An Deiner Seite

An Deiner Seite

Morgan Amsel drummed his calloused, tanned fingers against the oak table, a sign of impatience he'd had forever. The drumming stopped as a black-haired whirlwind sat in the chair opposite him. The whirlwind, who happened to be Morgan's best friend and boyfriend, Etsuo Kagome.

"I'm really sorry I'm late, Morgan!" Etsuo apologized, digging around in his pockets that reached his knees at the same time.

"What's the excuse this time?" Morgan sighed.

"Amaterasu wanted to know where I was going! She surprised me when I was trying to find my money and would not shut up. You're so lucky you only have a brother and not two sisters! And now I've forgotten my money!" Etsuo wailed.

"I'll pay."

"I love you!" Etsuo sighed happily and blew Morgan a kiss.

"Don't I get a proper kiss?"

"I haven't brushed my teeth this morning; I need to get a new toothbrush 'cause Amaterasu used it to clean the dog's teeth, and then clean the toilet. She's so childish sometimes!"

"She's six."

"...Still."

Morgan sighed and stood up.

"Come on, Et. We'll stop at the store on the way to my place to get you
a toothbrush."

"Why your house?" Etsuo asked as he got out of his seat.

"Parent's are out, d'uh." Morgan called over his shoulder as he paid for the four coffee's he'd had while he waited for Etsuo.

"Oh."

"Yes; oh."

Half an hour later, Morgan was leaning against his headboard, legs tucked close to his chest as he waited for Etsuo to finish brushing his teeth. His hazel gaze fell on his guitar, and he resisted the urge to start playing. That'd get Etsuo out of the bathroom. Etsuo would also forget why they were sitting in Morgan's bedroom, in Morgan's empty house.
Sighing, Morgan let his gaze drift to the edge of the bed, and began to wait.

In the en-suite, off to the side of Morgan's bedroom, Etsuo stood facing the mirror, toothbrush clenched between his teeth, and strawberry flavored foam around his pouting mouth. His pale hands were desperately wrenching at the taps.

"MORGAN!" He yelled around the toothbrush, finally giving up.

He heard a grumbling, then a few footsteps and soon the door opened to reveal Morgan standing in the doorway, arms crossed and a smirk on his face.

"What's up, Ets?"

Etsuo pointed at the taps and made a twisting motion with his hand.

Morgan sighed, though he was smiling and turned the tap on, twisting them the opposite way to Etsuo.

"Fucker," Etsuo grumbled as he spat into the sink, picking up the towel on the counter as he did so.

"Not my fault you're stupid."

"Not my fault you act like a straight boy."

"So if I'm so straight I can't kiss you then?" Morgan pouted, leaning back against the counter as Etsuo rinsed his mouth.

"Nope. No sex either."

"Hugs?"

"Nope."

"Touching?"

"Nope."

"Ah. Better have one last goodbye kiss then." Morgan said, grabbing Etsuo, and placing their lips together for only a moment.

"Don't you fucking dare, gay boy." Etsuo growled as Morgan started to move away.

"Yay! I'm gay again!" Morgan clapped sarcastically, before kissing

Etsuo again, with a lot more force.

Just as things started to get a little rated eighteen, somebody knocked on the door to Morgan's room.

"I thought you said nobody was home?"

"Nobody is. Hold on." Morgan whispered, placing a finger on Etsuo's mouth. "Wer ist es?" He asked, slipping naturally into the language he spoke around the house.

"Es ist mich, du lieben bruder." The person called.

"Oh. Eintreten." Morgan looked back to Etsuo. "It's Erich."

Erich was Morgan's twin brother, Etsuo rarely saw him because most of the time he was out doing whatever English-language-hating crazy German people did.

"Aufschließen die Tür, bruder."

"Oh. Taurig, Etsuo ist hier." Morgan grumbled as he walked to the bedroom door and unlocked the door.

"Mein gott!" Erich threw a hand over his eyes before Morgan fully opened the door."Bist du nackt?"

"Nein, bruder." Morgan sighed and walked back into his room, grabbing his lighter and cigarettes on his way back to his bed.

Etsuo plodded out of the bathroom and sat next to Morgan, holding out his hand for a cigarette.

