Status: Updating, regularly

Shed Your Yellow

CHAPTER ONE

She dropped to the ground silently. The sirens sounded louder as the distance between the two closed, the amber glow of the lights penetrated her canopy of greenery. She heard the slam of two car doors, followed by the mumbled conversation of two men. Their voices low and footsteps heavy, she quickly concluded that one of the pair was black, they were both overweight and were middle-aged at perhaps 35 years old. A glance through the shrubbery found that to be correct.

"They're here somewhere Jones, I can smell 'em," The black man announced, only to be met by a small chuckle from the others.

"You palm read too, Lewis?" Jones asked sarcasm dripping from his tone. Lewis pushed the previous comment aside, circling around the children's park in hunt for the miscreants.

'Ironic, drug-dealing in a play park. Exactly what got me here in the first place' she thought.

He pulled his cane out, jabbing it through the bushes. He ran it harshly through the green battered plants, hacking away causing the mostly dead flowers to fall dejectedly. She pounced backwards, her back pressing against the redbrick wall behind her and then shuffled to the tree to her right, after catching a glimpse of the cane coming towards her. The stick drew closer as every millisecond passed, the adrenalin coursed through her body. Her speed accelerated to the point where it was all a blur, pushing back the thoughts in her head she distracted herself, missing the root that stuck out from the soil.

Smack!

She hit the ground, she was fairly sure they heard that, nevertheless she held back the groan of pain she urged to let out, her lungs were on fire. The cane brushed along her back causing her to inhale flattening herself across the muddy growth. As the cane came down on the sweep that should have hit her an explosion sounded. It echoed loudly, she was sure the people five or six blocks away would have been woken from their slumber by that one. The two police officers turned pouncing into action.

"Come on Lewis, I am not getting it off the chief for missing this one. It probably is those bloody miscreants anyway!" The pale man complained, already making his way to the scene. Noting the opportunity the young red-head dived for the tree, narrowly missing the last thump Lewis gave the area. She winced imagining it hitting her, not something she'd like at all.

Further sirens sounded, a fire engine and an ambulance, along with the whole fleet of cop cars. She had to move fast, especially if she wanted out in time. Small building of people emptied, coming to stick their noses in. She smirked. Perfect!

And like the final piece of the puzzle she slipped away from the park, dodging the throng of people all heading towards the explosion. She walked down the dimly lit street, hugging her thin leather jacket to herself in hope of some form of shield from the autumn cold, also in assurance. Feeling the thick wad of cash against her breast. This should give her a decent cut, enough for a cheap motel room and perhaps even some food.

She was bundled sideways into a small side alley a hand cupped firmly around her mouth. She didn't scream, she knew who it was, she knew who he was.

Gerard fucking Way

"You're lucky I saved your ass there, Char. That could have been nasty."

If his hand still hadn't been pressed against her mouth she knew her jaw would have dropped. Gerard Way, had done something nice to her. As his hand released from around her, she spun and slapped him hard across the face. He massaged his cheek with his hand glaring daggers at her.

"Oh, so that's what I get for saving you," he shouted bitterly, she mockingly snorted.

"Yeah 'cause I needed your help so much to start with!" the girl's eyes narrowed dangerously, daring him to say another word.

"Really? Because if you ask me, I think we both know you were inches from being busted. And we both know you don't need to be locked up right now, so a simple thank you would have sufficed," he argued. A silence ensued.

"Thank you" she whispered softly, before distracting herself with the graffiti scrawled across the brickwork. This time it was his turn. He stuttered a little,

"Excuse me?" He asked still shocked.

"You heard me asshole, don't make me say it again" He rolled his eyes, moving closer to her, gazing into her eyes.

"When are you going to let your guard down for me?" He asked more so to himself.

"Never" She whispered, harshly brushing him off walking away.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments and Subscribers are appreciated.
Yes, this means that MWHITY is gone.
Not only was it awfully written, but it was cliche too.

I'm hoping this is somewhat better. :)
Rachel,ox.