Break This Awkward Silence

Let me go on record

“Come on little lady,” Alex smiled at her daughter, “Bath-time.”

Grace looked up at her mother, “Can daddy come?”

Alex’s smile faltered a little and she looked at Brian who shrugged.

“Uh, sure,” she said as she took Grace’s hand.

Alex looked at Val helplessly as she passed her on her way into the house.

The little family made their way upstairs and into the bathroom. Alex reached into the bathtub and turned on the water while Brian helped his daughter out of her dress.

She smiled to herself as she watched Grace splashing around in the bathtub and Brian attempting to stop her from soaking him.

“Okay I think you’re pretty much clean. Now we have to wash your hair,” Alex informed Grace who promptly squeezed her brown eyes tightly shut.

Both Brian and Alex reached for the shampoo at the same time, their hands briefly touching. She blushed a little as she took the bottle from him and lathered it into their daughter’s hair.

When she was all rinsed off Brian lifted Grace out of the bathtub and wrapped her in the large fluffy towel in Alex handed him.

“How about daddy reads your bedtime story tonight Gracie?” Alex asked as she helped her into her pyjamas.

The little girl clapped her hands as Brian smiled over at Alex, he had missed spending time with his little girl while he was on tour.

“Thanks, Al,” he said softly as he walked past her and into Grace’s bedroom.

Alex smiled as she peeked around the door and saw Brian help Grace pick out a book for him to read to her.

Sighing to herself she wandered back downstairs to Val and the rest of the guys.

comments = ♥