I'm Just Tired...

Early Morning Showers

Zane’s POV

I woke up to the most amazing thing. Dax in my arms, our legs tangled together. Our bare chests toughing. I felt his warm breath on my bare shoulder. It made me shiver. I pried one of my hands away from his waist (I really didn’t want to move it) and brought it to rest on the back of his neck. Dax was warm. He was never warm. At least, not this warm. I really hope he’s okay.
I rolled over onto my back and pulled Dax on top of me. I lightly ran a hand up and down his back; the other I kept on his neck. He wrapped his arms even tighter around me. “Zane,” he mumbled against my chest. I wasn’t sure if he was still asleep or not, so I waited.
“Zane, no,” he mumbled again. “Don’t go,” he whispered. The light breath against my chest made me shiver and so did his words. I wasn’t going anywhere. I could never leave him. I loved him, remember?
“Dax?” I said and lightly shook him. He opened his beautiful grey eyes and looked up into mine. “Zane?” he whispered uncertainly. “I’m here,” I whispered back. He smiled before looking over to the clock.
“I bet your parents are worried. It’s five in the morning.” Shit, I bet they were. But I didn’t care. Dax was in my arms, and I was in his. That’s all that mattered.
“Are you all right?” I asked him. “Bad dream,” he said. “Dax,” I said seriously, “I will always be here. I will never leave you.” He looked at me a little unsurely. “How can you say that for sure?” he asked. “Because I love you, remember?” A smile played on his lips as he leaned up to kiss me gently.

Dax’s POV

I leaned up and kissed Zane gently on the lips. It’s not that I didn’t believe him when he said he wouldn’t leave, I just have some trust issues. Those same words were said to me about three and half years ago.
“Dax, I’m not leaving you. I’ll never leave you. I’ll come back.”
“Promise?”
“Yes. I promise.”

Tears pricked my eyes and threatened to fall as I remembered Martin’s words. I didn’t want Zane to see me cry anymore. I hugged him close to me briefly before getting off of him and standing up. He sat up and looked at me.
“Dax?” he asked worriedly. “I’m fine,” I said forcing smile. “What are you doing?” he asked as he stood up beside me. “Might as well get ready for the day. It’s almost five thirty. If we go ahead and get ready, we’ll have an extra hour to…” I trailed off suggestively.
He wrapped his arms around me. “You know,” he whispered in my ear, “if we take a shower together, it’ll be quicker.”
I’m glad I’m not much of one for blushing. If I was, I would be blushing much more than just the tiny bit I was. This tiny bit was so small and unnoticeable, that Zane couldn’t see it in the dark. I decided to tease him for making me blush and to divert from the fact that I was blushing.
I smiled and pulled him by his belt loops into my bathroom. I saw a note on my mirror.
Dax,
Don’t worry. I informed Zane’s parents that you weren’t feeling well yesterday and that Zane wanted to stay with you. I told them that the two of you had fallen asleep by the time I got in. They said it was okay for him to stay as long as he made it to school ON TIME. That goes for you too.
Love, Mom

I let Zane read the note as I turned on the shower and got him a towel. When I turned around, he already had his pants off and was working on his boxers. I quickly turned away.
He chuckled quietly at my behavior as he went on into the shower. “Join me when you’re ready,” he said still chuckling. Damn. I was supposed to be the one teasing him. Stupid ADDness. Makes me forget about teasing my boyfriend. Whoa. Zane’s my…boyfriend…Zane…wow.
I pulled off my jeans and boxers then pulled the shower curtain away enough to get in. Zane finished rinsing the shampoo from his hair then looked over. I could feel his eyes roaming all over my body. It made me nervous.
After a couple of minutes that felt much longer, he reached his hand out and put it over my heart. I closed my eyes in contentment. Zane’s hands were always so warm. I loved that warmth.
I felt him move his hands to my shoulders. He pulled my shivering frame under the warm spray of water. His hands slid off my shoulders and down my sides, stopping at my waist. I opened my eyes and saw he was staring intently at my face. “Are you okay?” he asked. I smiled and nodded. “Just a little cold,” I whispered back. He nodded then grabbed the soap.
I shampooed my hair and rinsed it then moved out of the way so Zane could rinse off his body. I know I’ve said this before, but I feel the need to say it again. Zane is very well built. And very hot. And when he has water running down those muscles of his, it’s more than enough to make your blood run south, if you know what I mean.
I tore my eyes away from Zane’s chest and abs and began bathing. I tried not to think too much about him so that I wouldn’t develop a…problem. It actually wasn’t that hard to distract myself from him.
The soap was stinging the cuts and giant scrape that was my back. The bruises hurt whenever I touched them, and my muscles were aching. Beating up that kid yesterday after having already been beaten myself was really taking its toll.
I gasped as Zane pulled me back under the water and into his chest. He really surprised me. I tried to ignore the fact that his naked body was pressed against mine, but that was extremely difficult. It must have been for him too because he kissed me on the cheek before stepping around me and getting out of the shower.
I quickly finished then got out to see Zane with a towel wrapped around his waist. “You should so go to school like that. It’s hot,” I said, wrapping a towel around myself as well. “Only if you go with me,” he said smiling. I rolled my eyes and grabbed his hand, pulling him with me into my room.
I went into my closet and threw a pair of old, baggy jeans out to Zane. They were way too big for me but would fit him fine. I tossed him a pair of boxers as well. I shut my closet door then got dressed in some boxers, plain skinnies, and black Aiden band tee.
I grabbed a looser white AFI tee for Zane and walked out of my closet and handed it to him. He just stared at it for a second so I asked, “You like AFI right? I thought you did. Sorry.” “Oh, no. It’s not that, I just…”
It dawned on me. That wasn’t what the popular kids were listening to at school. Zane was one of the popular kids. He had an image to keep up. “Oh, that’s right. That whole popular thing. Here, I’ll get you another.”
He looked really sad, but I wasn’t sure why. I wrapped my arms around his waist and kissed him softly. “What’s wrong?” I whispered. “Nothing, I’m just being really stupid about this is all. It shouldn’t matter. I don’t why it does, but it just does.”
I chuckled quietly as I took the shirt out of his hands. “Honestly, Zane, it’s cool. I understand. And it should matter. Don’t worry about it.” I pecked him quickly on the lips then got him a different shirt. This one was black and said, Sometimes I wonder why that Frisbee keeps getting closer and closer…and then it hits me.
It fit his personality well. Not that Zane isn’t bright, he just likes jokes like that. He pulled it on gratefully then looked at the clock. “Six eighteen,” he said. We had over an hour before we had leave.
♠ ♠ ♠
you know that was hot. yup. well, this one's for Flawed Perfection for staying up late with me and talking with me while i wrote it. (and distracting me some, but what the hay, i enjoy talking with her) and also for insisting i update this one.