Status: On hold for now.

Devil's Work

Frank’s Worry

Frank is apprehensive. This is, of course, apparent as he washes dishes after dinner when Gerard goes upstairs to put Kaitlynn to sleep.

He scrubs the dishes with all his might and tries not to cry. He has dreams. He has dreams that men in suits will take her away, that women with cold, nasal voices will tell him that he’s being a dad all wrong, and take her away. It gives him insomnia. But then he’s awake to hear Kaitlynn cry in the night, so it seems to pay off in those little ways.

But he knows that Gerard will always tell him that he’s being a great dad. That there’s no guidebook to tell them what they’re doing wrong or right. And he rubs his lover’s shoulders and tells him that everything will be fine.

Frank wishes that he had proof, though, that everything would be all right.

There are the quiet thuds of Gerard’s footsteps on the stairs and when Frank looks up, Gerard has a rigid look. Frank drops the sponge he’s holding but is quick not to drop the plate that he has in his other hand.

“What’s wrong—”

“Get upstairs.”

Frank’s heart pounds. “What’s wrong?” he asks, but is quick just to drain the sink and do as Gerard says. With that tone in his voice, something is really wrong.

“I’ll tell you upstairs. Just go. And turn out the light.” Gerard turns away and goes to the coat closet. Moments later, he pulls out a baseball bat.

Frank just runs upstairs and goes to see Kaitlynn. She’s sleeping soundly. After about twenty minutes, Gerard is upstairs again. There’s sweat on his brow. He looks at Frank, and then Kaitlynn, and then Frank again.

He sets down the baseball bat and sits on the bed, running his fingers through his hair. “I was closing the window and saw one of those cars again. I heard noises outside of the window downstairs. I was... I don’t know what it was. But when I got outside the noises were gone, so was the car.”

The window downstairs is the window facing the kitchen. Frank gulps.

“I’m scared, Gerard.” Frank bites his lip. And then, for the first time ever, Gerard admits something that he’s never ever said before.

“Me too, Frank.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Very, very hectic week for me. I wanted to get this out earlier, but anyways, here it is now. D: Please don't haaate me.

Ooh who's seen the new Harry Potter movie? I have. I really liked it, and I don't know why people find it so horrible...

Anyways. Yeah, here is the update. Enjoy Frank's moments of worry. Dx If that is possible.