Status: Complete

Tangles of My Heart

Chapter TwentyThree

[size]Waverly Braxton

We were in Volterra, Italy, I was driving now and Beatrice was eating some of the airplane food that was given to us on the flight, the pretzel's that Michelle had saved and put in her pocket.

We drove right into a popular tourist spot where it seemed as if there was a celebration going on. Dragon floats and golden Gargoyles were being paraded around the streets, many of the people watched intently.

Not even the pure beauty and crisp warm air of Italy could bring Michelle and I out of our determined state of mind, until a cool voice purred from behind us,

“I believe you are looking for us.”

Michelle pulled Beatrice behind her shielding her from sight, but we knew that the Vampires before us already knew who she was and that she was present.

We turned around slowly, I cursed my self for not thinking about cast out my sensory nets.

Crap. I thought.

Well, here we go.

A tall man with a face that looked almost wicked, smiled at the three girls, there was a man standing beside him who had slicked back blonde hair, and a very chiseled face. Beside that man was another, with auburn hair and standing much taller than all of the other men, beside him was a girl who looked no older than 13 at most, with blonde hair pulled back into a strict bun atop her head.

I knew all of these people's names as did Michelle, we had talked previously with Carlisle about the Volturi, Aro, Caius, Marcus and Jane, were the members standing before us.

“Please, accompany us back to our home.” Said Caius, extending a hand and looking into both of their eyes with his blood red irises.

“How did you know we were looking for you?” Asked Michelle, not recalling any of the Volturi to have a gift like Alice's.

“We have many gifted ally's who are more than happy to inform us of events.” Replied Caius, calmly.

“Well they tell us if they prefer to keep their lives.” Laughed Marcus, an evil sneer placed on his face, somehow he still managed to look dashingly attractive.

Michelle was about to make another inquiry when suddenly we were grabbed and thrust into a dizzying spin before we were thrown roughly to the ground.

I clutched my head, and wondered what the hell had just happened, I blinked a couple of times to clear my vision and noticed we were in what seemed to be an old antique looking chapel.

“What have the Cullen's sent you here too do?” Demanded Jane, suddenly not looking so much like a sweet 12 year old.

“Well your gifted ally obviously is lacking the gifted part. Otherwise you'd know what we were doing here.” I said smartly, not really considering that fact that I was in a room full of Vampires who were deemed Royalty.

Jane seemed concentrated on my small frame as well and Michelle's and I remember a conversation Edward and I had shared, on of the few that didn't include name calling.

“The Volturi?” I asked, “Is that the new pizza place that opened up on fifth?”

“No, most definitely not.” He responded, rolling his eyes so fast that I almost didn't catch it.

“What then?”

“They're a group of highly acclaimed, Vampires. Not vegetarian's in the least, they're almost considered royaly, and they know it.” He said, his voice dark, with an air of amusement at the look of terror evident on my face.

“I'm sure they aren't as bad as everyone makes them out to be.” I said, defending the group, the Cullen's turned out be okay, even though everyone said they were creepy devil worshipers, why couldn't this group of Vampires be decent.

“Your right,” He agreed, “They're worse.”

“How do you know?” I asked, genuinely curious as to how he knew these vampires were so bad.

“I had a run in with them earlier last year, before you graced us with your presence.” He said, looking as though he was deep in thought. “Aro, once he touches you, ever intimate though, every private memory is his to use against you, Marcus can sense the relationship between two people no matter how private or secret, and then there is Jane, with one look she can make you bleed from the inside out. A piercing pain no origin, no cure, just pure unadulterated pain.”

No more was said about the Volturi after that day


I panicked as I saw the blonde fix her gaze on us, with the ferocity of a tiger and the speed of a hummingbird, I sent a wave of energy at her, sending her own power hurdling back at her.

She screamed as the pain hit her full force, and knocked her off her feet, Aro and Caius held her back as she attempted to jump us and rip our limbs off.

“Easy there, tiger.” Taunted Michelle, “We come in peace.”

“We would like to talk to you in private, preferably back at your headquarters, or base, whatever you like to call it.” I said, confusing myself as tried to convey what we came here to do.

I felt a touch on my arm, it was light but firm and I flinched away, Aro smiled at me, closing his eyes as my every thought an feeling rushed into his body.

“You are a unique being, Waverly Braxton. A Human Hybrid no less, practically family with Vampires and yet, you have fallen for a dog. You have much strength within you, overcoming obsticales that many would fail at, beating the odds and coming out on top.” He spouted, his words about didn't seem to be finished but Jane interrupted him anyway.

“We will only ask one more time,” She sneered, “What are you doing here?”

“We have come to join your coven.”
♠ ♠ ♠
WOWOWOOW! Rate, comment, vote, do whatever it is that you all are doing, KTHANKS!