Our Truth

Hollywood Of All Places.

"Well...at least he'll never find us, huh?"

I looked over at my sister and smiled at her half-heartedly. I just can't believe we've felt so scared, that we have to move to a whole new continent. "I guess not," I replied. "But I never thought it would come to this. Us, running miles over the ocean, just to be safe."

"I know," Georgie sighed. "But you never know, we might like it a lot better over there."

"In down town Hollywood?" I questioned. I quickly shook my head. "I'm fucking shitting myself, if i must be honest."

My sister groaned frustrated. "Its all we can afford." She said. "I was actually surprised we could afford that. Apparently it costs a right bomb over there."

"Thats what I'm talking about," I tell her, sitting back on the couch, with the magazine of our new home in it. "That place is going to eat us alive and we're going to be left with nothing, all because of that fucking half wit who got our poor excuse of a mother pregnant!"

"I feel your pain, Sarah, but this is for the best."

Even though I hated to admit it, my sister was right. What other choice did we have? Fair enough, we could have put a restraining order on him, which would only last him a few years. Who said he wouldn't stop trying? He may not stop, and thats a risk me and my sister have to make. We have to move, make a new home in a foreign place where we don't anyone. And the worst thing is...we can't tell our friends where we're going, except a note that we've posted at their house's saying goodbye.

Throwing the magazine on the floor, since our coffee table and the rest of our furniture (apart from this bed couch I'm sat on) are half way to Hollywood by now, I leaned back and sighed heavily. I didn't want to go to this extent, but because of that cunt, I have to. Yes, it is for the best. But it's not fair how we've got to go running scared and finding refuge somewhere unknown to us. We've never been to the US before.

"Sarah," cooed my sister, bringing me back to reality.

Looking up at her, I furrowed my brows. "What is it?"

"Are we going to pull out the bed?"

I nodded my head. Stand myself up, my sister and I held the bottom of the couch and pulled it. As we walked back, we unfolded the bed from the cushions. Covering the bottom with a cotton blanket, with threw on a few pillows and then finally, the double duvet. My sister and I dove in and got ourselves comfortable. My sister flicked threw all five channels that we had and found nothing really interesting on, so she left it on ITV 3.

"What time do we need to be at the airport tomorrow?" I ask, looking over at my dark haired sister.

Yawning, she replied. "Around two thirty." Stretching out her arms, she turned on her side and looked up at me. "I've got my alarm set on eight thirty so we both get a chance to get a shower and that before we go. I don't fancy arriving in California smelling like a fat pig in heat."

Laughing at her choice of words, I nodded my head. "Cool stuff." I said, then looked at the time on my phone. "Well, its ten o'clock now. I'm going to try and get to sleep now then, because if I stay up, I won't go to sleep until early hours and I won't get up for my shower."

"Me too," Georgie replies, switching off the television.

Saying good night to one another, I reached over to the cheap side lamp I bought today and turned it off. Turning the other way to my sister, I stared out of the window and into the dark sky where light specks of silvery white glittered. A few red flashing lights shone upon the stars. An airplane. And I'll be on one of those tomorrow, heading out to Hollywood. I found it rather funny in a way. Of all places we could have lived, we're ending up in Hollywood. Smiling to my self, I slowly dazed off.

"Sarah, shower time!" Georgia yelled.

Startled, I flew out of bed and hit the floor. "What the fuck, Georgie? I've only just gone to sleep."

"No you haven't you fuck tard," she giggles. "You fell asleep before me last night. You was spark out by midnight and its nine thirty now, so get up and showered."

Groaning, I headed to the bathroom with some fresh clothes. I had a quick shower, washing my hair since it was a little greasy. Once I was finished, I did my hair and make-up, then I quickly changed. By the time I was ready, we were ready to leave. Grabbing hold of my hand-bag that contained my phone, cards and cash and whatever else it did, Georgie and myself wheeled our suitcases out of our apartment.

It was painful to go. We have so many happy memories with this place, minus the last year of course. Leaving the apartment building altogether, we got into our taxi that awaited us and we were soon heading off to Gatwick airport. The journey couldn't have gone any quicker, because we were soon checked in and called onto our flight. Finding our seats, Georgie and myself sat ourselves down. Nothing much was said between us on the way here, so doubt much will be said on the way to Hollywood.

"Hello Ladies and Gentlemen, this is your captain speaking," said the captain over the intercom. "If you could please fasten your seat belts, we're ready to take off. Our journey will be thirteen hours and I hope you enjoy your flight."

"Thirteen hours." I repeated. "You've got to be fucking kidding me."

Georgie giggled and shook her head. "I'm afraid not, sis."

"Ugh! By the time we get there, I won't be able to walk off of the damn plane without falling on my ass."

"Why is that?"

"Because my legs will be like jelly by the the time we reach Hollywood."

Georgie rolled her eyes at me. "You need to stop over-reacting, they'll not turn into Jelly."

"How do you know? Have you been on a thirteen hour flight before?"

"No, have you?"

"Ye-" I cut myself short. "No, I haven't."

"Then we both don't know," Georgie said, looking straight ahead. "I guess we'll find out when we get there."

After she finished her sentence, the engines of the plane roared. It backed out of the gate it was in and road round to the landing strip. Soon as it was clear, the plane moved forward and picked up fast amounts of speed on the way and before we knew, we were flying high up in the air. We had to wait a few hours before the cabin crew came out with their carts full of munchies and alcohol, but as soon as she arrived, I got myself two packs of walker's crisps and three Jack Daniels and cokes.