Status: Planned Out! No more writer's block! :D

There's a New Vampire King. I Am So Screwed.

Chapter 14

"I don't want to go to sleep, Darren." Darren kissed the top of my forehead and I smiled, before frowning. "I just have a bad feeling. I had a dream and-" Darren put a finger to my lips and smiled, stroking my cheek.

"It'll be ok. It was just a dream." I bit my lip and shook my head. This was different. I wasn't going to let it happen. "Just go to sleep. I promise I'll be here when you wake up."

"But that's what I'm afraid of! What if you're not?" Darren scoffed and shook his head. I sighed and gave in, sinking my head against Darren's chest and going to sleep. I just hoped he was right.

My sleeping didn't last long. My nightmare skipped over what happened while i was asleep. My eyes shot open and what i saw made my heart stop. "NO! Darren... damn it, why did you have to be wrong?" I crawled over to Darren as he took in a shaky breath. His blood was everywhere. I was sure some of it was Luke's blood, but most of itwas definitely Darren's. A tear leaked out of my eye as I held his hand. He gave it a small squeeze. "I told you so," i whispered, smiling sadly. He laughed and nodded.

"I've never been a good listener. Allissa, I'm so sorry. I never meant for this to happen to you.

"What do you-"

"With my death, comes your doom. I'm sorry." His eyes rolled in the back of his head and his hand fell away from mine to hang limply at his side.

"Wait! What do you mean? Darren? DARREN! NO!"

"NO!" I shot up, shaking uncontrollably with a coat of sweat all over my body. Darren was going to die. Tears started to leak out of my eyes. I didn't hate him anymore. I didn't want him to die.

Darren ran into the room and sat me in his lap. "What's wrong? What-"

"Darren. It- I- I had a nightmare," I finished lamely. "There was this one vampire chick who did something to me and ever since, whenever I have a nightmare it comes true. I haven't had one in a long time..."

"What did you have a nightmare about," he whispered comfortingly. That just made it all worse. He was the only reason I had stayed sane all this time! He was a dear friend, practically a brother. Not quite as brotherly as Tyler, but still very close.

"I-I- Nothing. It was nothing." I couldn't tell him he was going to die. That would just be cruel.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yes, short. Next chapter we'll check in with Tyler and Luke. :D Laterz!