Status: Complete

Tangles of My Heart

Chapter Nine

Waverly Braxton

I was stumbling around the forest, tripping over foliage and tree roots. It was now pitch black and I couldn't see anything. Being a human hybrid obviously didn't enhance my night vision, or my sense of balance.

I was tempted to just lay down in the grass and sleep until morning when I could see. I had attempted to run home, with my Hybrid speed but I kept tripping and falling and needless to say, I was not a happy camper in the least.

I kept going knowing fully well that I could end up in Cancun. Dead.

I was paranoid, looking over my shoulder knowing that I wouldn't be able to see anything anyway. But I was scared, scared beyond reason.

Michelle! I said, opening our connection.

Can't talk, I'm having a massive fight with Embry She said, rushing as she closed off the connection.

I groaned.

Come one Alice, I thought, See me, see me, see me. I chanted over and over again, until I was sure something was following me.

I paid close attention to where the sound was coming from and when I pin pointed it I threw an energy ball at the location.

“Ouch.” Someone muttered, my eyes widened.

“Who's there.” I shouted, “Tell me, or so help me God I I will set you on fire!”

There was a deep chuckle and my blood froze, no one chuckled like that except for a vampire, Darien.

“Ms. Braxton. I had no idea you were so . . . talented.” Said I voice I recognized to be Mr. Omano.

“Mr. Omano? What are you doing out here?” I said, as relief flooded my head.

“I recognized your car.” He said, putting a hand on my shoulder so that I knew where he was. “I knew you weren't just a human.”

“I knew you were a vampire from the moment I saw you.” I said proudly, smiling.

“What are you?” He asked getting straight to the point.

“Human Hybrid. I can run, hear and heal like a vampire, telekinesis and I can set fire to things using brain waves. Michelle can do all of that except for the fire, she has the power to make her self invisible.” I exclaimed, wishing that I could see his face.

“Incredible.” He whispered, moving his hand that was on my shoulder, down to my waist. I shivered involuntarily.

“Mr. Omano, can you help me get home?” I said sheepishly, “I may be a hybrid but I can't see a damn thing in the dark.”

“Of course,” He said sounding characteristically courteous, “Under one condition, you call me Adrian.”

“Adrian.” I smiled, liking that way that sounded on my tongue.

He scooped me up in his arms and sped off, in a direction that I hoped was my house.

“Get your hands off her.” Growled a voice.

Adrian and I were on the driveway of Michelle's house when Jacob showed up out of nowhere.

“Jacob-” I started, but he interrupted me.

“He's a vampire, Wave.” He said, as if I hadn't already known.

“Your point?” I asked, raising my eyebrows and putting a hand on my jutted out hip.

“You knew?” He asked, dropping his defensive stance and lessening his glare.

“Yes.” I said, “He helped me, I was lost in the forest and I couldn't find my way home.”

“Are you okay?” He demanded, pulling my into a hug and then checking my for bruises or damages.

“Fine.” I laughed, rolling my eyes. Hugging him back. My heart skipped a beat as his skin touched mine.

I felt flushed and let go of him, I stood awkwardly between Adrian and Jake.

“I will pick up your car and bring it back.” Said Adrian, turning to leave and but Jacob stepped up, blocking his way.

“No, i will go get her car.” He said defensively.

“Very well then.” Said Mr. Oman-Adrian, he stepped forward, taking my hand and kissing it gently. “See you in school.”

After he had left Jacob turned to me, stiff as a board, “See you in school?”

“He's a- a, Teacher.” I said, pursing my lips. “Come on, let's go get my car.”

He growled, but stopped when I took his hand, and smiled up at him.

“Why do you do this to me?” He asked, groaning, “Please tell me.”

I looked at him, funnily.

“What do you mean?” I asked, genuinely confused.

“Your playing me hot and cold. People who imprint don't usually act like we do, they usually are just together.” He said, taking my other hand and looking me in the eye. The intensity of his gaze scared me and I tried to turn away but he held me in place.

“Yeah, we imprinted but we seem to always screw things up.” I said, seriously.

“We belong together. I know it and you know it.” He said, moving closer, “You'll never love anyone more than you love me.”

“I know.” I whispered, allowing him to lower his lips onto mine.
♠ ♠ ♠
Again sorry for the delayed update. If you haven't already read my latest chapter of Colder than Ice you don't know about my new story idea. A Harry Potter romance but it will be so unigue it would blow your socks off.
Anyway, comment please and subscribe, if it's not too much trouble.