"Was taten sie und Etsuo?" Erich asked as he sat on the floor.

"Auf Englisch sprechen." Morgan grumbled, lighting Etsuo's cigarette as well as his.

"Ich mag nicht Englisch."

"I don't care. Etsuo, ignore the me-look-alike. I'm not related to him. He got plastic surgery."
"Morgan! Ich spreche Englisch!

"Speak it then, or just get out. Whatever; I want to fuck Etsuo."

"I love subtlety in a man." Etsuo casually mentioned as Erich pretended to puke and ran out of the room.

"That's why you're with me."

"Is it? I thought it was because you're the only other gay guy in this damned tiny town."
Morgan glared at Etsuo and kicked him in the shin.

"Shut up, Etsuo."

"You know I love you really, Morg." Etsuo smiled, leaning forward and exhaling his smoke onto Morgan's lips.

"Don't call me that. I sound dead." Morgan grumbled. "And hurry up and finish your cigarette's want a kiss." Stubbing out his cigarette in the rainbow striped ash tray Erich had brought him, Morgan stretched and walked to the still open door.

"ERICH! Aufenthalt heraus! Und wenn Mamma und Vati nach Hause kommen, erklären ihnen, daß ich zeichne und allein verlassen werden möchte!" He yelled before slamming the door shut.

"What did you say?" Etsuo asked, stubbing out his own cigarette.

"Just told Erich to stay out and keep mom and dad out." Morgan lunged onto the bed, pushing Etsuo further up it and kissing him as he did so.

"Warum nicht du erklären könntest uns-" A female voice said as the door swung up, her voice catching before she could finish.

Morgan and Etsuo broke apart, Etsuo looking guilty and Morgan glaring at his mom, who was standing in the door, a hand held up to her mouth.

"Kuso." Etsuo muttered, in Japanese, adjusting the front of his trousers

"Mamma! Gehen!" Morgan growled."Und geschlossen der Tür."

"Mein Sohn? Du bist homosexuell?" Morgan's mother gasped.

"Nein, Mutter. Es ist ein Witz. Selbstverständlich bin ich das Homosexuelle, dumm! Jetzt HERAUS!"

His mother looked on the verge of tears as she left the room and Morgan grunted.

"I am so going to be murdered."

"You can come and stay at my house, my parents don't mind about us, after all." Etsuo said, placing a comforting hand on Morgan's shoulder.

"You're sure?"

"I'm positive. Pack some of your clothes and stuff and we'll head over to my place."

----

The next morning, Morgan stood against the counter in the Kagome's kitchen, a near empty pint glass of apple juice in his left hand and his school bag in his right.

"Bit early for beer, isn't it?" Mrs. Kagome joked as she walked into the kitchen, Amaterasu following her.

"You know me, never too early." Morgan smiled back. "Would you mind if I smoked, Mrs. Kagome? I would go outside but its cold and I haven't got my shoes on yet." He placed the empty glass in the sink and placed his bag on the counter, where he'd hopefully remember it was.

"Call me Shinju, Morgan, please. And you can smoke anywhere in the house except here, in the kitchen. Etsuo and his father smoke as well so I'm not bothered. Where is Etsuo anyway?"

"He was getting ready half an hour ago when I came down. I'll go get my cigarettes and see where he is." Shinju smiled and heaved Amaterasu onto the counter.

"Thank you, Morgan."

"Thank you for letting me stay here, Shinju." Morgan waved at Amaterasu, who was sucking her thumb and attempting to keep her wide eyes open as he walked into the hallway and passed Yori, Etsuo's father.

"Morning, Morgan." He nodded as Morgan ran up the stairs.

"Morning, Mr. Kagome."

Five minutes later, Morgan was standing against the door in Etsuo's room, a cigarette resting neatly in the V between his index and middle finger, contemplating how to get his lazy assed boyfriend out of bed.

"Oh, Etsuo! Get up now and I give you the best orgasm of your life later." He'd tried. Etsuo had just grumbled and rolled over. Then he tried blowing cigarette smoke in his face. Then he'd tried bouncing on the bed, managing not to scatter ash everywhere. Looking over at Etsuo, who was laying on his stomach, his face pressed into the pillow, Morgan got one last idea.

