Dance Maci Dance

1

"All right Maci...” I said strapping on her little shoes.
"Daddy should be here soon." I finished tapping her foot. At that moment the doorbell rang.
"Daddy?!" she asked. She was so excited to see Brian because she hadnt seen him in over 6 months. His missed out on a lot. Im surprised she even knows who he is.
I smiled and said yes.
I hitched her on my hip and started making my way to the door.
It rang a couple more times before I got there
"I'm going!" I shouted I swear Brian can be so damn impatient some times.
I opened the door giving him "the look"
"I'm sorry!" he said smiling and putting his hands up in defense
"I’m just excited to see my two favorite girls" he said grabbing Maci and kissing her on the cheek.
I just smiled ignoring the comment Brian and I hadn't been going out for the past 2 years.
Ever since Maci was born things changed.
"What are you doing tonight?" he asked
"I’m not sure." I lied.
"You should come with us then, I wanna take Maci to the park and out to eat and maybe after we can hangout?" He asked
I shook my head. “Its okay. It’s yours and Maci's time. I don't want to intrude" I answered.
“What the hell? Intrude? Ha, your going out tonight aren't you?" he always knows when imp lying.
"No, I just want to spend some time on my own" I once again lied.
"Sure you do." He smirked
"I-" I was cut off by maci's small voice
"Bye, bye mommy." she said waving her little hand
"Geez, some ones in a hurry to get a way from me" I laughed tippy toeing so I could kiss her
"Not me!" Brian said. "Whatever" I said giving him a little push making sure not to throw him to off balance since Maci was in his arms
"Don't bring her home too late!" I called out as he walked down the driveway.
He turned and gave me a thumbs up and I waited as he put Maci in her car seat and drove away.
As soon as I walked back into the house my phone started to ring.
Maybe it’s not my weekend
But its gonna be my year
I’m so si-
"Helloooooo" I answered knowing who it was without having to look at the caller id. It was Liz, my best friend since pre-school.
"Has syn, picked up Maci yet?" she asked
I answered a quick yes and told her to come over.
In less than 10 minutes she was inside talking about what we were going to do tonight.
"Oh come on Bentley, I know your a mom now but just because you are doesn’t mean you have to stay home and be a loser!"She exclaimed
"I got out" I said looking down at my peanut butter and jelly sandwich.
"The zoo, and all those other kids stuff doesn't coint" she snapped
"Alright!" I almost yelled
"I'll go out with you, wherever you want but we have a problem"
"And that is?" she asked cutting me off
"I told brian to bring Maci home early" I finished
"Well than ask if she could sleep over?" she answered simply
"I don't know, I mean its his first night back and I’m pretty sure he's going to want to spend the night with the guys..." I said not sure of myself. I was never going to ask brian for favors and I didn't want him to think that I was throwing Maci at him. Even though he is her father.
I closed my eyes tilting my head back on the couch thinking of what to do.
It sounds greedy but Liz was right. I needed to go out. I spent almost all my time with Maci not that it’s a bad thing. I just needed a little time for myself.
I took my phone out of my pocket dialing a number I had memorized oh so well.
Liz sat Indian style on the floor looking up at me with a smile on her face. It rang a couple times until someone answered.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is my first story I’ve ever posted online.
I hope you guys like it.
Any opinions on it and how it could be better please let me know.
Oh yea, and sorry about the grammar and spelling.