Break This Awkward Silence

Tell me where we go from here

Alex managed to collect Gracie from day-care with little drama and soon the pair were home. Pulling into the driveway of her small home Alex noticed something tucked away in the far corner of the front porch.

“Looks like we’ve had a delivery, angel-face,” she murmured to Grace as she unbuckled her from her car seat and set her down on the concrete.

Collecting her bags from the trunk Alex took Gracie’s hand and they climbed the three small steps to the porch.

“Flower,” the little girl chirped, toddling over to the bouquet in the corner.

After opening the front door and unceremoniously dumping her numerous bags in the once tidy hallway Alex joined her daughter. Crouching down next to Grace she inspected the deep red and pink roses, oriental lilies and cerise and ruby coloured gerberas for a card. Spotting one deep amongst blooms she slipped it out of its pewter coloured envelope.

Alex –

I’m sorry I was an asshole yesterday and at the party.

I don’t deserve your forgiveness anymore so I’m going to stop asking for it.

Love Bri
x


Alex frowned at the message. Brian had never given her flowers except the day Gracie was born, he had brought her a bouquet identical to the one sitting on her porch.

She bit her bottom lip as she re-read the card. He sounded sorry, but he had sounded sorry plenty of times before. She ran a hand through her hair and shook her head, things just got more complicated everyday.

comments = ♥