Status: Complete

Tangles of My Heart

Chapter ThirtyOne

Waverly Braxton

“What do you mean?” 'I haven't left?'” I asked, not caring if anyone saw the confusion wash over my face.

“You've never gone anywhere, no one took you away,” Explained Michelle. “He got into your mind.”

“My mind? Fucker. How did the bastard manage that one?” I all but shouted. I looked down at my attire, and noticed that I was still in the dress from the party.

“Carlisle said he got a spell from some witch.” Michelle exclaimed throwing her hands up. “I didn't even know Witches existed!”

“Witches, well that is new.” I said, still reeling from all of the information that I was being force fed. “Why did she help him.”

“Don't know, don't care.” Spoke Michelle, “I'm just glad your back safe, and now we can go back home! I don't know about all of you, but I miss my own toilet!”

I laughed, but I finally asked something that had been plaguing my mind for the last 5 minutes.

“Where's Jake at?”

The room grew silent and tense, I could have cut it with a butter knife.

“Common guys,” I said, growing anxious, had Darien gotten to him.

“He, uh, he dipshumubalop.” She muttered and trailed off at the end.

“Come again.” I asked.

“He, huh, dipped out.” She whispered, but I picked up on it.

“To the store right? Tell me he only went to the store!” I yelled, feeling insecure. Of course just as I conquer these thoughts that were in my mind, my worst fear comes true. Jake left me.

Left me alone.

Then I shut down.

How could he do this! I had been in hell, fighting Darien. Telling him that he was wrong and that Jake loved me.

I guess he didn't.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it's kind of short. Sorry.