Dance Maci Dance

2

“Hey babe” Brian said as he answered the phone
“Hey baby” I replied. I figured if I went along with it; it would help me.
I could sense him smiling on the other end “So you finally gave in, huh?” he asked
“Ha yea right, its going take more than just some sweet talk for me to fall for you Haner” I answered. It was true. It was quite for a moment. “Brian, can I ask you for a favor?” I said timidly
“Well it depends.” He swiftly answered. “Um…” I didn’t know how to say it without feeling bad. I wanted to go out but I wanted Maci to come back home. I wasn’t sure If I completed trusted Brian with Maci over night.
Liz pinched my thigh so I would finish my sentence. “Can Maci spend the night?” I asked as quickly as I could.
“Are you serious?” He asked
“Yea” I mumbled “Its okay forget it, just bring her over when she’s ready.” I finished. Pressing the end button on my phone.
“Sorry Liz, I’m staying in tonight” I said giving her a small smile.
“Oh my-“She was cut of by my phone ringing.
I looked at it knowing who it was. I wasn’t going to answer it.
“Well…?”Liz asked.
“Well what?” I asked looking up at her “Aren’t you going to answer it?” She said looking down at my phone then back at me. “Nah, it’s not important”
I quickly changed the subject not wanting to get in any more details.
“I’m really sorry Liz; I just hate asking him for favors. I promise you next time I’ll ask Stacy to take care of her for a night.”

“Oh, alright.” She said smiling. She got up giving me a hug and grabbing her purse from the bar.

“Where are you going” I asked watching her walk towards the door

“Can I still go out mom?” she asked with a smile on her face
I laughed grabbing a pillow from the sofa and throwing it at her. “Get out of here!” I said as she threw the pillow back at me. “I’ll call you tomorrow.” She said as she disappeared through the door.

I turned back around looking around the room wondering what I would do now. I picked up my phone looking at the time. It was only 8 and I figured Brian would have Maci back home by 10. My phone had rang a couple more times but I paid no attention to it. I didn’t want any more drama. It wasn’t my thing.
I laid down for a while flipping through the channels when the door bell started to ring.
I sat there not wanting to get up hoping that whoever was on the other side of the door would go away. A minute later it was still ringing. “Bentley open this door right now!” the person on the other end yelled
I sighed and made my way towards the door. I opened the door and turned walking to the couch taking my former position.
“What the hell Bentley?!” He shouted. I finally looked up at Mark. “What Mark?” I asked finally looking up at him. “I’ve been calling you non-stop why didn’t you answer?!” He yelled
“Seriously Mark…?” I said as I stood up “What’s wrong with you? I never answer my phone and you never freak out.” I walked towards the kitchen
“Well…. I knew HE was coming over to pick up Maci” he said sitting down on the counter. I poured myself some lemonade and offered him some but he simply shook her head.

"I just wanted to make sure you were okay.” He stated. I gave him a funky look and started to laugh.
“Max, calm down I would never cheat on you” I said reaching up to kiss his lips.
He smiled into it and pulled me in between his legs rapping them around me. “I know babe, I’m sorry” He said running his fingers through my hair.

I gave him one more kiss and walked away back to the living room. “When is Maci coming back?” He asked sitting next to me rapping his arm around my waist.
“I’m not sure, maybe around 10.” I answered moving around trying to get comfortable.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry about this one.
I promise it'll get much better.