Status: Complete

Tangles of My Heart

Chapter TwentyFive

Waverly Braxton

The Cullen's were sitting at a silk linen covered table, black, with silver embroidering. They were sitting close to us, keeping an eye out.

Michelle and Beatrice were dancing on the floor and I was scanning the room, because I knew that if the Cullen's were here then Jacob and friends were close by.

Suddenly, near the dancer floor I heard a crash, and a scream. Menacing roars and growls were echoing through the room.

I pushed through the gathering crowd and went straight to the pinacle of the commotion. Michelle was standing protectively over Beatrice who was crying at the vampire that had knocked her to the ground and attempted to take a quaint little bit out of her neck.

I bee-lined for Beatrice and scooped her up, I passed her off to Edward. I stood beside Michelle, ready to back her up.

That's when we both noticed who the vampire was that lunged for Bee. He had blood red eyes and a sadistic smile.

“Mr. Omano? What are you doing here?” I asked, my eyes so wide I was surprised they hadn't popped out and rolled across the floor.

“And why the FUCK did you attack my daughter?” Michelle screamed, not moving from her defensive stance.

“I've just come to collect my prize.” He smiled.

I wondered why the Volturri weren't doing anything to stop him. He was obviously here to cause harm, so why weren't they escorting him from the premisis? Or ripping him apart and burning his flesh?

“Beatrice was your prize?” Michelle asked, sending a low volt energy wave to him. He was slightly knocked over but waved it off and smiled at her attempt at a warning.

“No, Waverly is my prize.”

I decided to ignore that red flag and ask another question.

“In order to gain a prize you must have done something worth while.” I told him, wondering what he did in order to believe that I was his prize.

“I helped a friend gain entry into Italy completely undetected by your new friends.” He said, clearing a path by shoving other vampires out of his way. He walked on to the stage and continued to talk.

“You see, I have an ability no one seemed to care enough to check on while I was seeing Waverly.”

“You were never seeing her!” Shouted someone from the doorway. I tensed, and so did every other vampire in the room. Whether it was the stench of dog or the warning air he seemed to posses while talking about me.

“Jacob.” I whispered, I was happy in a way but I was also angry at him for coming here and ruining the walls I had built because as soon as I looked in to his eyes, it all came crumbling down.

“Ah, but soon enough I'll be the only one seeing her.”

I didn't like that threat so I jumped in to action, I summoned a fire ball of decent size and scorching heat. It balled up in my hand and threw it at his face. He moved out of the way but not before it scorched his face.

He held his hand up to his seared fresh. He screamed and lunged at me, I got into stance and threw an enegry ball at him. It knocked him over, but he got back up and was ready to jump at me until a hand held him back.

I held in a scream as the voice that haunted my dreams spoke in a calming voice.

“Please Adrian, clam down.” He said, stepping into the light, and away from th shadows that hid his face.

“But you said I could have her, you promised me I could have her!” Yelled Mr. Omano, nearly hitting the point of hysteria.

“Did you really think I would just let you have my girl?” He said, with in half a second he was infront of me, caressing my face.

“YOU LIED!” He screamed, lunging at Darien with a crazed look in his eye.

With a sickening crunch and a snap Darien had turned around and caught Mr. Omano's neck in his mouth. He snapped his mouth shut around his neck and Mr. Omano's head rolled across the floor.

I guess that's when the Volturri decided to intervine.

ABOUT DAMN TIME!

“What is the meaning of thi-” Before Aro could even finish his sentence he was dead.

Michelle screamed and everyone was gasping. I was in a room full of vamps and no one was trying to take down the PSYCHOTIC LUNATIC!

Michelle we have to do something. We can't let all these people get hurt.

What can we do?

Hold hands.

What?

Remember when we made that cliff dissapear while we were practicing? Let's make these people dissapear.

What if we can't get them back?

Well either that or they die . . . Pick your poision.


I grabbed for her hand and we both concentrated our entire being into this one act.