Status: Complete

Tangles of My Heart

Chapter TwentyFour

Waverly Braxton

“Why do you think we would want you in our coven?” Asked Marcus, “You know we are the most sought after collection of gifted Vampires there is, your not even Vampires.”

“Yes, but we are Hybrids, same power as Vamps but we have even more extensive ways of using it, and our hearts actually beat.” I said shrugging my shoulders.

“I think we have a deal.” Said Caius, smiling, and ignoring Jane as she threw a temper tantrum near the exit of the Church.

Michelle and I linked hands, Beatrice behind us both. This was the beginning of a new life.

“We are having a welcoming Ball, for the three of you.” Said Aro, walking into the room with three big boxes.

“A Ball?” Michelle questioned, wiping the sleep from her eyes.

“Oh, I am terribly sorry. It appears that I had forgotten that our new coven members needed sleep.” He laughed, “Anyways, please except this gift from us too you.”

“Ooh, presents.” Shouted Michelle bounding out of bed and snatching the vibrant looking boxes.

“What Ball?”

“Tomorrow, it's just to welcome you to the neighbourhood.” He said, but before he could say anything else, Michelle was jumping and squealing and Beatrice was twirling around in some frilly flowery thing.

“Enjoy.” Aro's smooth voice rang through the room and he was gone, leaving me too deal with the two noisemakers.

“I can't wait for this ball, I'm going to score one awesome hottie in this dress.” She smiled.

“Me too.” Said Bee, mimicking her mom, although Michelle's face contorted into a face of horror and motherlyness.

“You will do no such thing. You shall look and act like a lady.” She demanded, looking at me for backup if she needed it.

“Okay.”


“Evacuate the dance floor, I'm infected by the sound, stop this beat is killing me . . .”


I moved as gracefully as I could through the hordes of people that were standing around chatting, I was under the impression that it was a party, you know SOCIAL GATHERING, not simply an image of elegantly dressed people starring at her Michelle and Bee like they were something to eat.

But they were, because every “person” in this room was a vampire with blood red eyes and a posture of pure strength. But there was an exception, two god-like males were making their way towards them.

Bee gasped, “Emmett! Eddie!”

The two boys smiled as they both embraced the tiny vixen. She had captured their hearts, much like she did to everyone who met her.

“AH! Emmett, Edward! I'm so glad to see you!” Shouted Michelle, reaching out to embrace them, until a look of realization crossed her face and stayed there. “Wait a second, where the hell did you both come from? How did you find us?”

“Alice.” Said Edward, “Her gift is becoming more and more prominent.”

“Well, you can respectfully tell Alice to shove off.” I said, well, more like snarled because frankly I was pissed off with almost everything by now, and I just wanted to start my new life with my new friends.

“Why don't you tell her yourself.” Perfect, impeccable timing as all the Cullen's seemed to have down pat, as Alice, Rose, and Jasper all walked in.

Rosalie, beautiful as always wearing a blue satin, floor length gown, empire waist line and plunging neck lines.

Alice was up to date on her style choices as per usual, with a black tutu and matching blood red corset with black lace up the front.

The boys were all in tuxes, and looking dashing. They all would have looked just as good in plastic bags as they do in designer outfits.

“Everyone please take your seats!” Boomed a voice, Aro was standing on the stair case, looking out over his guests like prized trophy's.

“The events of tonight's festivities were confidential, so I can safely assume you all are wondering why we are here, although I'm sure you've all already smelt who I'm taking about.” There were mutters and slight laughs amongst the guests.

Michelle looked around and winked at a male who was staring her up and down.

“We are in fact here to welcome three new members to the family!” There were mixed emotions in the room which would explain the way Jasper was clutching his head.

Emmett looked to us, upset by the words he was hearing. “You both can't be serious.”

“We are, Emmett. It's not like we can go back to Forks. Unless you've somehow manages to slice and dice our good friend Darien?” I said, raising a questioning eyebrow.

“No, we haven't. We're getting closer!” He argued, I fought the urge to smile at him. I could tell he missed us and wanted us back.

“Emmett, I really wish we could just come back.” I said, touching his arm comfortingly, “But, we've come to far now to turn back. I can't put anyone on anymore danger.”

“You seriously think that being here is any less dangerous?” Scolded Rose, “Your in way more danger here, these Vampires have not practised our way of living.”

“If we are one of them, they can protect us better than you can, you guys out number him by seven, here we outnumber him by seven hundred!”
♠ ♠ ♠
WOWOWWOOWOWOOWOOWOWOOWOWO!
Whadda think?