Status: Complete

Tangles of My Heart

Chatper Eight

Waverly Braxton

My mother was coming home in a couple of days, she would be glowing and happy. Until she opened the door to the house and found all of my stuff gone. I was feeling guilty, so guilty in fact, that I almost started to pack up my stuff and bring it back to my mom's house.

It's not like my mom planned on staying in our house for long anyway, we were supposed to be moving in with Charlie and Bella, now she would be moving in with Charlie and Bella.

There was a loud giggle from downstairs, I was setting up my stuff in my new room, and Michelle was on a grocery run. Embry was babysitting.

I stopped unpacking and skipped down the stairs, I walked into the kitchen where Beatrice was riding Embry like a horse.

“Giddy up, horsey. GIDDY UP!” She shouted, letting out a string of giggles as Embry got up off of his knees with her still on his back, then he flipped her onto the couch.

“Hey,” I said, walking into the kitchen. Beatrice jumped up at the sound of my voice running into the kitchen and giving me a hug.

“Are you finished unputting your dollies and clothes now?” She asked, letting go of me and lifting her arms, showing me that she wanted to be picked up. I poured myself a glass of water and picked her up.

“Almost, I just have to put away some clothes, move around some chairs and paint.” I told her, sipping my water and adjusting her position on my hip.

“Can I help paint?” She asked, sticking her thumb in her mouth.

“Well, Bee.” I said delicately “That's more, of a big girl thing. Embry would you mind helping?”

“Actually, I promised Bee that I would try to convinces her mom to come to the water park with us.” He said, watching as Bee jumped out of my arms and ran to the couch.

“Good luck.” I said, quietly so that Beatrice wouldn't hear us.

“What?”

“Just that, Michelle isn't looking for a family. She don't want to let her guard down with you, this bond you have with Beatrice is worrying her. She is starting to like you more now that you are getting along so well with Bee.”

“That's a problem?” He asked, looking pleased with himself.

“Yes it is. I told you, she doesn't want to let her guard down. So now that she likes you so much, she's going to try and push you away a thousand times harder.” I explained, finishing off my water and putting the glass in the dish washer.

“Anyway, I'll get Paul to help me.” I said, shrugging my shoulders and walking out of the kitchen.

“Actually, Paul is helping Seth and Sam, who are rebuilding a boat they bought down in Port Angeles.” He said, smiling, “Looks like your stuck with Jake, it also looks like your not the only one who doesn't want to let her guard down.”

“Yeah, okay.” I said, rolling my eyes. “Are you guys okay by yourselves, I want to drive down to the hardware store to get some paint.”

“Yeah, were fine. Go ahead.”

I stepped into the store, looking at the signs directing me into the paint isle.

I looked at all the paint chips and moved over to the blue's and purples. I was looking at a dark matt blue and I felt myself smack into a hard, cold, and sturdy object.

I looked up, Mr. Omano was staring down at me and I stared back. I hadn't noticed how close we were standing until I felt the chill of his skin making me shiver. I stepped back.

“Why hello, Ms. Braxton.” He said, his voice composed as always. I didn't trust my voice at the moment so I opted for a curt nod.

“What are you doing here?” He asked kindly, smiling a crooked, yet warm smile.

“Getting a color to paint my new room.” I said, concentrating on the small color swatches. If I concentrated on anything else I would have probably jumped my teachers bones.

“Your moving?” He said, sounding strangely alarmed.

“Yeah, in with Michelle. I don't know if you know her, she goes to Fork's too.” I said, trying not to ramble, unfortunately this guy had the same effect as Jacob does.

“Yes, she is in one of my classes, she is a very out spoken.” He laughed, the sound making me trip over my own two feet. I stumbled and he steadied me with his cold hands that clasped around my waist.

“Yeah,” I laughed nervously, “She is a spit fire.”

“So your moving in with her, what about your mother?”

“Well, she doesn't exactly know . . .” I trailed off, picking out a deep purple with a hint of navy blue.

“I wish you the best of luck.” He laughed, his hands still on my waist. I put one of my hands over his, being spontaneous and smiled up at him, rubbing my thumb on the palm of his hand.

“Well, I think I've found my color.” I said, suddenly twisting out of his embrace.

I walked to the cash, paying for my three cans of paint and walking as gracefully as I could under the circumstances.

I got into the car, turning on my Counting Crows CD and driving home. I was singing, some may call it screaming the lyrics to 'Rain King', when I found that my car was slowing down.

I looked down and the dash board and saw that the gas tank was on empty.

“Isn't this just great.” I mumbled sarcastically.

I pulled over and got out of the car and looked up at the sky, it was staring to get dark. I figured that I could walk back, I knew a short cut through the forest, I could take that and I would be home in no time.
♠ ♠ ♠
Finally an update! I hope you all enjoy.