Status: Complete

Tangles of My Heart

Chapter Four

Waverly Braxton

Michelle and Embry were back, I think everyone noticed the massive football sweater she was wearing, curtsey of Embry Call. I smiled, and scanned the crowd, my smile turned into a sneer when I saw Jacob and Eileen, who was his red headed date.

She laughed at something he said and subtly rested her hand on his shoulder as her fingers ran up and down his neck. By now my sneer was a full blown teeth bared-vampire growl. That was until, I saw Jacob smile at her and move her hands off him. My anger hadn't really faded though considering how close they were sitting and how their thighs were touching.

I think Jacob sensed someone watching his because he turned his head around and lock eyes with me. He smiled, a mischievous sly smile, almost like he knew exactly how jealous I was.

I gave him the finger.

“You know,” A husky voice came from beside me, “he's doing it to make you jealous, right?”

I turned to Paul, “Well, he sure looks like he's enjoying himself, none the less.”

“Imprinting,” laughed Paul, “isn't just a short term thing. It's forever, he's trying to get you to see that.”

“He isn't going about it the bloody way!” I pouted, crossing my arms over my chest. Suddenly Paul wrapped his arms around me. The heat made my face flush and I smiled, remembering Jacob arms around me.

“What was that for?” I asked after he released me.

“Jacob was looking.” He whispered, “Ten O' clock.”

I covered my face with my hands, embarrassed to look and see Jake's reaction, Paul must have known what I was doing because he then he whispered,

“Eileen is trying to get his attention but he won't take his eyes off of us. I'm thinking it was a good decision not to kiss you because he would have shifted faster than I could say, 'possessive'!” He laughed, and left for the refreshment table.

Bloody asshole, I thought bitterly, he deserves to feel jealous, I'm just playing the same game he is. I just play it better.

The ceremony was beautiful and the reception was kick ass, everyone was jumping around and dancing, Charlie and my mother had already left the venue for Hawaii. There was still more than half of the reception party goers still dancing.

I had mostly been people watching after Michelle and I had danced to the whole 'Dirty Dancing' soundtrack on the table. I was not looking forward to those pictures.

Embry had asked Michelle to dance a grand total of, about, four hundred fifty six times. Her answer to all four hundred fifty six times was 'no'. He still hadn't given up yet, I knew they had shared something private when Embry took her to get his sweater. She had been looking at him more and by looking, I mean drooling.

Sam and Emily were talking privately about something, she looked nervous and at first he looked scared, but then he looked just as radiant as she did. I took a wild guess and assumed she was preggers.

The Cullen estate was a grand thing, but the outside was even more extravagant than the inside. Alice had decorated the trees with little twinkling lights and the waterfall was making the perfect sound to accompany the lights.

“So,” Said a voice from beside me

“Paul! One of these days your going to go me a heart attack!” I smiled, turning around, I expected to meet the green eyes of Paul, not the brown of Jacob Black.

“So, what's the deal with you guys anyway?” He asked, not making eye contact. I leaned up against the railing and Jacob sat on the bench.

I decided to play dumb, “Who?”

“You.” He paused, “and Paul.”

“Why should I tell you?” I asked, knowing full well that I was putting idea's into his head. “Here's a better question anyway! Who is the red headed girl your here with?”

I said, my voice raising a few more octaves than what was necessary. “I didn't know you could move on so fast?”

“Eileen is just-” I cut him off.

“So it's Eileen now is it?” I yelled, going a bit over the top with the theatrics. He smiled, standing up right and feeling the need to get right up in my face.

I didn't invite you to my barbecue, so why are you all up in my grill?” I said, apparently using the lamest line I could muster.

“Green isn't a very flattering color, but it looks sexy as hell on you.” He said huskily, inching even closer to me.

“Yeah, well. Uh, Paul looks sexy in green too, so I guess we're both on the same good looking boat.” I stuttered, his closeness was getting to me and I was feeling more self conscience than ever.

“You know you don't like Paul.” He said, in a very omniscient, all knowing voice.

“You don't like Cheyenne.” I countered, smugly.

“Eileen.”

“Whoever.” I said, angrily yet carelessly at the same time. I stomped my foot and turned around heading back to the reception.

I would not give in first, he would come to me!

Jacob Black

I would not give in first, she would come to me!

Waverly Braxton

“Carlisle, we want to thank you for hosting my mother's wedding.” I smiled and hugged him to show my appreciation.

“You are more than welcome, it was my pleasure.” He said, “Now if you'll excuse me, I must retire.”

I smiled, knowing that he couldn't sleep.

“Oh, and by the way Waverly, I am very aware of your little experiment with Michelle and your hand markings. I would like to talk to you both, tomorrow. We have much to discuss.”

My eyes widened and I tried to hide my surprise that he knew what we were up to. He turned and sped up the stairs.

“Michelle can I stay with you and Bee tonight?” I called from the living room to where she was in the kitchen, raiding the fridge for leftovers of the extravagant wedding cake.

“Don't you always?” She called back, laughing.
♠ ♠ ♠
I would like 4 comments before I post a new installment PLEASE!
This story hasn't been attracting the same amount of readers as the first one, I think I may delete the sequel and just leave it at the last chapter of 'Keeping the Peace.'
But I haven't made up my mind just yet. Writing this story just seems like a lot of work if no one's reading it.
Thanks.