Status: Planned Out! No more writer's block! :D

There's a New Vampire King. I Am So Screwed.

Chapter 23

~Tyler's POV~

This was a horrible idea. He could have me killed in a moment, and after completely abandoning him, I wouldn't blame him for a second. But he was the only one with the power to save Allissa, so I had to risk it. I could believe I was doing this... I knew it was going to be absolutely unbearable. It had been teasing at my mind for weeks, but I could never honestly think of doing it to myself. But if it would save Allissa... well, I'd do anything.

The door teased me, begging me to knock and I could just picture some guards hiding behind the door, waiting to pounce. I knew it was just my imagination, Andrew always travelled alone, but the thought still haunted me as I reached out and rang the doorbell.

It wasn't even a second before the door opened, but that second felt like eternity until a furious vampire bearing his fangs was revealed. I chuckled nervously, scratching the back of my neck awkwardly as he growled. "What the fuck are you doing here, traitor?"

"Hey buddy. Did you get my message? You didn't answer when I called..."

~Allissa's POV~

My eyes fluttered open, but I couldn't get any view of my surroundings. It was absolutely pitch black. A dark, maniacal laugh filled the room, making me shiver in fear. "You're awake. Brilliant. Now the fun can begin."

"You won't get away with this..." I spoke pathetically, but it was a pathetic argument and we both knew it. He laughed, and I could hear his voice constantly moving, never in one spot for more than a millisecond. He was toying with me. He wanted me to get as disoriented as possible, and I'm afraid that it was working quite well.

"Tell you what, darling. I'll give you a ten second headstart before I take off after you. That's an eternity in vampire world, it's really quite a generous offer. Starting... now. Go." I was still frozen for a second before something crashed loudly aginst the wall, making me jump and squeak quietly. "GO!" I didn't need another warning. I took off, bumping into walls and feeling my way around pathetically. Wherever we were, I could tell Seth was very familiar with it, because every bump I made had Seth practically giggling with glee.

I almost went toppling down when I arrived at some stairs, but managed to catch myself and eased myself down as quietly as possible. If I was quiet, he would lose my trail. My steps became absolutely silent as I slowed myself down just enough to not make a loud crash when my hands made contact with a wall. I kept easing myself and easing myself down the hall until suddenly, I arrived at a room with light. I was completely blinded for five seconds, and then my time was up.

"Ready or not, here I come!" Seth cackled, his steps nearly silent compared to mine. When he started going down the stairs, he purposely made his footsteps as loud as possible, in hopes that I would freak and give myself away. But I wasn't stupid. I had completely masked my breath, and now that my vision had cleared I could see that the door was right there, taunting me. It was only a matter of if I could get far enough before he caught me to be in the presence of werewolves, or even humans. He couldn't do anything then.

I was as quiet as possible opening the door, but my heart stopped as it slammed before I could go through it. Seth had found me, and his cruel laugh rang through my ears, making my head spin. "You lose. Now, then. Let me have my prize, the throne." His fingers wove themselves in my hair before pulling it behind him. I cried out in pain, kicking and screaming, but he wasn't phased at all.

"T-Tyler will save me." He just laughed and dropped me roughly on the ground, crawling on top of me before I could try to run away.

"Honey, if he really is going to save you, he's got about five seconds. Good luck." His hand gripped my wrist so tight that I thought it would break under the pressure, and he pressed it to his forehead. His other hand shot out to grab my remaining wrist, and as it hovered closer and closer to my forehead I knew I would be paralyzed. I panicked.

My head crashed against his in a headbutt, instantly making him release me. I bolted over to the door while he roared so loudly the entire house we were in shook. I jumped slightly as I heard the glass of a picture frame breaking, but my legs carried me far away from that monster before I could really react.

I pushed myself to go faster and faster, and soon the trees were flying behind me at speeds even faster than a vampire. Alexandria was faster and strong than both races... So I supposed that I was too now. A smile made its way onto my face as I went faster and faster, Seth's cries of fury becoming fainter and fainter in the distance. I was free.

Murphy's Law chose this opportune moment to lash out, and I tripped on something, crashing into a tree painfully and loudly. It was only a second until I recovered, but that was years in vampire world. Seth's hand wrapped around my neck, slamming me against the tree painfully. "I will be king. And as soon as I am, you will die."

He threw me against a tree hard enough to paralyze me temporarily, so I couldn't fight him when he grabbed my hands and pressed them where they were supposed to go. The familiar frozen feeling ran through me and he laughed triumphantly, leaning in until his fangs grazed against my neck. "Sre you afraid?" he whispered.

"Yes," I was able to whisper back despite the frozen spell on me. He chuckled darkly, pulling away from my neck.

"Good." He hissed then, his fangs rushing to meet my neck as fast as possible.

"Stop," a commanding voice demanded, and Seth froze.

"I win once again," I could hear Tyler say as he arrived behind the new arrival, smirking at Seth before resting his arm on the new arrival's shoulder.

"Don't push it, I'm still pissed at you," the boy growled, pushing Tyler's arm off roughly enough to send him tumbling into the dirt. "Now follow me, all of you. We've got business to discuss." Despite the fact that he looked no older than twelve, he held an undeniable commanding aura to him, and the look in his eyes demanded nothing but obedience.

The boy spun around without another word, and we all followed behind him, Tyler yanking me to his side protectively and growling at Seth. "SILENCE! And yes, that includes you, dearest princey," the boy snarled, glaring straight at Tyler. Nobody dared so much as step on a leaf after that.
♠ ♠ ♠
So... I adore Andrew. He's awesome. You'll learn more about him soon, but yeah... he's hilarious.