Putting the almost burnt out cigarette in the ash tray, he pressed down on it, ignoring the short spark of pain. He quickly stalked over to the bed, and was soon lying almost on top of Etsuo. Tracing a path around his boyfriend's ear with his tongue, Morgan moaned lightly.

"Etsuo, I'm so horny."

THAT woke him up. Etsuo rolled over, moving Morgan back on top of him as he did so.
"How long have we got till we have to get to school?" He asked Morgan as he pressed kisses along his neck.

"Half an hour, give or take." Morgan breathed, and moved his lips to cover Etsuo's.
"My mom will come looking if we're not down soon." Etsuo rolled them over and straddled Morgan's hips.

"I told her I needed a smoke."

"Yeah, but smokes don't take half an hour."

"Suppose."

"Skip Math and make out in the bathroom?" Etsuo asked, getting off Morgan anyway and leaning over the edge of the bed to find his jeans.

"Definitely." Morgan kissed Etsuo's bare back, retrieved the jeans

Etsuo had thrown over the headboard last night and grabbed his shoes at the same time.
"Downstairs, ten minutes."

-----

Less than an hour later, Morgan was sitting on the counter in the bathroom at school. His long, black, denim clad legs were tucked up underneath him and his black clad arms were wrapped around himself as he waited for Etsuo.

"Hey! Emo!"

Morgan turned his face to glare at the jock, Adrian Corey, standing next to him.

"My name is Morgan. I do believe I've told you a few times. What do you want?"

"The bell just went." Adrian paused. "Morgan."

"I heard. I'm not deaf."

"Well why aren't you going to class?"

"Because I want to make out with my boyfriend." Morgan deadpanned, searching in his pockets for his cigarettes.

"You've got Mrs. Hughes, right?"

"Yes." Morgan finally found his packet of cigarettes and took one, lighting it with his favorite lighter.

"So do I." Adrian said, stating something Morgan already knew.

"I know. Tell her where Etsuo and I are and I hurt you, okay?"

"Whatever." Adrian sighed and walked out of the bathroom, muttering something about weird German kids.

Etsuo, who'd come in just before Adrian had left, laughed.

"Talking to jocks now?" He smiled, walking over to Morgan and pecking his cheek.

"Shut up, or I listen to my Ipod all hour and you can entertain yourself."

"You going to listen to that weird band you like? With the hot guys?"

Etsuo asked, stealing Morgan's cigarette and taking a drag, before putting it out in the sink.

"Tokio Hotel? Yes." Morgan grunted and hit Etsuo over the head for putting out his cigarette.

"They're weird."

"You'd get along fabulously then."

After a few minutes of slightly uncomfortable silence, Etsuo sighed.

"I thought you were horny."

"I am."

"And you're ignoring me, why?"

"Because I'm fantasizing about Adrian." Morgan laughed and hopped off the counter, pulling Etsuo into a hug as soon as his feet hit the floor.

"You better not be." Etsuo said his voice dull.

"Of course I'm not," Morgan said coyly. "Only you." He pressed his lips against Etsuo's, pushing him back and up onto the counter as he did so.

"NICHT WIEDER!" A voice screeched from the doorway.

"Bad timing runs in your family, doesn't it?" Etsuo groaned, dropping his head onto Morgan's shoulder.

"It seems so."

"Morgan! Mama bat mich, dir zu erklären, nach Hause zu kommen." Erich said from the doorway.

"Tell her I said no. Now fuck off." Morgan stroked a hand over Etsuo's back, before gripping the t-shirt, something Etsuo knew meant that Morgan was pissed.

"I need a piss." Erich said in heavily accented, slow English.

"Use another bathroom."

Erich glared at Etsuo and Morgan before storming out, the door slamming behind him.

"You all right, Hun? And don't say no; your nails are digging into my back." Etsuo sighed, pushing Morgan's blonde and red hair out of his face.

"No. I can't believe she thinks I'll just come home. I know what'll happen. I'll go back, they'll forbid me from seeing you and try and turn me straight."

"How do you know?"

"It's happened before."

"What? How?"

