Status: Complete

Tangles of My Heart

Chapter TwentyOne

Waverly Braxton

I ran through the streets, desperately pushing and shoving people out of my way. My feet connected with the pavement in hurried steps and my breath came out in short gasps.

I rounded the corner and approached my apartment. My eyes scanned the courtyard and I peered behind me. The coast was clear.

I bolted into the lobby, punching the elevator button a total of eleven times. When I got to floor three I sprinted to the apartment and using my telekinesis I unlocked the door and slammed it shut, leaning against it to catch my breath.

I hopped up and ran to Beatrice's room, I scanned the small area, she was nowhere to be seen. It was then, in that moment, where I really started to panic.

“Beatrice! Bee! BEATRICE!” I screamed, tearing through our London flat like there was no tomorrow, which there very well couldn't be.

Michelle rushed into the bathroom, where I was, screaming into the toilet.

“What on Earth are you doing?” She asked, holding a hand to her heart, which I could hear was thumping irradically.

“Looking for Bee, I saw-” Michelle interupted me.

“I doubt my daughter would be found in the toilet,” She smiled, “What exactly are you saying about my parenting skills.”

She frowned for a good minute, widened her eyes, and hugged me.

“Your saying something! Your talking!” She jumped up and down, with me still in her arms, I shook her off. Brushing past her and scanning her room.

“Darien took Beatrice.” I sobbed, not bothering to take the time to explain. She cocked her head to the side, a questioning look on her face.

“What are you talking about? Beatrice is at daycare.” She explained, “Why what do you know?”

“I saw Darien, today in the market,” I cleared my throat, it was quite dry and sore from lack of use.

Faster than a speeding bullet, Michelle was on the phone and dialling the Day Care centre.

“Hello? Yes, this is Michelle, Beatrice's mother. You see her right now? Great. I'm picking her up early today . . . as in, right now. Yes. Thanks.”

We didn't bother with the car as we used our speed to race to the Day Care.

“I think I have an idea.” I said, as we entered the Day Care.

“About what?” She asked cautiously, signing in and walking in the midst of the playing children, scanning the room.

“Our safety.” I said simply, this caught her attention. Something caught both of our eyes from the corner of the indoor jungle gym.

“Mommy! Aunty Ocean?” She giggled, using her nickname for Waverly.

“Hello sweets. Were going to go home and spend the day together as a family.” Michelle explained, settling Bee on her shoulder's.

She signed out, and as soon as we were outside of the Care Centre, Michelle told Beatrice to hold on because we were using our special 'gifts' to go home faster.

When we got home, Beatrice was asleep and Michelle put her to bed, coming into the kitchen, a troubled expression gracing her face.

“What did you mean before by, 'our safety'?” She asked, sipping on a steamy cup of Creamed Earl Grey Tea.

“Well, if I saw Darien today, obviously Carlisle's method of protecting us doesn't work.” I said, saying what we were both thinking but afraid to say.

“Dr. Cullen did his best, under the circumstances.” She defended, finishing her tea and washing out the cup.

“Why do you still call him 'Dr. Cullen'? He told you, you could call him Carlisle.” I told her, slightly branching off from the topic at hand.

“It's a sign of respect.” She snapped at me, “Anyway, how do you know it was even Darien, it could have just been a look-a-like or your ind playing tricks on you.”

“Believe me,”I said, eerily, “I would know that face, that smirk, those eyes, anywhere.”

She seemed to believe me because her skeptical look dropped from her face as soon as the words left my lips.

“Well, what do you suppose we do?” She asked, a sharp edge back in her voice, “You've made it clear that accepting Dr. Cullen's help isn't wise. So what is your plan.”

“Simple.” I smirked, trying to sound more confident in my plan, because truthfully, I was shitting bricks, “We join the Volturri.”

“You have got to be kidding!” She shouted, but she lowered her voice so that she wouldn't wake up Bee and her voice ended up sounding like a hiss.

“No,” I said, shaking my head, “It's makes sense, the Volturri are all powerful, if anyone can match Darien's speed, strenght and brains, it's them.”

“Who says they even want us, they're a Vampire clan!” She argued, sitting down at the kitchen table, her head in her hands. “We are not vampires!”

“Listen, I know it sounds crazy-”

“Sounds?” She snipped. I scowled.

But, I know that they would want Human Hybrids, we are rare and uncommon, so far as we know they don't even know we exist.” I stated, “They will want us.”

“I can't believe I'm letting you talk me into this.” She sighed, going to her room to pack her duffel bag.
♠ ♠ ♠
HELLO!
I just got off of work and I have TONS of homework but I decided getting this chapter out was more important ; )