Break This Awkward Silence

Be the first to say I'm sorry

Brian came down the stairs to find Alex alone, cleaning up in the kitchen.

“She’s asleep,” he said quietly.

She turned to face him and smiled, “Good. The rest of the guys went home a little while ago. How many times did she make you read the book?”

He smiled and leant against the counter, “The one about the rabbits? Three, but she fell asleep near the end of the last time.”

“She loves that story, and she loves having her dad read it to her,” Alex sighed.

“Now that I’m back are we back to the normal schedule? Two nights a week at my place?” he asked.

Alex rubbed the back of her neck, “Um, yeah sure. If that’s alright?”

Brian nodded, “I’m more than happy to work around you guys.”

“Good,” she nodded.

“So, I’ll see you Tuesday?”

Alex nodded again, “Yup.”

“I’ll see myself out,” Brian motioned behind him to the front door.

“Sure. See you later.”

“See you,” he replied as he walked out of the door.

Alex bit her lip and looked down at the counter she was leaning against. She swallowed back the tears that had appeared from nowhere and shook her head at herself. Part of her wanted to get back with Brian but she couldn’t forget how he had cheated on her while he was on tour and now Michelle could be in the picture.

She wanted her little girl to have a stable home environment but what kind of example would she be setting by getting back together with Brian?

comments = ♥