Status: Complete

Tangles of My Heart

Chapter Twenty

Waverly Braxton

Michelle sat up and rubbed her head, the blood was still pooled on the hardwood floor but her head had already healed.

Perks of being a Human Hybrid.

“Well, I don't know about you,” She smiled, “But I think that screaming, counts as talking.”

I smiled and we embraced in a hug.

Sorry, I thought, opening our connection. You know, about not talking.

“Ah, I can read people well.” She said shrugging, we were already conversing like we hadn't been in on going fight for a week.

I think it helps that we can read each other's mind, but, whose counting anyway.

“So do you think maybe you might be interested in talking, yet?” Asked Michelle, a hopeful look on her face.

I shook my head and watched as her face fell.

I just- It'll happen when I'm ready. I told her, reaching for my phone. She seemed to accepted my answer and changed the subject

“Are you texting back the boy?” She asked, smirking, obviously hearing Caleb on the phone.

I nodded, not really thinking much of it. I knew what she was thinking, that I liked this boy.

Oh, how wrong she was.

I'm okay, what about you? I texted back, a few seconds later my phone beeped.

Can you meet me at Lizzy's Flower Shop, on Fifth and Main?

When?

Now.

Be right there.

I smiled, I think I had made a new friend, although, I think that was established when I said yes to going to Prom with him.

“Wait,” Said Michelle, hearing my thought, “Your going to Prom?”

I nodded.

“With that bitches boyfriend?” She laughed reading who the text was from. Once again, I nodded. “Well, you better get going. Beatrice and I are going to the park.”

I waved and walked out the door, wondering what Caleb could possibly want at a flower shop.

Michelle Sterling

“Mommy, swings please?” Asked Beatrice, tugging on my hand.

I let her lead me over to the big girl swings as I was lost in my own thoughts.

Embry was constantly on my mind, never giving me a chance to relax. I wondered if I was on his mind at all. I knew I was, we were imprints after all. We were genetically bred to think about each other.

As much I love to think about his abs, and his perfectly chiseled face, I had other things I needed to think about, other things that mattered more than him. Beatrice.

As I sat on the seesaw with Bee, I watched her smiling face and felt a wave of relief crash on me. I remember thinking about giving her up for adoption, these were the moments when I was so glad I didn't.

“Mommy?” She called, waking me from my stupor, “Monkey bars?”

I walked over to her and hoisted her up, and her tiny hands wrapped around the metal bars. I kept a good hold her her as she moved from bar to bar.

“Where's Embry?” She asked suddenly, looking up at me with bright blue eyes, that held the same sparkle as many people told me that my eyes had.

“He had to go away.” I said lamely. Closing my eyes at the horrible attempt at an explanation.

“Why?” She asked, typical thing for a three year old to say.

“Because you and I are the most important people.” I said, smiling at her confused look, I knew I hadn't really answered her question.

“Okay.” She said contently, hoping over to the swings, where she pouted and batted her eyelashes at the boy who was sitting in the swing she wanted. He blushed and got up, Beatrice giggled and took her seat.

I sat down on the bench, I kind of zoned out, got hit on a couple times and kissed Beatrice's boo-boo's all better.

I guess Bee was missing Embry too.

Embry Call

Jacob had been banging on the Cullen's strong wooden door for the better part of two hours, screaming for Wavery or Michelle, we switched shifts, now it was my turn to mope and feel sorry for myself.

Here, Michelle and I were just after spending a very passionate night together when all of a sudden, I feel an overwhelming emptiness in the very pit of my stomach, Jacob had been feeling similar and we both rushed over to the Cullen's feeling like something was very wrong with our Hybrids.

Turns out, we were right. They were gone.

According to Carlisle they were on a plane, destination top secret. We couldn't even know where they were going because if Darien had mind invading leech followers they could read our minds and get to them.

He said as few people as possible were to know where they were. Although, we did appreciate how he was protecting them, we thought that we were included, in 'few people as possible'.

We had been here for a couple days now and we had no intention of giving up anytime soon.
♠ ♠ ♠
GAH! I had someone ask me to write a 'Justin Beiber' fan fiction . . . who the hell is Justin Beiber?