Status: Complete

Tangles of My Heart

Chapter TwentySix

Waverly Braxton

“What? What is this?” Darien yelled, looking around at the now vacant room.

“Magic.” Michelle laughed, waving her hands around. Our hands were clasped and ready for action.

“Well here is a little magic of my own.” He ran, so lightening fast that I couldn't even see him, as he ran behind me and snapped my arm. I screamed out as my arm fell limp to my side.

“Wave, are you alright?” Asked Michelle, trying to clam down my screaming. Darien was laughing as I sent a high voltage energy blast at him with my good arm and it hit his leg. It singed and disintegrated.

This time it was his screams that echoed through the hall.

“Doesn't feel good does it, asshole!” I yelled, trying desperately not to cry from the blinding pain that was nearly bringing me to my knees.

“The time for talking is over,” He limped towards us, still at a dizzying pace. “The time for bloodshed is upon us. I think I'll start with the pretty little dish right here.”

Michelle stepped back upon his advance and screamed as he launched himself towards her. I screamed for her to move out of the way, and that's when she squeezed her eyes shut and disappeared all together. I was panicked, had she left me here by myself?

“WHAT?” Darien screamed, “What are you, what is this?”

I was on the verge of tears, convinced I was going to die, until I felt a tug on my hand. I looked down and there was nothing. I felt another tug and then I understood, Michelle had used her power of invisibility.

“Our powers are too great for you.” I smiled, “Way too great, and you'll never win.”

“Don't forget, dear sweet Waverly. That you are still human and I am a vampire, creature of the night. Now, your all alone.” He was almost singing it. With an evil smile, “and now, your in the dark.”

Suddenly, the grand lighting in the ball room, shut off and I was in the dark. Unfortunately, greater sense of sight was not one of my Hybrid Powers. Nor was it one of Michelle's.

“Catch me if you can.” He sneered.

“I'm going to catch you, and then I'm going to catch you and then I'm going to rip you to pieces.” I said, turning around, only to find more darkness.

I lit a small fireball in the palm of my hands, it only illuminated a small area, but that was better than nothing.

“You can't escape.” He cackled, sounding insanely happy.

“Waverly, we need to kill him.” A voice whispered in my ear. Michelle.

“How exactly do you propose we do that?” I asked, a tad irritated with that statement.

“Rip him apart and burn him, that's the only way to kill a vamp, isn't it?” She asked, making herself visible again, I could see her high heels gleaming, reflecting my fire.

“You think you can kill me?” He laughed, a high pitched hysterical, giggle. “No one can kill me. Especially not you!”

Michelle and I back up, but I tripped over something that was laying about on the floor. I fell on top of it. To my surprise it grunted.

“Shit.” It whispered.

“Jacob?” I recognized that voice. “How in the hell are you still here?”

“Your little disappearing act just knocked us out for a while, you can't et rid of your imprints.” He said, I could tell he was smiling. I knew he had a double meaning when he was talking about imprints but I chose to ignore it until I realized something.

“You said 'us' . . .” I said slowly, “What did you mean-”

“Wave, we have a problem.” Said Michelle from somewhere beside me. Before I could question why, the lights turned on and I realized that much like me, Michelle was lying on top of Embry. I stood up, and got in a defensive position.

Michelle and I joined hands while Embry and Jake both phased.

Darien simply laughed and I growled. I threw an energy blast at him that knocked him to his feet and Michelle sent a wave of air towards him that sent him flying into the wall. He flew right through it and into what looked like a banquet hall.

He lunged at me with his jaw wide, the last thing I remember is a pair of sharp teeth digging into my neck, a loud menacing growl and then, darkness.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment and sub please!!!!!