"You remember my older brother?Gustav.You know he just left?Well there's a reason.He's gay. One day, mom and dad found out and Erich and I came home one day two weeks later, we found out that they'd told him to leave, because they couldn't accept a gay son. I was going to tell them on my eighteenth birthday and leave before they could say anything."

"Maybe they've changed."

"That'd explain why when Gustav asked to come home for mine and Erich's birthday, they refused."

"That's terrible!" Etsuo gasped, tilting Morgan's head up so he could look into his dark green eyes "You can stay at mine as long as you want. Even past your eighteenth."

"You'll say that up until the day we break up." Morgan sighed.

Etsuo gasped and leaned back.

"What did you say?"

"I said, you'll say that up until we break up."

Etsuo glared icily at Morgan; and then slapped him.

"What was that for!??!" Morgan cried, clasping his burning cheek.

"For saying we're going to break up!" Etsuo glared at Morgan harder, even though his dark eyes were starting to fill with tears.

"You can't expect us to be together for ever, Etsuo!"

"I don't think about when we're going to break up! I think about now, when you're moaning about something, I think about your voice, when you're singing, I think about how passionate you are about it, when you're playing guitar, I think about your face! I don't think about what'll happen after you stop, or what'll happen tomorrow, only now! Maybe you should try it!"

Morgan reached a pale hand up to brush the tears away from Etsuo's cheeks.

"Maybe I should." He said softly.

"I'm sorry." Etsuo apologized, looking down at the floor.

"Its okay, liebling. You're right."

"Liebling? What does that mean?"

"Nothing. Just know this; ich liebe dich."

"But how am I supposed to know something if I don't understand?"

"Because, you might feel it too; then you'll know."

"We are getting ridiculously romantic."

"I know. Let's stop. I don't like sappy."

Etsuo smiled and kissed Morgan's cheek quickly, before blushing.

"Why the hell are you blushing, Etsuo?"

"Are we going to get the rest of your stuff today?"

Smirking at the incredibly obvious subject change, Morgan nodded.

"Sure." Morgan looked down at Etsuo's watch. "We'd better get going. I have to get my books from my locker, and make it too Mr. Healy's class on time. Bye, Etsu." Morgan grabbed Etsuo's face before kissing him hard on the lips.

-------------------------

Morgan ran his hand down his CD rack lovingly, before pulling out a CD he'd burnt himself. As he held it up, to check for scratches, maybe, Etsuo noticed the a word scrawled on it in Morgan's terrible handwriting.

"What does it say on the CD?" He asked as Morgan placed the CD carefully into his stereo.

Shrugging, as if to brush the question off, Morgan clicked the fast forward button until the number four was flashing in green letters on the small screen.

"Listen to this." He pressed play, and then stepped over to his wardrobe, pulling the doors open quickly.

Etsuo half threw himself onto the bed and closed his eyes as whoever was on the CD started playing guitar, very well, Etsuo thought. After a few seconds, fifteen at the moment, a voice started a manly, yet girly voice at the same time.

"I don't have any idea what its saying, you know." He snorted, as he realized it was German.

"You don't need to. What do you think Bill, that's the guy who's singing, is singing about?"

"Um...I don't know. Love? Sort of sibling love?" Etsuo hazarded a guess as Bill started in on the chorus.

"Exactly. He wrote it for his twin brother, Tom, who's playing guitar. Its all about them being together, you know, not leaving each other."

"Sweet; what’s it called?"

"In Die Nacht, by Tokio Hotel. I have it on my laptop, I can email you it."

"Thanks." Etsuo leaned back at looked up at the poster covered ceiling.

"Oi, Etsu, I thought you were going to help me?" Morgan yelled from inside his huge wardrobe.

"Neh, can't be bothered really." Etsu laughed.

"Fine. I'll take forever getting this done, and by the time we get back to your house I'll be too tired to fuck you."

"Okay! I'll help!" Etsuo scrambled off the bed, almost tripping over a lone shoe.

"Note to self: Etsuo will help for fucks."

"Shut up. You're irritating."

"I love you too, Etsipoo." Morgan said as he appeared from the wardrobe, several rucksacks in his hands.

Etsuo sighed, picking the shoe up from the floor and throwing it in the general direction of Morgan's face. This was going to be a long afternoon if Morgan felt like joking around.