Status: On hold for now.

Devil's Work

Gerard’s Idea

They venture out again, and this time, it’s like the neighborhood is suddenly aware of them. They hadn’t left the house for days so maybe the neighbours were suspicious of why they were locked in their house for that long while.

Gerard suggests seeing his brother. It’s not like him to cut his younger sibling out of his life so much, even when he does have a kid. So they pack up to drive to New York, where the younger Way lives. Usually they stay overnight, since the drive is too long for their liking, so they pack overnight clothes.

While Frank packs Kaitlynn’s stuff in the other room, Gerard calls and makes sure his brother knows that he’s coming to visit.

“Yeah, we’ll be heading up there,” Gerard says, careful about his words. He’s been suspicious of the phone lines since the mysterious phone call.

“Great!” his brother responds happily. “We haven’t heard from you in a while. We’ll get the bedroom set up for you.”

Gerard makes sure that there are plenty of people outside when he loads the car with Kaitlynn’s stuff. He waves to a few neighbours, who wave back and smile. There are no shiny black cars to be seen anywhere.

“Ready?” Gerard asks Frank. Kaitlynn is all strapped into her car seat. She squirms, unfamiliar to the seat, and she looks up at her dads with wide hazel eyes. Gerard notices the sparkling curiosity about them. He smiles down at her.

“Yeah, pretty much,” Frank sighs, and Gerard practically knows what his love wants to say to him. Come on. Let’s just run away from all this mess, right now.

Gerard heaves as he lifts Kaitlynn’s car seat into his arms. “Let’s go, then,” he tells Frank. They put the seat in the car and Frank stays at the back with the baby, and then Gerard takes off driving for New York.
♠ ♠ ♠
:)
xo