know, you can love someone, and like someone else at the same time. Look at Bella.”

I really don't want to talk about this I thought angrily.

“Talk about what?” She shouted, standing up. The television remote fell out of her lap and on to the floor beside her foot. “You don't talk at all!”

Stop it. I demanded, closing my eyes.

“No! Your being absolutely ridiculous! You think your the only one upset? I had to uproot my daughter, leave the boy that I love, and start a whole new life, with someone I'm beginning to hate!” She screamed, attempting to storm away, but where her foot would have hit the ground it hit the remote.

Michelle let out a scream of surprise as she went crashing to the floor, her head hit the wooden coffee table with a dull thud.

I screamed as she hit the floor and the blood pooled around her head frighteningly fast.

My phone vibrated, the text read :

How are you?

Not very good, thanks.
♠ ♠ ♠
HELLO ALL! I'm excited because I found out I'm allowed to get a cell phone!
When I'm happy, you all get happy because I post more stories, so I am updating all of them, including my new story, which I've already updated today, take a look, it's an original, but not the one about Magic . . . just go and read it, and comment.