Status: Planned Out! No more writer's block! :D

There's a New Vampire King. I Am So Screwed.

Chapter 15

~Tyler's POV~

"Luke, we need to talk." He nodded, immediately catching onto my desperate tone. We hurried into his office and he stared at me while I paced around a few times, trying to gather my thoughts.

"We've taken too long," I finally said. "It's too late. News has spread about the vampires having a new queen. Allissa. She's Darren's mate."

"Damn it," Luke whispered. I looked away from him, knowing tears were threatening to spill over and that he'd kill me if I saw them. "This can't be happening." He put his head in his hands and tugged a little at his hair in frustration. "We'll have to kill him."

I hesitated a little. No matter how much I hated Darren, he was still my brother. I couldn't help kill him. Even the worst traitors had never broken the unforgiveable rule. Especially within family. It was unspeakable.

But he had taken Allissa. I had to make sure he died. For Allissa's sake. I wouldn't be the one to kill him, but I had to be there. Who knew what Darren had done to Allissa? He was incredibly sadistic to humans and werewolves. Especially werewolves. Allissa may not be full werewolf anymore, but she was still half one. I couldn't imagine how much Darren much hate her, how badly he must have been treating her.

"When do we attack?" I finally managed to clear the lump in my throat and ask.

"Tomorrow. As soon as I wake up. I'm going to kill that bastard if it's the last thing I do." I nodded. I was still a bit hesitant, but I knew this had to happen.

For Allissa, I reminded myself. She's not safe with Darren. We have to save her. For Allissa. As soon as I thought about how much Darren hated werewolves, how badly he must have been treating Allissa, I had no problem convincing myself that we were doing the right thing. Luke was right. We had to kill Darren, if it was the last thing we did.

~Allissa's POV~

Seth glared at me and pushed further into my throat, choking me. He had me pinned to the wall with his claws digging painfully into my neck and his fangs dangerously close to sinking into my flesh. "I will never let you be queen. You will die before you try to order me around, bitch."

I clawed at his throat, but to no avail. I couldn't breathe. I was starting to lose control of my limbs as they begged for oxygen and my consciousness was starting to slip away. Seth dug his claws even further into my throat and blood started rushing out. I was seeing spots. Seth crinkled his nose in disgust. "Your blood reaks of werewolf. You're tainted. You'll never rule over the vampires with your disgusting werewolf blood in you. You're pathetic," he spat out.

My eyes rolled into the back of my head as it lolled a little to the side. I was about to lose consciousness, and probably my life, when Darren burst through the door. "YOU BASTARD!" he screamed and pried Seth away from me. My body sank helplessly to the floor as Darren started beating Seth to a blood pulp.

The guards heard the ruckus and came through the door. Darren threw Seth into their arms and glared at him, a look of pure fury on his face. "Throw this prick straight into the dungeon. Nobody is getting away with attacking Allissa. Nobody," he growled out with a snarl. All of the guards obeyed without a single word of protest, all terrified of Darren at the moment.

"Thank you for saving me," I mumbled as my throat healed. Darren sighed and ran a hand through his hair, groaning with frustration.

"This isn't going to end. The vampires are never going to fully accept you. You're not safe. You're not happy. You aren't meant to be here." He sighed. "I still want to be able to see you. Promise that you'll let me visit you."

"S-sure. Where exactly am I going?"

"I'm going to regret this," he mumbled to himself. "Go to sleep, sweetheart," he said as he picked me up and placed me in his arms on the bed. "As soon as you wake up, I'm taking you back to Luke. It's the only way you'll be safe and happy."

I smiled. "I don't want to go to sleep, Darren." Darren kissed the top of my forehead and I smiled, before frowning. Something was wrong. Something didn't feel right. This felt familiar. Too familiar. "I just have a bad feeling. I had a dream and-" Darren put a finger to my lips and smiled, stroking my cheek.

"It'll be ok. It was just a dream." I bit my lip and shook my head. This was different. I wasn't going to let it happen. "Just go to sleep. I promise I'll be here when you wake up."

"But that's what I'm afraid of! What if you're not?" Darren scoffed and shook his head. I sighed and gave in, sinking my head against Darren's chest and going to sleep. I just hoped he was right. He had to be right, right? He couldn't die.

Please let him still be alive when I woke up.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm going to try to update this story more often. I feel really bad that I have tons of comments and yet I rarely update it. So I'm going to be more active for you guys. :D Love yas!

Laterz.