Break This Awkward Silence

Or would you lay me out

“Hey Johnny,” Alex smiled as she wandered into the kitchen.

“Hi Alex,” he smiled back as he took a beer from the fridge, “Want one?”

She shook her head, “I have to work tomorrow.”

“Are you okay Al? I mean since Brian and you split he’s been a bit of a shit if you ask me. If you or Gracie ever need anything, anything at all, you know I’m here right? For anything?”

Alex grinned at him, “I’m okay Johnny. Gracie, well she’s amazing as always. You’re my best guy friend, John, without you I wouldn’t have met Val and the girls or Brian. I wouldn’t have my little girl. Okay it kind of sucks to be a twenty-three-year-old single mom who barely talks to the father of her child but… I’m doing okay.”

She hugged him close and felt his arms wrap around her waist, “You’ll be the first to know if I’m not okay Johnny. I promise.”

“Good,” he smiled as they separated, “Cause you know if anyone messes you around I can totally kick their ass.”

Alex grinned, “I wouldn’t doubt it.”

“Johnny can kick whose ass?” asked Jimmy as he waltzed into the kitchen.

“Anyone he wants to,” Alex replied, throwing her arm around Johnny’s shoulders.

Jimmy raised an eyebrow, “Really?”

Alex nodded.

With a lazy smile on his face Jimmy ran at Johnny, grabbing him around the waist and flinging him over his shoulder.

Laughing, Alex followed the two ‘men’ back into the living room and joined the rest of her friends.

comments = ♥