Status: On hold

Viper Returns to Hogwarts

Talking

I grinned, seeing that the common room hadn’t changed one bit. I heard a hoot from upstairs, signaling Russell found my room. I let him be and turned to Tiffany. “So what’s been going on lately in Hogwarts? Or even in the wizard world?” I asked curiously. Even though Henry was a wizard, he didn’t pay attention to politics much.

“Well, I heard Fudge quit his job. He’s faded away, so to speak, now that he’s retired. Voldemort-” She began, but Carmen cut her off. “Maybe about Hogwarts now?” She asked, semi-rudely. Tiffany raised an eyebrow, but nodded nonetheless.

“Alright, whatever. Pansy took over as head prefect-” “WOAH! YOU’VE GOTTA BE KIDDING ME!” I cut her off, flailing my arms around. The wanna-be popular Slytherin weakling was HEAD PREFECT?! “What the fuck was good ol’ Snape thinking?!” I shoved my face in my hands, muttering “This can’t be happening” over and over like a mantra.

“The only good thing is that she’s too lazy and does jack shit.” Tiffany offered, comforting a tiny bit. Atleast Pansy hasn’t changed that much.

“Pray tell me who is skipping class?” A feminine voice rang at the top of the staircase and I almost gagged. Speaking of the wanna-be. “Must you even ask?” I mocked melodically and almost cracked up when I heard her trip down the stairs.

“VIPER?!” She yelped, scared. I grinned and I felt my eyes shift to gold. It was my most intimidating face without going to the extreme…but I save the extreme for those you really deserve it. “Yes, yes, Pansy. Miss me?” I tilted my head to the side. I heard Tiffany gulp out of shock, but she’d get used to it. I loved scaring the shit outta people on a daily basis.

“N-n-no…” She stuttered, her body trembling. “Now why don’t ya leave us for our own business, kay?” I grinned as she gladly sprinted up the stairs. “Stupid bowl-cut wonder…” I muttered, narrowing my eyes.

“OMG! VIPE! I need to get to class, pronto!” Carmen shrieked, shutting her compact closed again. I leaned against the wall. “Err why?” I asked. Carmen was just as bad as me…why would she WANT to go to class? “Because I have Herbology…WITH JAMES!” She squealed happily like a little schoolgirl.

“James?” Tiffany asked and was immediately attacked by Carmen afterwards. “James! James Madison! Heartthrob of Ravenclaw! A keeper on the Ravenclaw Quidditch team!” Carmen cried, shaking Tiffany’s shoulders. Before Tiffany could even comment, Carmen was pawing through her luggage looking for her robes. “Vipe you are putting my luggage in my room, kay?” She didn’t even ask me, but whatever. Not like I had to do much anyway. With that, she was up the stairs and on her way to Herbology.

“Hm..what do I have now?” I murmured to myself. “Divination! Who else has divination now?” I asked the three. Tiffany scratched her head. “I know I have the Care of Magical Creatures now…”

“Really? I do too!” Evan’s face lit up a little. I smiled for him…maybe he could get over me soon. Jet shrugged. “I have Defense Against the Dark Arts.” I tilted my head to the side. “Who the hell teaches that class anyway?”

“Professor Lupin again!” Tiffany grinned. “Thing is…I heard a new teacher is coming in next week. His names Willow Johnson.” I froze. Oh god, there is no way in HELL- “Somethin wrong, Vipe?” Jet asked, putting a comforting hand on my shoulder. I shook my head.

“Fine, fine. Well…let’s go to class shall we? I’m getting kinda bored…plus I can annoy the teachers again. Ah, what fun!” I levitated my luggage and Carmen’s up to the top of the stairs and I calmly walked up them.

“Are ya sure, Vipe?” Jet called to me. I just ignored him…cause I was just imagining it, right? It was just a huge coincidence really. “If you want, Evan, we could walk together to class?” Tiffany asked somewhat shyly. Evan nodded, cheeks getting a little pink. He looked up to me and I gave him a look out of the corner of my eye. With that, he looked back to Tiffany. “Sure” He smiled softly, grabbing his own luggage.

“I GET THE WEREWOLF GUY! WOOOOOOOO!” Jet screamed, hauling his luggage over his shoulder and storming up the stairs behind me. I side-stepped just in time, or else I would’ve been squished.

After throwing my luggage down and, with Russell’s help, I found my robes and after leaving the dorms, I saw Tiffany still waiting for Evan. “If ya want you and whatever crew you hang out with can sit next to us at lunch.” I smiled. Tiffany really was a cool chick…and maybe, just maybe, she’d be in the group someday. I sighed, too bad, though, that this would be our last year. And graduation, most likely just hers, was only months away.

With a soft smile as her response, I walked past her and towards divination. As I opened the door, Professor Trelawney had her signature far-away look on her face as she failed to notice me. I slipped into a seat next to Cedric, as he was one of my first friends when I arrived. He was severely injured in the Tri-Wizard Tournament and agreed to stay back a year, putting him in my year and some classes.

“Miss me babe?” I asked and I saw him jump. This motion, of course, made people look his way and I heard gasps. “So nice of you to re-join us this year, Miss Albatrosse…” Trelawney faintly smiled. I nodded, just wanting her to forget me again. She always creeped me out.

“Vipe! What are you doing back here?!” Cedric asked wide-eyed. I sighed and simply pinched his cheek. “I was only on suspension. I’m allowed, wait scratch that, FORCED to come back.”

“MICHELLA REBECCA ALBATROSSE! THAT IS ENOUGH!” Trelawney suddenly burst out. I twitched. Did she JUST yell out my full name? But I saw the crazed look in her eye and decided to say nothing. Sure, she was crazy and weird but once she had that look…you better back off. Hell, I learned that my first year.

I could never forget when she nearly blew me to pieces and I was forced to take so many medicines and Nurse Pomfrey watched over me nearly every minute she could. I shuddered at the memory.

“You can never stay out of trouble, now can you?” I heard a familiar voice say behind me. I turned my head when the Professor wasn’t looking. “Fuck no Draco. And you know that.” I stuck out my tongue and turned back around. I smirked a little, realizing how much I missed everybody…just not Trelawney. Or Pansy. Or most Gryffindors. Or- Cedric poked me.

“Huh?” I asked lazily, bored. Suddenly, his face closed in on mine and he left a soft kiss on my cheek. “Welcome back.” He smiled charmingly. I smiled back, trying not to burst out in a huge grin. I could almost feel the jealousy radiating off of the Slytherin behind me. Ah…the rest of this year was sure to get interesting.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please comment and tell me what you think!